C4 discussion practical uses for it, and how vital it is to upgrade to second teir.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by FreakinTank, Dec 11, 2012.

1. gunshooter

...What?

Ok I will explain this to you again, the exact same thing I just said: Light Assaults can fly. There is no "landing and walking up" to the Sunderer, and no one ever used the word "walk" until you posted it. Please don't speak to me. Thanks.
  2. gunshooter

Ok so you don't do math, but you've never emptied a clip into the back of a Sunderer and said "ah, so that doesn't kill a sunderer"
  3. MykeMichail

C4 is handy when you've got a group of guys chasing you through a choke point.

Plant C4 as you run out a doorway and turn around and wait for them to catch up. If they're not paying attention, they'll generally use the doorway as cover as they try to shoot you and BOOM. LOL
    • Up x 1
  4. IshanDeston

ROFL. So your suggestion is to crash your exp farm Rocketpod ESF for 200exp of a sunderer kill? And thats your big use for C4?
    • Up x 1
  5. Niric

Oh you mean like when I said in my initial post:
    And you ignored my reply post to you as well when I said.

Edit: Just to clarify my confusion of your confusion, because of course I know it takes more than one reload to take out a Sunderer with rockets. But hey, I'm not real good at math, so who knows. It's math science.

Looks like you're really reading into what we're saying rather than actually reading it. Feel free to keep sturring the poop though if you want. It makes you look real cool, I gotta say. Keep it going!

-Niric
  6. gunshooter

Ok I understand you're not very smart since you're a grown man who still can't use correct form of you're or your and it took you 4 posts to realize that LA's can fly. Vehicles are expendable in this game and killing a Sunderer literally stops an attack by itself. Oh no, my ESF is on cooldown for 10 minutes and I spent 200 of a resource that is impossible to run out of when I am PLAYING LA ANYWAY and I don't give a **** about that at all, and what did I get out of it? Probably at least 5 kills, a dead Sunderer, and Istopped the enemies attack all by myself by taking out the highest priority target in the game. What a waste.

I mean you legitimately thought I was suggesting this course of action:

1) Fly up to a crowded surrender, shoot rocket pods
    2) Carefully land near the sunderer, hop out, slowly walk up to it (when you can fly) and drop c4
    3) Detonate c4, then calmly walk back to landed ESF when there's probably like 50 infantry around angry that their surrender got blown up
    4) Fly away

You *ACTUALLY* thought that I was saying that. Oh my GOD.

I have you on ignore now btw.
  7. gunshooter

Why are you replying if you don't know basic stuff like that? What did you contribute, other than needlessly adding doubt where there should be none? Way to act all offended when in reality i'm the one who should be offended that someone like you put their nose where it doesn't belong.
  8. Niric

Still not reading anything it looks like. I should have seen this coming. The joke is on me!

Video game forum discussions - Serious Business - Only those with 100% perfect knowledge and information need apply or feel the wrath of Gunshooter's ignore. Don't give input and ask for clarification based on your own experiences, they're not good enough. You're nose doesn't belong here peasant! With you're small brains that don't know about the exact math and science of Planetside 2!

And oh dang, did you really just put that guy on ignore?

Edit: I think my favorite part is where you've decided in your mind that I'm offended by all this. Hahaha.

-

Anyhow back on topic -- So the example being used at placing 2 C-4 on a Sunderer being just short of taking it out at full health, utilizing a specific placement of the C-4 then? Or does the C-4 not have the ability to 'critical' on things?

-Niric
  9. gunshooter

You come here posting that the "trick" to killing a Sunderer is to shoot it in the back, based purely off your assumptions because of that 1 time when you killed a tank (not a sunderer.) This is irrelevant and wrong, and serves only to cast doubt on what I said. I'm not going to reply nicely to someone who has to offer their worthless input on something that they don't know about. If you want to ask a question, actually phrase it as a question rather than you matter-of-factly offering tips that don't actually help in this case at all.

Good job getting all offended because you're an average American "gotta-have-an-opinion-on-everything" type.
    • Up x 1
  10. Niric

Oh man, he just played the "You're an American" card. This couldn't get any more awesome.

Hahaha - Alright, I'm going to stop fanning his flames now before it gets anymore out of hand. You just go ahead and think whatever you want there, Gunshooter. (Great comedic name, I failed to take note of till now.) I'm not entirely sure you're not here just saying things to make me laugh at this point and its taking us too far off topic.

-

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify the answer of my C-4 critical question. I've been putting of investing into C-4 myself, but knowing how to use it right on Sunderers before hand I don't know if I could resist not certing it right away at this point.

Edit: Looks like I overlooked the comment about the C-4 Needing to be placed at the back. I guess its location doesn't need to be real specific then. Does doing this and blowing the C-4 actually give you the feed back of the red critical rings so you know you've placed them correctly?

-Niric
  11. Sharmanti

I've learned that C4 is basicly useless.

Why?

