Game not loading after patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eupryion, Dec 10, 2012.

1. OneCrazyAstronaut

Seems to working now... Ninja patch?
  2. phungus420

I think a quick fix just came out. I started it up and it installed a new updated and worked.
  3. Sozan

Was doing this to me a few minutes ago, did a rescan on files, which didnt do anything. Tried logging in a few more times and instead of just letting it crash I pressed 'K' and the screen fixed and showed pretty much everything for squad and a couple null buttons but then crashed... tried again and it actually let me log in.
  4. Captain Derples

Hey guys, guess what! I have the same problem. I initially tried to log in, but it wouldn't load the patch, so I restarted the client and it DLed right away. It let me into the game initially, but I decided to restart because there seemed to be a slight frame rate issue. When I came back it loaded up a black screan with flickering red arrows that evolved into a partial HUD. Optimistically, because this is not a Blizzard title, we should be back in the game soon.

- ZOTAC Nvidia 570 AMP! 1280mb
    -8 Gigs Corsair Ram
    -Intel Core I5-3570K 3.4gig
    -Win 7 Home 64bit
  5. SemperFi

THANK YOU GUYS AT PS2 ;D
  6. OldCuban

I am having this exact same issue.

A dev response would be appreciated.
  7. Atlants

Got the same problems of you, guys... :/
  8. Vendrette

Fixed! Huzzah!
  9. Ic3Ninja

Same issue. I launch the launch pad and hit play, then the game starts to load and gets to a black screen with the game's mouse overlay on the screen (moveable like normal), then there is a short one second flicker of the screen and about two seconds later the game goes to showing the windows mouse flickering in the center of the screen and I can't move it away from the center unless I hit escape a couple times in a row. Some times I can get the menu background screen (the menu I normally would get if I had already launched a soldier and was in the battlefield, but I'm not even getting to where I can choose a soldier to join in with) to come up, but other times it won't. Hitting escape rapidly several times in a row finally gets the game to crash and pull up the windows crash thing asking if I want to close the program. Below is a copy and paste of the more info I got from the last time I tried this and crashed it (on purpose to get the crash popup to come back this time):

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50c39fef
    Fault Module Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 50c39fef
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 015710f0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

This is my rig, but it seems like it's wide spread enough the computer specs don't matter much:
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    8GB Ram
    Core 2 Quad Q9550

Edit: I already tried using the launch pad's validation of the files and it said everything was ok and the issue continued.
  10. Infectedmeat

mine works now also. i rebooted and made sure i started with admin rights
  11. Ic3Ninja

Ok, it's letting me get in now and I didn't do anything since I forced the crash to make the last post and now....
  12. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

It seems that this issue *should* (key word) have been a temporary hiccup, if anyone is getting this issue I recommend trying to run the client as the administrator. Please submit a support ticket and PM me the incident # if this issue is persistent for you; instructions to do so can be found in my signature.
  13. Twist

Could anyone that experienced this problem much earlier in the day (not just in the last hour or so) please respond if it is now working for them. They may be unrelated, just want to make sure.
  14. CarlZalph

Two friends of mine reported to me that they are now able to launch and play once more; cheers!
  15. Muggum

Same here....

Edit:
    7:32PM - Just was able to log in.
  16. bluEyedillusions

I tried to run the launcher and instead of the tiny patch you guys are talking about, it decided to redownload my entire game.

Why, gods? I didn't do ANYTHING to warrant a complete reinstall.
  17. Broderik

Exactly, while we're all locked out, the Vanu are taking over the planet. Darn Cyber Warfare
  18. Broderik

Yup. just tried to re-run, tiny little patch and its working fine now. YAY!!
  19. questarey

still not working for me.. keeps crashing before game loads
  20. VirtualRaptor

Still doesn't work here either, still crashes after clicking "play".

Also, fix the forum log-in please. It's even worse than on .EU .