New NC Carbine: Did someone make a mistake?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 80Bit, Dec 6, 2012.

1. 80Bit

New weapons are out, exciting! I read that the NC gets a new carbine, the Razor GD-23, a long range speced carbine. Odd, I thought NC already had one of those...

So I log in and compare the new Razor GD-23 to the existing AC-X11 and find, they have the exact same stats. Same magazine size, same damage, accuracy, reload, same model even!

So what gives? Did someone make a mistake here? From what I see the Razor GD-23 is exactly like an existing weapon, the only difference is, it costs more.
  2. Solvite

Reddit thread already proved the in game stats are just flat out wrong.
  3. mujina

Also it seems to only be unlock-able by certs?
  4. Koadster

Just trialed the new TR carbine... EXACTLY same performance as the default gun. Dont waste your SC/certs on these guns.. As usaul current weapons preform just the same, if not even fill niches better like S variant for underbarrel/ a CQC variant/ Medium range one.. The new carbine doesnt bring anything the others dont already have.

EDIT: the description says accurate hipfire for clearing rooms.. well the default gun has a more accurate initial hipfire but the COF opens up alot. The new gun maintains a more steady tighter COF.. the only real difference I can tell.

Also same models... AGAIN.
  5. mujina

Link to the reddit thread please I cant find it.
  6. Zaik

Those stats are consistently incorrect.

Give it a test drive before you buy, although that'll be really damn hard because you're stuck with iron sights on a long range weapon.

I guess wait for some dataminer to yank out relevant numbers and compare them to other numbers.
  7. KLECKO

Well, i just bought the GD-23 ,but in game it comeup as the AC-X11.So now i have the AC-X11 and the GD-23 ,is not listed in the store? What just happend?
  8. Hitomo

same for me ... I guess its a bug, because I get the unlocked AC-X11 displayed two times, but one of them has the new tag,
    so I think this is where the new razor should show up instead ...

images of the new gun, maybe anyone?
  9. Hitomo

and the longshot is actually displayed as Hitman for me !?
  10. 80Bit

Looks like someone did a copy/paste and forgot to update some things, haha.
  11. Trenyt

AC-X11 is unlocked for me due to being in the Alpha Squad. The new Razor Carbine however says 'Unlocked' for me in the shop window, yet I never even purchased it. I also can't see it or equip it in my inventory even after a relog/restart. Something went totally fubar with this NC carbine.

PS. yes looks identical stat wise to the previous carbine.
  12. 80Bit

Hope they fix it soon, I was looking forward to a new Carbine.
  13. RF404

Haha, same for me too :)

I got Alpha Squad so I had AC-X11 unlocked and now appearently its twin, the GD-23, is listed as unlocked too even though I haven't bought it. But I can't select and equip it in my loadout, so I'm neither able to buy it (since its listed as unlocked) nor use it (since it can't be found among available weapons).

Someone definitely made a boo boo :p
  14. Tobax

Based on the fact that the new carbine is unlocked when its not, all stats (while not accurate), ammo count and model are exactly the same as the AC-X11 I'm fairly sure the game is looking at the wrong gun by mistake and its just looking at the AC-X11.
  15. 80Bit

I hope it is an improvement over the AC-X11, which is already a pretty good medium gun. Faster bullet speed would be a nice feature.
  16. MobileAssaultDuck

To be honest, if they made a carbine better than the AC-X11, it might be broken.

That AC-X11 is a beast of a weapon.
    • Up x 1
  17. RadarX

We are currently looking into a bug which is granting people the wrong weapon. They are in fact different weapons.
  18. Tobax

Yup it was the AC-X11 like I said wasn't it (for the NC's Razor GD-23).
  19. Hoki

According to in-game stats sniper rifles should never be able to kill, but they're just completely wrong. Snipers do more damage than the stats say.
  20. Bl4zn

If your wounded, the new NC sniper rifle will likely kill you in one hit. Otherwise its still Headshot to kill you in one hit.