100 Infantry resources. Each.

200 infantry resources spent to kill a tank. 200xp. Not to mention the insane personal risk with planting 2 c4 (taking around 3-4 seconds to plant them both) and then getting away with it brings.

I deserve a 1000xp whenever I outsmart a tank, run up melee to it and succesfully plant 2 c4 on it that took me 10 minutes to get.

With the same amount of resources spent into grenades, you can achieve much more.

Therefore, C4 is ****. It's too costly, and unless they decide to buff the sorry excuse of xp you get from killing a tank/turret/aircraft/max with c4. Well then there's not a ******* reason to even bother killing veichles with them
  12. Niric

I agree that fighting against the odds like that should net more XP. An infantry kill on a vehicle should give you more for your efforts and risk. I think this could encourage the 'natural enemies' of classes and vehicles to attack what they're best suited for based on the natural balance of the game. Such as Liberators attacking Tanks and ESF attacking Liberators.

Even though you do get vehicle kill XP, right now all it feels like its easier and safer just to farm infantry instead with many of the vehicles. As an example, I see ESF pilots streaming online and talking about how farming the Sunderers for infantry kills is far more lucrative than actually just taking the Sunderer out.

-Niric
  13. Ghoest

Killing MBTs with C4 is extreme fun. Why earn resources if you wont spend them to have fun.

And Yes you pretty much have to get 2 C4. Having one is occasionally fun. But having 2 lets you kill most sunderers and all MBTs. That makes a big difference in a battle.
  14. Sharmanti

It's fun, but it doesn't earn you much points + it's a big risk + it's expensive on your infantry points. Which means you'll run out of both C4 and grenades pretty quickly
  15. Athaleon

I'm pretty sure the grenade launcher (or anything the LA has other than C4) can't hurt a Sunderer. It's probably intentional, since it would be a little ridiculous if one infantryman COULD solo kill one of them. Or spawn a Lightning, kamikaze into the sunderer, hop out and C4 it.
  16. Ghoest

1 Its not only great fun it can swing a battle.

2 I wish it was more points but ussually you get points for the vehicle and for each crew members - its not terrible.

3 Risk - I guess if youre a k/d panty waste you might not like the risk. Done right its not particularly more dangerous than a room entry.
  17. Sharmanti

Really.. Blowing up one of the 30 tanks they brought will surely swing the battle. If you're looking to blow tanks, go heavy. Not to mention the 10-15 minutes you have to sneak up to them if you don't wanna get detected

Usually you kill 1 guy. There has been occasions when I've gotten 2 guys, but the other guy is a gunner so he'll probably kill you first.

Well, as fun as it is killing ****. Dying 30 times to achieve a tank kill is not exactly fun. I usually don't die while doing it, because, when I engage a tank it's usually alone or very close to my cover. Still, compared to the cost/risk a heavy takes doing the same work 50 meters away.. well... he's doing the easy job

In conclusion, more points + less cost of c4 makes it worth it. As it is now, worthless. Better off finding a position with 3-4 soldiers, throwing down a c4 and just blow the to hell
  18. FreakinTank

After playing around more with the C4 and reading some of the posts i have come to a conclusion agreeing that they resource cost should be cut or the damage buffed a bit on the C4 and until they do something about it 2nd C4 will be at the bottom of my list since 1 is enough for killing lightnings (unless i just keep engaging already hurt ones), max suits, and fun to bait infantry into, aswell as good fun when i successfully sneak into a group of enemies and blow them all sky high. only other practical reason i see using 2 C4 is against base turrets cuz 1 C4 and 2 grenade launches still isn't enough to kill them and they r extremely easy to sneak up on.
  19. Ghoest

Youre doing it wrong. Really wrong.

For starters you dont try to blow up a tank in a column that has had the sense to isolated itself with distance.

You blow up tanks the come in close around buildings or rocks as the situation arises. especially when they are attacking another target. The situation arises a lot. It usually only takes a couple of minutes if that to flank a vulnerable one and if you should easily be succeeding 1 in 3 times.
  20. Caracal

Things to do with one c4:

1) place one c4 on a turret, it wont blow it up. But, more often than not, the engineer inside will come out to repair. Now you shoot him in the back. Fly up, and i guarantee you that another engineer is on its way to repair. Just the sight of a smoking turret seems to give engineers a hard on. It makes a damn nice dummy magnet.

2) kill a max, poke your head out, take a single shot and duck back behind the corner. A guarantee you that the max will pursue. to bad he didnt know you planted c4 behind the corner and were flying to the roof top. Honestly, we own max's so hard that i need to actively think of new, inventive methods of killing them.

3) put it on a jump pad ;)

4) when camping on top of a spawn point, simply drop one at the entrance. They will blow someone up that is standing just inside the shields!

5) mine the influence points!

6) mine the vechicle spawn terminal. Youll get a kill and a terminal bonus exp.

oh man, i love c4!
    • Up x 4