We just got new Infiltrator Weapons!

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Benton!, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hoki

Infiltrator must be the most profitable class of all. You have to purchase a close quarters rifle, a decent bolt action, and a better pistol sidearm is more likely to be bought by infils as well.

Add on top of that, that they'll just keep releasing new bolt actions every month with faster bullet velocities.. *DERP*

Suckers like me will just keep buying them. I bought the semi-auto scout (not happy with it, too much recoil), the soas-20 (very happy with it), the SR-7 (very happy with it, except they replaced it already), and I accidentally bought a faster-reload bolt action that has no long-range scopes for it, but has plenty of the bullet sway (would totally get a refund for that if I could).

The last one I mentioned I don't even know why they made it. Hopefully it gets less bullet sway later on, that might make it useful at medium range. I might try using it with a silencer for medium range sniping, though that is really the scout rifle domain.

The semi-auto scout rifle is very disappointing. Only a super-compensator could overcome such horrible recoil. The medic gun is really a better long range rifle than it. Don't buy it. And I doubt they'll balance it rather than just sell a corrected version.

I feel swindled by they adding the new .50. I bought the SR-7 specifically for it being the fastest bullet velocity and they they go and just flat out upgrade it and I have no faith that they won't do it again.
  2. Solaria

i literally bought the LA80 yesterday. Is there any practical reason I should be thinking of grinding to get the Longshot? From everything I've read so far it just has more velocity on the bullets.
  3. iller

If they basically cancel out the bullet Drop from Silencer attach. ...then they're definitely pay to win.

Someone please Test to find out.
  4. Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh

I'm not.
  5. Drakoni

I have both V10 and Parralax and I'm familiar with the stats of the old weapons....So here's my logic on this! I've tested both VS versions and here's my conclusion.

Old Bolt Action Snipers
    • VS V10 = 600 velocity.
    • NC LA80 = 650 Velocity.
    • TR SR-7 = 600 Velocity.
    (All damage equal between all 3 snipers) We know these numbers from the official release of weapon stats by planetside 2!

Okey so as you can see NC get 50 more velocity,..... this makes for easier shots on moving targets and less drop as a result of quicker travel and thus less drop due to air resistance on the bullet.

Since the new bolt action snipers all claim higher velocity and a slight damage incresae I would guess they would need to be roughly 700~ velocity in order to remain an upgrade for all 3 factions.... including the NC!

My Guess on New Bolt Action Sniper Stats
    • VS Parallax = 700~ (Or higher) velocity. (1+ Damage bar, slower reload)
    • NC Longshot = 700~ (Or higher) Velocity.
      (1+ Damage bar, slower reload)
    • TR RAMS 0.50M = 700~ (Or higher) Velocity. (1+ Damage bar, slower reload)
    Summery
    TR and VS
    So in my opinion if your looking for an upgrade from the V10 or SR-7 then the TR and VS would definately get the most of this upgrade and I would certainly recommend the new versions. I would expect you would stand to gain at least 100Velocity and a slight 1 Bar Damage Increase.

NC
    For the NC this is also an upgrade but I would guess it would feel far less of an upgrade. You could stand to gain roughly 50 Velocity and 1 Bar of Damage Increase

If your a long rang sniper these new versiosn would likely all be significant upgrades and would all have less drop at those long distance shots!

My guess is there would be no damage loss using a supressor but still a considerable velocity decrease using a supressor
    • Up x 1
  6. ghnurbles

The semi-auto scout rifles are for close-to-medium range work. Chuck a laser dot and silencer on it, it's good stuff.
  7. LucidSteel

Currently most of us can out-shoot the render distance. Last night I lined up on a base 638m out where a lone LA was standing around doing nothing. I lined up the shot and raised to about the 4th Mil Dot and let the V10 fly. It should have been a body shot, adjusted for a headshot and let another one go. Looked good but no kill. Let 2 more go for the head with no luck. Crept down the mountain closer and closer until that light Assault guy faded into an AV turret. He'd been in the AV the whole time...

I understand they want to make some cash, but I wish render distance and optimization was higher priority than selling minor upgrades.
  8. SGTTEMPEST

Give us new scout rifles and pistols >.< Our top tier bolt action was perfectly fine >.<
  9. lonegunman

I would really rather have the new carbine on my infiltrator than another sniper rifle.
  10. Caspartine

The result of this addition is simple - ppl who already hate us for oneshotting them will hate us even more with these waepons, cause it's gonna be too easy to land a HS on 300m. There will be more threads like "infils are fine/OP" and we can say goodbye to changes that would actually do matter and fix our class.

