OMG the new TR sniper rifle is awesome

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CrunchyInMilk, Dec 7, 2012.

1. CrunchyInMilk

Thread name says it all. I saw a lukewarm reception for these new rifles this morning so I had my doubts about buying it. Well after playing with it all day I am so glad I got it.

Maybe you were leet with the old bolt action and could always get headshots from whatever range, I could not. I always liked my NC sniper more because of the L80, even though I play TR mostly. Well, now I can always play TR because I can headshot people with this new rifle from soooooooooooo far away. After I got a little settling in time with the thing it was just ridiculous the ranges I could HS with it.

So to conclude. It has practically no bullet drop, with a very fast moving bullet. Worth every penny because TR didn't have access to anything like this.
  2. xXGenesisXx

Pretty happy with my Parallax as well .
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

I don't think anyone is really upset with the new rifles...just distraught that we have new rifles, rather than something we really needed. Were these to have come out after other things were addressed, I'm sure there would have been much more enthusiasm towards them. As it stands, however, they buffed the field in which didn't really need buffed over the other aspects of the Infiltrator...unless the next patch changes our names to "sniper". :p
    • Up x 1
  4. Vilmond

The only people who don't like the new rifles are the NC since the differences between the LA80 and the Longshot or whatever its called are minimal (slight more damage vs slower reloads on the new gun, its better but not by much).
    • Up x 1
  5. Kyutaru

Wonder how this will affect balance... Previously the NC had the best bolt action rifles, the VS had the best scout rifles, and the TR were kind of in the middle. Now all three factions have the exact same Kill-Em-All bolt action rifle.

NC got hosed.
  6. KingCrimson

Everything in this post is untrue. Infiltrator weapons are exactly the same across all 3 factions.
  7. KingCrimson

Oh except the VS semi-autos and scout rifles don't have bullet drop, but their damage degrades more at distance.
  8. Kyutaru

Wow, did you even check the weapon stats before posting?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AuOojvNLMApVdEtIU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&gid=12

The LA80 has a 650 bullet velocity. The TR and VS equivalents have 600. Hence, NC has the best bolt rifles.
    As you said in your SECOND post, the VS scout rifle has no bullet drop. Hence, VS has the best scout rifles.
    And although the TR's semi-auto KSR-35 and 99SV both have bullet drop, they have a 550 bullet velocity... while the Spectre and Phantom only have 500... as does the NC Impetus. Only the NC Gauss SPR has the same bullet velocity among semi-autos.

Oh, and before you go saying the VS stuff has worse damage falloff, you might want to check the ranges indicated next to the damage.
  9. Vepo

HAHAHA it's like it's christmas already for the OP :D

I'm a pro with my SR-7 and once I get more time ingame (starting tonight) as I've only used the RAM .50M for like 10 minutes, I will be even more deadly *flex*

Now make it so you can headshot people out of aircraft and that would make for some beautiful footage :)
  10. Kanzy

I personally couldn't see a reason to drop my SR-7 and get the new rifle it's not much of an upgrade IMO
  11. Kyutaru

It's only 7% more damage for 13% less RPM. You like chaining shots together right?

In a sniper duel, who knows, you might come out ahead because of that.
  12. Dubious

7% more dmg and faster projectile = less drop

I havent tried it myself yet though
    Not been sniping much, except with the TR fast reload rifle with 4x scope and silencer..
    Its amazing how fast one can headshot with that rifle and with the silencer you will have no ammo at the end
  13. Benevon

I am enjoying my RAM .50. I originally bought the M77-B not really knowing what I was doing (was just a cheaper bolt), so now I need some practice in NOT shooting over their heads with the new rifle lol. Huge difference in velocity and bullet drop between those two.
  14. Tnsr

I can't really understand why they brought new bolt actions. Infiltrators have other problems and bolt actions were the ONLY thing that weren't a problem. I'd rather like to see better semi action sniper rifles and more sidearm options.
    Luckily I bought the LA80 and don't see any need in spending another 1000 Certs for a bolt action. But if I were TR or VS I would cry out loud SOE brings out better bolt action shortly after spending 1000 Certs for the formerly best bolt actions. 2000 Certs for your sniping fun.
  15. Kyutaru

People who have played Magic the Gathering or any other CCG understand exactly what's going on here. Why fix existing weapons when you can sell people the latest upgrade? You even get to hide behind the idea that they are technically different sniper rifles and it's a matter of preference.