C4 discussion practical uses for it, and how vital it is to upgrade to second teir.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FreakinTank, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Nehlis

You forgot to put one right next to a sundy, where the peoples spawn. C4 farming anyone?
  2. FreakinTank

by far best post XD
  3. Niric

Hahaha - Great examples and ideas. This is more of the department I was expecting myself to use C4. I use several of these same ideas for my Proxy Mines as well.

That Max trick has served me well with any infantry too actually. As an infiltrator they think you're so helpless with out range between the two of you. So really all they need is a glimpse of you running to hide. Place the proxy on the corner and they'll march right into it for an easy kill, nearly everytime. Its also fun to use that turret trick in a similar way. Just put a proxy outside of the turret exit spot then get their attention by shooting the turret and watch them say "Oh its just an newbie playing an infil, I could own him easy. Exit turret, dead. lol

-Niric
  4. Caracal

Oh, little known fact. c4 will stick to the ceiling.

Also, if you see a MAX shooting into the air. run up to it and place the c4. they wont see you.

If you see a max shooting at ground targets, drop c4 on it from above. they wont see you. lolsilly max's
  5. Iridar51

Way to be a soldier, Caracal, them nice ideas.
  6. Delax

Two C4s is critical in my opinion. I haven't been able to one shot many vehicles with them, even if you tag them on their weak spots it can require two. There has been odd instance where I've tagged a Prowler on the treads to have it explode to and it was at full health so weak points can mean everything.

It also requires two to successfully take out a structure turret. Earlier today myself and some other fine LA's made our way to the top of a tech base. The six of us were able to successfully remove both AA turrets and one Phalanx cannon. This shifted the battle immediately as three galaxies filled with people from a larger outfit poured out of them. It was truly awesome to see as we peered over the balcony.
  7. EaterOfBabies

I like to place them inside the door of a spawn room right before the base flips and go find a quiet corner to rest in. It flips, a bunch of clueless troops rush in to be the first get all the kills, and they meet Mr. C-4. It's a nice way to give them the middle finger on you way out.
    • Up x 1
  8. Niric

Hahaha - I saw this done the other day in a bio lab. It looked like it netted the guy at least 5 if not more kills. It was impressive. I guess having 2 C-4 for this would make it even more insane. You could take out 2 different doors worth of rushers.

I couldn't make up my mind on unlocking C-4 last night, so I just did my usual. I'm up to over 700 certs again because of my indecisiveness. I guess thats enough certs to unlock both C-4 right up front. I think I'll start with one and go from there. I think I need something like C-4 if anything just for additional infantry combat and point/generator defense tactics. But at the same time I want to cert an endless amount of other things too. Haha. I just can't decide. I want to try flash grenades as well. Some one posted that they're not working per yesterdays patch though.

-Niric
  9. EaterOfBabies

I've got about 1000 certs saved up, mostly from the double XP weekend, and I've been holding off on getting the second level of C-4. For you though, I would definitely recommend getting the first level. I find that I don't use it constantly, but it sure is nice to have when I come up against a max, an injured vehicle, etc. Where as before I would need to just run away, now I have an option to deal with it. I'm not always successful, but it just feels better knowing I'm not completely powerless.

As for flash nades, I haven't used them personally but I have had them used against me once or twice. It certainly worked on me as my screen went white for a little bit making me panic and run into walls. I did manage to jet pack out of a building exit in the confusion and subsequently suicide myself after falling off the building with no jump juice left, while still blind, lol. Must have given the opposing team a nice laugh for sure. I would imagine these are more situational then C-4 but very effective in those situations.
  10. ShumaKun

You can plant C4 on your flash, get the speed jump off, push the button and make your flash shine XD
  11. doctorzais

I mostly use C4 to kill people chasing me around corners, also placing them in strategic areas when I am capping a point, blow up a bunch of people grouped together, or finish off a tank

It costs way too much to get 2 C4s then go out of your way to MAYBE (<30% chance) blow up a full tank. It really isn't worth it IMO.

Better off spending the 500 certs on buying something that will REALLY kill tanks like HEAT cannon for lightning or rocket pods for ESF
  12. Nuubo

I ve placed both on the back, not sure if that matters tho (I just do that all the time, so I didnt even think of trying to place it somewhere else).

My advice to you would be: stop tossing grenades/C4s left and right if you are running out of resources.... I mean, if I can manage (!!) to have enough (sometimes barely) for grenades, C4s, Proximity Mines and Anti-tank Mines, how the hell can you have trouble with just the two of them? :)

Like.... kill a MBT... oh wait, you cant.

Maybe a Lightning then.... nope.