Considering the Infiltrator is the least played class, in the class section of the forum, that class has 2-3x more discussion topics than the other onoes. There's evidently something wrong, anyone can see it. I just don't get the new rifles. In my country there's a saying - "bringing wood into the forest". That's what they do. Giving us yet another bottle of water when we're starving.
  11. Vepo

I bought the RAM .50M as soon as I saw the update about the new sniper rifle. Some people don't like the new weapons that have been added cos they look the same or there is nothing different that can help the CQC infils out there. However I base it purely on the fact of numbers and that I will be able to kill the NC and VS n00bs easier to more points and a higher K to D ratio \o/
  12. exLupo

I dig it. :)

Not to sidetrack but what's up with the Jaguar. The TR needed a Lynxier Lynx?

Dunno. Maybe Jaguar = VX6 (1.75 base hip CoF, CQmods) | Serpent = GD7F (faster RoF, CQmods) | Razor = AMC (Fastest projectile, range mods)
  13. Paulus

oooh,, tough choice, i've got my pistol set up the way i like it (headshots with that badboy are a CQC winner), and i thought i was happy with my SR-7,,,but now? That RAM .50 sounds interesting, ok so it only has 1 more bar of damage, and a slight increase in reload speed, but less sway and faster projectile are kinda useful (although they present no way of comparing this Vs another weapon before buying) so now i'm not so sure :S
  14. Vepo

Paulus, the only plus side I've seen so far with using the RAM .50M is that we can now do easier headshots on moving targets and the bullet will travel faster, meaning we don't have to wait for the stand to still for more than a few seconds.
  15. Paulus

:D Thanks Vepo, sounds like a good purchase then, i'll miss the old SR-7, but that might help with the annoying times when i've lined up a shot, only to have the target crouch or move slightly as the trigger is pulled..
  16. Vepo

Yeap I used it a bit last night, but there wasn't as many people on last night (then again I didn't get a good amount of sleep and started playing around 4am this morning).

But from what I've experienced it's a nice rifle. I didn't really notice a big difference in the reload timer, but I guess some people will. Good thing the scopes are cheap xD
  17. ArielFox

Honestly, and this all from beta, I have longed for a PDW for my inf.

;_;
  18. BigMcLargeHuge

Have a bit more faith in the development team then that. Judging by their attempts in beta to give us close range options (which was recent, shotguns and permastealth/handgun). They are still trying to work out how to put in gameplay that's more to the infl and less to the sniper. And I'm pretty sure they can tell the difference between argh snipers and argh infiltrators. Part of their job is being able to interpret feedback even if it's being vomited at them.
  19. Caspartine

Well it's not that I don't believe in this team. I really like the attitude of both Matt Higby and John Smedley, as they are the faces we recognize (sure there are countless others working hard on this game). Through the last years I've read many posts by different representatives (Blizzard, Nexon, Frogster, and others), and the general feeling was they pi$$ed on your heads without even trying to pretend it was rain. The game is still young (I personally could wait few months for a more polished and balanced release) and there's surely more to come.
    It's just there are things obviously borked right now that acoording to majority of community need to be looked into, but the updates bring stuff we don't really need (even if we appreciate it). Revamping things (like how the cloak works for example) after realease will be difficult. Take the lock-on rocket launchers change as an example of the rage it can cause. Once the game is out and ppl sink money in it, you can play with numbers and balance all you want, but you can't easily change the basic mechanics. But I'm in my thirties, I am a patient guy who just likes to dicsuss things and share my thoughts. It's not like I am angry or something:)
  20. BigMcLargeHuge

Well.. about the urinating part. You're correct partly. You basically have marketing guys+investors, that are trying to maximize money. And they're influencing development. Sometimes you got people trying to keep a balance and sometimes you got people that go overboard like Diablo's AH is the example where that took over and was like hey lets ignore core issues, make more money. But most of the time it's thought out better and manipulation is done subtle enough that you maintain the status quo. Like releasing new content a little stronger then it should to make sure there isn't an adverse reaction because of learning curve (think Riot).

And you know if you've been around long enough or close enough to development you get the vibe. A lot of times developers can fall from grace. Either they have an ego or they think the vast majority of player's don't appreciate their work. Which is often true it's shocking how large casual populations are when you look at the metrics and how little they often know how to play. And even high tier populations miss things as well or just one big cheese screws with popular opinion on something that the developer thinks they did a good job implementing, which again they could very well have done a great job implementing. And other times they think they know their games better then the players that have the time to play it much more then they do. It's hard to figure out how balance truly stands.

So I feel you man. Greed screwing up good games, developers losing their heads and not taking the time to interpret feedback does just as much. It happens all the time now and it's something that's hard to accept. Something I don't think we should accept either. It's worth people getting angry on the forums when things get implemented that are just blatant or disruptive. It takes a lot of will to stomach it and force yourself to stay constructive. But you're probably always going to get better results even if you don't like the dev team either cause of bias from dealing with other teams or their own failures.
    • Up x 1