AT MINES got nerfed???

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by snu, Dec 6, 2012.

1. SirBurning

It's fine, they are still REALLy effective at taking out armor. You just can't use them like C4 anymore, big deal.

The only thing that needs quick change is the fact that it auto switches to you primary after deploying one.
    • Up x 1
  2. o.Solei.o

Kinda sad that I can't do AT mine "bombing runs" on enemy sundies anymore, but it does give C4 for engineers some meaning and purpose again.

Surprised that the current distance requirement is to far. I guess everything seems like a huge upgrade compared to PS1. ;)

Any word on when the bug with deployables autoswitching your weapon after deployment is slated to get fixed? It's fairly counterintuitive compared to other games that require a manual switch, and if you do manually switch, it switches you back to your primary again. (This simple "feature" has gotten me killed soooo many times.)
  3. Compass

Why do people say you can't do AT mine bombing runs? You can. I did. They even said that the mine radius requirement was too large and were going to undo it =_=
  4. Joehunk

What causes you to say it was unannounced? See the 12/6 update notes post in official announcements.

I do wonder if the switching back to the primary weapon when you still have mines left is a bug though. I am betting it is because the only other 2 items that follow that deployment mechanic are the ammo pack and turret, and you can't put down multiples of either of those. I already filed it.
  5. Chrysalis

The funny thing is... it isn't. 1m is small enough that you can double mine a sundy. Or lay a fairly dense field. (not that you would want to)
  6. Compass

Yes, but the longer you stand by an enemy sundy, the more time they have to realize that the giraffe is not actually resupplying from it ;_;
  7. Zap-Robo

Ahem...

Source: https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/276891827972489216

... so, back to throwing my Mineguard on my S-AMS :)
  8. Chrysalis

*shrug*

They're not supposed to be the cheaper alternative to C4, so I dunno what to tell you. You can still make the Sundy vanish but now they have to be even more inattentive.
  9. Rahabib

I doubt they will lower the power of them, just make it so you cant throw two on a non-moving tank and treat them like C4. That is if they do it right anyway. The way it works right now I doubt is the way they are trying to fix it. it was probably set up with different ways to test and accidentally got put in.
  10. RoninTR

No offence but you are not entirely right. While most mines were designed to put on the ground it's far from their only use. During WW2 (Which is the most relevant point of reference to tank warfare), the art of placing mines onto enemy vehicles was highly effective and used by pretty much every nation. some mines were designed for this use, others was not but due to improvisation filled the role as "direct Anti tank".
    So to say that "mines are NOT offensive weapons" is not entirely true.
    //Ronin
  11. snu

we talkin bout sundies, not tanks. likewise, if a deployed sundy is ungaurded, it DESERVES to be blown up.

Also, 330 certs for max-rank minegaurd is NOT a daunting and unachievable goal. maybe getting it would help...
  12. Copain

You can only deploy as many as you're certed to in the Tank mine tree. You can HOLD 5, but you can only deploy three. They start to vanish if you throw out your others.

I've not heard that the Engineer were the only ones who can carry more than two, but even if that's true it's as simple as dieing and going back real fast as a LA and blowing up your previous C4 or just moving as a group.
  13. WaRadius

Your theories are amusing, I still use AT mines to blow up sunderers. It just takes a second longer because of deployable weapon switch bug which would most likely be fixed. Waiting for a real nerf of Magic Triangles of Death after you whine a bit more.
  14. FrothyMug

I have the first two ranks of the utility pouch and I can carry and deploy 4 mines at once. Your intel is bad intel. :)
  15. Udnknome

Well, since the usage went down, the number should go up. How the hell am I supposed to place 2 mines in a 64km2 area and deter anything. 1 mine won't even kill a flash.
  16. GTGD

You're right, I didn't even see the utility pouch. It is still kind of ridiculous that you would need to place 4 or 5 to kill ONE vehicle though. That's 300 or 375 resources to MAYBE kill one vehicle, which could be a lightning or a flash. Who in their right mind would choose anything other than mine guard? Oh boy, 5% or 10% more armor! I might survive ONE more HE round!
  17. SemperFi

is the mine still worth using after the nerf or should i go to a different utility?
  18. Prudentia

after blowing up 5 sunderers today i have to admit that they didn't killed the mine with the nerf gun, you just die more often from the explosion cause you have to stay longer.
  19. Recca

Still has to stupid switching bug.
  20. ajappat

Don't any of you experience bug that your character refuses to lay the mine down, even if the shadowmine shows green. I get this **** all the time and it really makes me unable to put mines quickly, as I might have to click 4 times before mine actually appears and I have to wait the animation between all clicks.

Mines are totally broken atm.