A landed ESF? What about a MAX? Damn, those grenades sure "can achieve much more", as long as it is infantry only ... :)
  13. Sharmanti

Well first of all. Tossing c4 and nades all over the place is not what I do. If I know the enemy is in a certain location I lob nades in that direction.

Also, well basicly, taking down a tank is 200 resources. A phalanax turret? 200 resources. My outfit requires me to kill all anti-air so they can do their job. So that's 400 resources to get 2 phalanax turrets. That is 20 minutes of waiting IF we own the majority of the map. if not? well then it's 4 times as much.

And yeah, it's more effective with nades. You kill more people with them. Alot more people. They're cheaper and better at what they do.

Let the airforce take care of tanks and such. It's not even worth killing those phalanax turrets with c4. Costs me 200 resources, costs a MBT/HA 3 rockets or so... FAIR
  14. Niric

Great input there, thank you for this! A had a good laugh on your 'jetting out of building and dying while flashed' story. I would pay a 10,000 cert unlock for flash grenades if that happened every time I threw one. Lol. Funny stuff.

Though I'm yet to even try C-4 myself, it sounds like a single C-4 is totally worth the price just for its anti-infantry and max applications. However it sounds like the 2nd cert is required if you want to try to utilize C-4 in anti-armor/turret applications and because of that detail, the cert unlock for the 2nd C-4 and resource cost sound too high too me. Especially based on its level of situational usage against armor. Maybe what they should do just drop the resource cost to 75 (Which puts it inline with the cost for smoke grenades and they seem way overpriced, to me) and make the 2nd C-4 cert unlock for only cost 250. The 2nd C-4 unlock is like 400 or 500 isn't it? Definitely too high.

On that topic: I feel like the 200 cert unlock for my smoke grenades was way too high too. They don't smoke for nearly half as long as I was hoping. The smoke effect disappears way too fast for my taste.

-Niric
  15. Sharmanti

Ye, the c4 is pretty good when you're above the enemy, yet to close to throw a nade. But be warned, the AoE is very... I tell you, very weak. You'll litteraly have to have them within half a meter of the c4 if you wanna kill them, or else they'll just be damaged.

Secondary, yes the price is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. We're talking a 40 resource cost to make this balanced at all. Because, frankly, they're very situational and the maximum xp you get from doing what they're ment for (blowing vehicles and **** up) is 300xp. That is if you manage to get up to a tank with 2 guys in it (mbt) avoid detection from the gunner and everyone else. plant 2 c4 which takes for ever and then manage to run off. 2 nades could eaaaaaaaaaaaasily give 400-600xp

Also, if anyone shoots at the tank before you can blow it up, your c4 explode and the guy shooting gets the kill. Same goes if you put it on the ground and a friendly nade explodes nearby, all your c4 kills are now his.
  16. SpaceCowboy

I only had it for like an hour and already took out a bunch of tanks

It is extremely useful in certain situations

I like to fly out of the camped spawn and drop the bombs... BOOOOOM no more tank
  17. illgot

What do I use Infantry points for?

Grenades, mines, C4.

I max out all of those to 40 as I play and rarely fall below 30 before I am back at 40 again.

I do not use a max often enough to worry about ever having points for one.
  18. nginferno

I think i have too much stuff to spend my inf res on lol... I used to play medic a hell lot, to the point where i got the revive nades and maxed the med app. Recently switching to light assault and boy my k/d flew sky high. After that I bought claymores for my engie and med packs. Suddenly i find myself spending so much freakin resources its ridiculous. And i havent even got the 2nd c4 on my LA yet.
  19. Jaxxx

Its situational indeed, but when the opportunity arises, a 2nd c-4 is huge. Anyone that has had to defend against a max crash in a bio-lab can attest to this. The other night the TR rolled out with close to 100 maxxes on us, yes 100!!! I dropped my c-4 brick into them twice and my screen scrolled with max kills and bonuses for close to 5 minutes.
    Again though that was an ideal situation for a 2nd c-4. There are many other situations for them besides that, but you have to know when you do and dont need them and gear up accordingly.
  20. Wolfwood82

The real trick to this argument is that gunshooter does his normal thing of presenting half an argument, then calling everyone else ******** because he neglected vital bits of information related to his point of view, such as "a sunderer in a battle with 2 manned turrets and engineerSZAH repairing it".... Obviously in such a situation there are going to be HA hanging out near it, and chances are those HA have AA rockets, or AV if it's a tank threatening it. In other words a sunderer in that situation is fairly safe against anything short of a combined arms assault that includes infantry.

They really aren't that hard to kill. And situations such as the one described by the allmighty and allknowing gunshooter are less common then he lets on.