Put an end to Biolab farming

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Thades, Dec 8, 2012.

1. smokemaker

"It's nice that you put some thought into it,"

Thank you

"but you're just plain wrong."

Were are discussing opinions, no such thing as a wrong opinion.

"The door is not the source. The source is the outpost on the ground that allows them to teleport up to the base, which can be taken with one person."

Then send 1 to capture the outpost, while maintaining security at the door. Very sound defensive tactic.

"Perhaps you're a zergling"

No i human

"that doesnt understand that killing someone who will come back in 10 seconds is not effective defense, it's farming."

No you don't understand, That's a good reward for a defender. Defending is less XP over all compared with attacking. So if you get some foolish attackers who ALLOWS you to "farm" them.... Then bonus.

No such thing as farming from a defenders standpoint.
    But there is such a thing as foolish attackers.
  2. Thades

Flew straight over your head. The part that isn't happening is the pushing out, which is what this whole thread is about.
  3. Aggh

If people are pushing in from the landing pads it's a bit harder to camp outside the teleporter rooms. The biolabs are clearly designed to be taken with a coordinated attack, it just never works out that way since people are ******* by nature and would prefer to just camp door ways and not play any objectives. If you make it easier to get out of the teleporter rooms you're just going to make it harder to defend the biolabs and they'll just flip every couple of minutes.
  4. Thades

There is such thing as a wrong opinion. A good example is that claiming the door is the source of infantry, then claiming that to be an opinion. That's just wrong, perhaps you don't know what "source" means as English clearly isn't your first language (no offense). I have to say I disagree with you entirely as you are just advocating exactly what is wrong here; hordes of people sitting in front of the doors for easy kills. It's great that you seem to enjoy it and find it fun, but for competitive players it's a really trashy system.
  5. Pashgan

Techplants defenses and biolab fights (on any side) are the only interesting infantry fights in the game - because vehicles excluded completely and the fights itself last more than 5 minutes.

Thanks for them, SOE devs!
  6. Eugenitor

There's some sad-monkey crap going on at biolabs.

See, it *is* possible to push out from the teleporters- you just need to mass up, throw grenades properly, and start shooting back. A solid MAX Crash would also do it. But that doesn't happen. Instead, you get a dozen or two dedicated campers on the other team, some people who are happy to sit inside the shields all day shooting noobs who poke their heads out, and a bunch of loser medics who want their own team to die so they can get the res exp, hopefully next to the shield so they can sit there ressing the same guy over and over again. It's mutual farming.

It's the same kind of perverse incentive as a tank zerg stopping at an amp that's effectively already taken, just so they can join in on the 1000 exp.
  7. Yerk

Biolabs are fine.

There is the landing pad.
    There is the teleporter room.
    There are drop pods.
    There are air support.
    There are air drops.

This is proof that Vanu has nothing to complain about their faction. Everything is balanced except the Biolab (whut?) :p
  8. Vastly

Believe it or not, PS1 took the concept and turned it into the whole game. To attack anything, you had to push through a chokepoint (with doors that actually opened and closed). To defend, you sat on the other side of the door and spammed anything that came through. PS2 is actually a significant improvement in this respect and the devs have resisted significant amounts of whining to bring it all back.
  9. Mbui

In long range sniper mode, I love seeing 20 enemy dancing on the launch pads. It's like a carnival duck shoot.
  10. Thades

Drop pods = Landing pad
    Air support = Landing pad
    Air drops = Landing pad

There is landing pad and there is teleporter room, that is it. Furthermore, this wasn't a thread about balance, leave it to whiny NC to show up in some random attempt to hijack a thread and ***** about something. Nobody ever said anything remotely like that. Go find some other thread to cry in.
  11. Eugenitor

Again, I want to make a point clear:

Biolabs themselves are fine. Two large and four small entrances are a lot more than Tech Plants get. A concerted effort with Liberators and Galaxy drops would blast right through the camping and get a good internal fight going.

The problem is that people aren't doing this. They're just getting cheap certs. There's also a whole lot of noobs who simply cannot figure out how to get in the biolab, and they're not helped at all by losers parking a Sunderer directly under the biolab so that it shows up as the first spawn option. (If there's ever a good reason for TKing a Sunderer, this is it)
  12. Jack the Smack

People literally in this topic complaining that the game has large battles.

Literally.
    • Up x 1
  13. Thades

Reading really isn't your strong suit is it?
  14. SGTTEMPEST

I'm not a fan of the whole spawn camping that takes place but understand it is a necessary evil. People need to understand when the base is lost/need to take another route.... like the landing pads. It just takes coordination to do. If the zerg and being part of it grinds your gears, join an organized outfit that approaches situations with strategy.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein (supposedly)
  15. Jack the Smack

"waaaah people are killing each other en-masse at biolabs"

What did I get wrong?
  16. Jack the Smack

Good thing you said he was a german physicist who lived in the early 20th century, and linked to his profile. Would have never guessed who Albert Einstein was.
  17. Thades

Look, you're obviously a troll, and not a very good one at that. Finish implying that I'm crying and I'm mad and whatever else you want to say then just **** off with the rest of your kind.
  18. Arkanor

Why? What you're suggesting is actually a *less* effective defense.

There are no capture points outside of the lab, thus there is no real need to defend outside of the lab if you can maintain more coherency inside the lab. The attackers are being stupid if they're just running in and dying, and the loss of otherwise useful forces from the enemy team helps yours secure more of the map.

The problem with the game is not the biolab. The problem is that individualistic actions such as kills are rewarded more than the capture and holding of territory. Also, other than points there's really no reason at all to hold territory, so people are going to try to get certs instead, since that's the only metric of progress.
  19. Fleabag

MAX crash (that would be a sensible one with a 4/2/1 MAX/Engy/Medic split) out of the teleporter nearest the SCU gen. Sit tight at the gen while it blows, move on the SCU. End of Bio Lab?

I know this calls for some of that elusive and ephemeral thing we call organisation but still.....

...it's not wocket science, or is that wocket spham. Always get those two confused. :p
  20. forkyar

to add on to that,@op nothing will be done about this just move along.