went NC to VS for a day...wow

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bill Hicks, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Naberius13

You know it's funny. I've played all three empires to at least BR 10. Of those three, I prefer NC because I like their gun play, screwed up as it is. Playing Vanu is easier sure. Playing TR was just mind numbingly easy. I was consistently killing people faster than they could react with headshots from the Trac-5 and while I didn't like the T9 Carv, it's obvious that it's a solid weapon. The biggest thing I was doing wrong with it? I was burst firing like I was still NC. I'll stick with my Mercenary and I even swear by the Gauss SAW because counter-sniping idiots and engaging at medium ranges while crouched in an ambush position makes it useable. I'm not deluded enough to think that if I run into someone of equal skill and we both open fire at the same time that I'll likely win unless my screen bouncing all over the place puts a slug through his head.

I'll stick with NC, but when I need to blow off steam? I either play another game or play Vanu/TR. Makes me miss Enemy Territory though, even that map with the Rail Cannon against a half awake Allied team. I liked knowing I could use a harder to use weapon like the Sten or the Semi-Auto rifles and kill people with a touch of power and finesse.
  2. Aelloon

I actually made an NC character on Miller. I wanted to try out some NC play and that's when I took the screenshots. My gameplay went like this: I created the character, I dropped into a watchtower fight and got rocketpodded. I respawned and I got rocketpodded. So I respawned elsewhere, went back towards that watchtower since it was the only thing to hold on that map and guess what? Nope, I didn't get rocketpodded, I got hit by a HE tank shell. Somewhere down the line I could fire weapons too and I don't know, as far as carbines are concerned I couldn't tell a ******* difference between the NC default and VS default other than reload time and ROF.

People died to me at a similar rate and everything seemed pretty similar. NC voices are annoying though, gotta give you that.
  3. ANTiKES

dont leave nc just dont...
  4. Xasapis

I kind of wonder why people don't ask for burst fire mode for their weapons. That would partially solve some of the weapon problems. When you provide something with a specific tool, you are giving him an indication of how a weapon should be used. So if a weapon that is not accurate in full auto gets a burst fire, at least the new people would know that for certain situations (mid to long range), burst fire is preferable.
  5. Suien Reizo

The gauss compact burst is a prime example of burst fire being trash in this game. It is a gun that suggests it should be ideal at longer range, but due to the spread on the two rounds and the slower rate at which you must effectively tap in order to accurate plink a target from afar it is inferior to just doing it yourself with the base carbine.
  6. Purg

I have 1 NC on Briggs, 1 NC on Connery and 1 VS on Helios to get a feel for what I'm up against. If you randomly chose an NC character I was to play with, I wouldn't be able to tell you if I was on Briggs or Connery. It's client side hit detection, I don't have to compensate for triple the ping, I just shoot at what's on my screen. I'm as successful on the US servers as I am on the AU one.

My VS just has the Alpha bonuses and I wish I could use the Orion as NC. At VS today, with my Orion, I traded shots with an NC HA at about 30 meters, killed him. Had another to my 3 o'clock behind cover and shooting between the gap in a barrier at about 50 meters, killed him. Neither of them put enough damage on me to burn through my shields.
  7. Alexii

My main is tr. my alt is nc. My nc has a better kd ( by far )
  8. ent|ty

Well...
    went VS to NC for a day...wow

I have been playing FPS games longer than main demographic has been eating solid food. I can tell when something is better.I went NC just for a day (from VS) and its an amazing shift in feel. I can take out whole rooms of people and put hurt on people in good cover.

Weird huh? I guess it's all perspective. Don't understand why people say NC is underpowered.
  9. TeknoBug

Most of the VS guns with slow rate of fire are garbage, the high rate of fire ones wins, and the medic Equinox burst is amazing. I used to think the Pulsar C was a good gun but then I went back to the Solstice and started to get kills more reliably.

I've been playing FPS games since the early 90's when Wolfenstein 3D, Duke Nukem and DOOM came out, I too seem to get good kills with NC. It's just the players over there are terrible.
  10. Kracken

There'd be no NC.
    • Up x 1
  11. StormChazer

Just because you can get kills as a faction does not mean that it's not underpowered.
    The NC weapons are inaccurate, slow and already at disadvantage after missing just 1 single bullet.
    The only reason I ever stayed with NC was because of my outfit, but I'm really starting to get fed up with the guns.

Anyone who has any FPS knowledge can tell that the factions are clearly imbalanced.
    TR>VS>>NC.

Right now I'm not sure if I should wait for SOE to balance the game, ignore the fact that I've spent nearly 70 hours building
    my NC character and start building my TR alt or just move on to the next game.
  12. NoobianKing

Having tried all three factions. Playing NC is rough. Yeah the weapons are stronger. The fire rate is also WAY WAY WAY slower. When the enemy movement speed, target aquistion speed, and firing speed are all better than yours as an entire faction. You can easily say that the power means nothing since you are getting his 2 to 1 on fire speed. That means every shot from the NC has to count or your dead. Or your can be TR or VN and whip around and blast the heck out of everyone cart blanc. NC movement and fire speed just doesn't allow for it. I would transfer all my certs to either faction vs. NV in a heart beat. In fact I have hope that will happen soon. Because NC is painful to watch and play. Until you actually experience the pain of playing the NC for a couple of weeks. You just have no idea. IT IS TERRIBLE!!!!
  13. Nenarch

Test terran too.. then give us our view of them... You'll get an englightment.. atleast all my friends have gotten it and are sticking atm to their TR heavies/engineers instead of playing their VS chars.
  14. Gambles

True enough.
  15. Vanuub

No need to downplay the woodman-NC. I have my main (VS) on woodman and it is almost always good back and forth fights against NC. TR are just funless, boring, zergy.
    Got a about 60-40 nc-tr kill ratio, you guys are just way more on our area than the TR, and it is usually worth sticking around for a defense, unlike mossie swarms.

ontopic, Buyer beware, starter guns are starter guns. Had a similar moment when I began a NC character. Had to massively change my firing pattern (from SVA88, orion-style) until i hit the short controlled burst sweetspot.

People rolling VS-ha after being NC get a misleading impression, since all that they start with is the orion and get blinded by the difference in ROF and (lol) hipfire between that and the SAW.
    Meanwhile the Flare and EM6/SAW-S are not that different (even had the same COF BLOOM, per shot) and the EM1 and Polaris are very close as well. And that is not taking into account that VS has more damage-drop per bullet than TR and NC.