NC Longshot: Quick Review

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by 80Bit, Dec 6, 2012.

1. 80Bit

Just took the new NC sniper rifle "Longshot" out for a spin. I think I am in love. It is just what it states, faster bullet, slightly more damage, slightly slower recock/reload.

It can really reach out there. I was missing shots at long range because I was shooting over peoples heads thinking their would be more bullet drop. It is almost point and shoot out to max range. Got some of the longest head-shots I've ever had, and it will 2 shot body from max range. The fast bullets make it easier to hit running targets as well. I got two kills in a row on wounded running targets at a pretty good range.

Verdict: I like.
  2. Incarnadine

Theres a problem with the moving target bit...

If you're shooting a moving target it should only be on a finisher, if the reload is slower than normal bolts, you won't get your follow up shot in time probably... And the bullet drop on the other bolts at long range is just fine imo... infil's needed something CQC-medium more, or a buff to the crappy scout rifles
  3. Bape

So it still a 2 shot on body hmmmm. Don't really see the point upgrading to that already got the LA80
  4. 80Bit

I agree that this is not a huge improvement over the LA80, and that a better scout rifle would have been a preferable new weapon. However that does not detract from the fact that this is a great weapon. The body shots on moving targets were two enemies damaged by a vehicle explosion. They were at a fair distance, and running horizontally to me. Normally that is a fairly hard shot to make, but with the very fast bullet speed I was able to kill one, then the other. Two shots, two kills. I felt great.
  5. RavenGenesis

it's seriously NOT worth the upgrade...
  6. Jeos DInas

I will be keeping my LA-80 for sure.
  7. 80Bit

I don't have the LA-80 yet so I will get the Longshot instead. Extra bit of damage for an almost unnoticeable change in reload is fine by me.
  8. OoZE23147

The thing about Nanoweave armor fully upgraded will prevent a One shot kill to the head with the la-80 or sr-7, with the new guns even with the fully upgraded armor it is still a one shot. That is the reason to upgrade.