I must say, a MAX with a dedicated engi attached...

Discussion in 'MAX' started by RavenGenesis, Dec 8, 2012.

1. RavenGenesis

is like an extended orgasm...

you got heals AND ammo so you can keep going on and on..

to the engi that I met, who apparently lived as long as I kept on shooting... I want to shake your hand and shout you lunch...

and we though ubercharging a heavy was scary in TF2....
    • Up x 2
  2. Zaik

It is really rather crazy. For both.

If you're in need of certs, swapping engineer and healing a squadmate MAX who is under constant fire is probably the fastest exp in the game atm, short of farming spawn doors filled with idiots in a liberator AI gun. I find that taking constant damage once you have an engineer healing you is the best way to bait them into staying and turning you into a real monster. Just wish there was some way I could provide cover from grenades for them.
  3. Maskrow

Engineer and MAX are a romance forged in steel and blood, indeed.
    • Up x 3
  4. desktop

if i see the grenade coming i leg it behind cover the engineer follows most of the time. also i use flack armor when im repairing. maxs attract all kinds of explosives.
  5. Naj

Doctor Engineer is kredit to team.
  6. Falanin

As that type of Engineer, I love you too. With my fps, I can't aim for ****, so you guys are one of the best ways I can contribute.

Just please, by all that is holy, once you start yelling for repair, please find a quiet spot and STOP. I can't keep the repair gun on target if you're sprinting around like a bloody madman, or jumping about and clipping through me.
    • Up x 1
  7. zomaya

Did this the other day and went 30-1 (anti-vehicle) - certs galore!
  8. Eric Smith

Had some fun at a BioLab landing pad doorway today. Got an Engy repairing me and I literally stood in place wide out in the open and went 20-0 before I had to find some ammo (he didn't drop any?!?!?!?). Never took my finger off the trigger. Was fun, especially since I also got at least 20 more assists and tons of XP. Finally died when we pushed out, I went and put on dual burster, got a couple dumb-*** kills (one ESF hovered trying to hit me, the other got away behind a mountain and with half health turned around back at me and tried another strafing run); the Liberators were a little too much though.
  9. Hoki

I'm betting that a level 6 repair tool +25% kenetic armor buff would be pretty awesome.

I just think all maxes should have all weapons available to unlock. NC hacksaw MAX defending indoor area has a massive tactical advantage over the best anti-inf a TR MAX has, which would be dual mercy chainguns.

Also one of the smartest moves I've seen were hacksaw max defending the walls with the jump-pad. If you land in front dual hacksaws, or dual hacksaws land in front of you, goodnight.
    • Up x 1
  10. Yojinj

As MAX and Engineer player i agree.
    And i whince when i meet that combo on the battlefield on the wrong side of battle.
  11. Zaik

I usually don't bother if there's already an engineer repairing me, because:

A decent repair gun will fix up the damage from a grenade on a MAX rather quickly. Would love to have Flak Armor to reduce it further, but I don't quite have the certs to blow on it to get it to a decent level yet.
  12. SavageSage

Quite funny actually. I was playing with a squadmate engy yesterday, we were in one of the outliers at a tech plant on Amerish and we ran into a hostle max/engy team in a stairwell. After the first couple of salvos me and the other max realized we weren't making any headway, so we stopped shooting each other and started trying to kill each others engineer. The fight lasted a good 2 minutes and my side lost but it was tons of fun.

I most often play as an engie, and whenever I find a max who's even halfway decent at his job I stick to him like purple on an egg plant. He stays alive, I get certs, lots and lots of hostiles die. Good fun all round.
    • Up x 3
  13. Riftmaster

Very often when I start repairing/resupplying a MAX, it'll either get focused so I cannot repair fast enough, or they'll focus me and take me out.
  14. RavenGenesis

see this engi i met, she freaking survives everything.. she apparently knows when and where to hide, and i tend to keep people off us so they can't focus at her.. working out so far a week now

i'm just sad that i can't block a nade blast for her, apparently it'll AoE everyone regardless of who's covering over it
  15. SixVoltSamurai

Just wait for the flak armor upgrade, nades won't do jack!
  16. RavenGenesis

wait, what flak armor upgrade? you mean the cert or is there a buff coming?
  17. Eric Smith

There's a buff coming. Maximum flak armor protection is going from 25% to 50%, which will significantly improve Engineer survivability. Just hide behind the Max so the bullets can't get you and keep your distance from the grenades and you shouldn't die much at all. Meantime, as a Max player, I love a good Engy who keeps me supplied and repaired.
  18. Vortok

And the repair gun doesn't stick to targets even half as well as the Medic's applicator. A fly buzzing past you will break the repair beam. So when that gets improved... and hey, it's even more motivation to upgrade the final rank of the repair gun. It may not be as flashy as the Medic's final rank, but faster repairing in middle of combat can and will make a difference.
  19. RavenGenesis

their tears are so sweet... i can't even believe why they keep feeding me...

and best one today was when a LA tried to nade me, bounced off my head and blew himself up... not sure how that happened...

<3 my pocket engi...

guys, use proxi chat, maybe you'll come across a female engi like i have :D
  20. PopeUrban

As an NC engineer who frequently spreads the love to maxes in biolabs. Yes. The result is terrifying if both parties know what they're doing.

If you're a max, disengage at about a quarter HP, or any time you take a massive amount of damage in one big hit. Chances are in these situations your engineer's tool is overheating due to all the sweet love he's been giving you. Just take a quick step back around the corner and aim your guns at said corner to faceplant anyone that decides to take advantage. If you're an itinerant MAX that's actively looking for an engineer, do us a favor and find a covered position and STAND STILL. If we're already working on another MAX cover us and wait your turn. We know you want to get back to delivering mechanically augmented death as soon as possible, but being a low health MAX firing weapons makes you a liability to our repair position in that you're a giant explosion magnet. In addition, trying to "steal" repairs from the MAX we're working on benefits nobody. You interrupt the beam, stop repair on our current target, and by virtue of your dancing around trying to get in the way make it impossible to reliably repair either you or our original target. Wait your turn and you're going to get repped, promise, we love repping maxes.

If you're an engineer, pay freakin' attention, don't over-repair and bring some prox/at mines to cover your flank as the situation dictates. You don't have the luxury of having out your carbine or shotgun when loving your MAX, and you probably don't have much timee to scan the area because of all that staring at your handiwork. That staircase behind you, corner of the building, or door across the room? Put a mine in there as that's where the enemy infiltrators, armor, or LAs are going to be once they figure out you're what's the difference between an invincible MAX, and taking that position. Also, if an Engineer, don't be a flippin' hero. You see a grenade indicator, ANY grenade indicator, run away immediately. Your MAX can probably take the blast, and you can repair that damage. YOU, on the other hand most certainly can not. Also, Don't forgot to get that ammo pack as close to your MAX's position as possible, and refresh it any time there's a lull in the fighting.

If you're any other class and you see an engi and MAX making sweet music at a position, stand freakin' clear! The MAX is a very large grenade magnet, blocks the entire door/hallway/usable building edge and will probably result in you getting killed or piling on a lot of friendly fire if you attempt to "help" him with his position. At worst, you're actively getting between the engie and MAX and preventing repairs, possibly getting them both, and you killed in the process. In stead, find a supporting position to cover... like the stairs, doorways, rocks, or nearby hills flanking that position.
    • Up x 1