Leg shot = Dead

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Niv, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Niv

i hope u all notice this part in the new weps update:
    "For our Infiltrators, prove the age old principle “One shot. One kill” with these brand new sniper rifles. The New Conglomerate Longshot, The Terran Republic RAMS .50M and the Vanu Sovereignty Parallax all provide exceptionally fast projectiles but a slower bolt action fire rate and reload time."

i can understand head shot from bolt action sniper rifle will kill me but now u give a sniper rifle that just kill no matter where it hit?
    is it me or some 1 in SOE forget the "Hit Spot" system they put in planetside2?
    Now do we even need HA/Light assault class, just pick inf with this sniper rifle and army of those inf just reap apart bigger army like they were paper target.

Btw if u go to the original post u see how they try to make this line hard to see compare to the new assault rifles.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/gear-up-with-new-infantry-weapons.60462/
  2. NoDachi

That doesn't mean its one shot to kill at any location you dolt.

It's just another bolt action designed for headshots.

Where is your reading comprehension.
  3. QuantumMechanic

I assume the new sniper rifles still require a headshot for a one shot kill. The idea is that they have a slower chamber and magazine reload speed but have faster projectile speed (only).

If that's not the case I'd be really surprised.

One shot kills on a foot was something that should be left behind in PS1.
  4. Niv

"For our Infiltrators, prove the age old principle “One shot. One kill”" im reading fine do u see Headshot word in this line.
    let me ask u something some one who got basic understand will ask:
    "if we got already for each empire a Bolt action rifle that do 1 hit kill on head shot why we need another bolt action rifle with slower reload rate+fire rate that also kill in head shot"
    guess u need to let ur brain to work a little more before u reply any thread u see.
  5. Jaggedmallard26

I think one shot one kill anywhere on the body is fine.
    Look how well Medal of Honor (2010) turned out and it had OHK anywhere on the body.

Actually its not a OHK anywhere, it only has a faster bullet velocity.
  6. CaptainRobust

I'm pretty sure that it's just easier to get headshots with. It has a faster bullet, which means less leading involved. I may drop a few bucks to give it a try.
  7. Uncle Coord

It does exactly the same damage as the LA80, extremely dissapointed, I do not see any difference between the weapons whatsoever, seems to simply be a reskinned LA80 to rip off our money.
  8. Niv

Planetside 2 is not medal of honor and if the SOE turn it into one, this game will be dead in 1 year just like any of the medal of honor games.
  9. InducedApathy

I'd rather get an ar/carbine/shotty to use on my inf instead. The whole sniping thing seems forced for the class.It would be kind of silly to hit anywhere and get a one shot kill imo (wouldn't put it passed them though).
  10. Sowahka

Not sure where you're getting this from, but "One shot. One kill." Has always meant a headshot to me. This weapon just seems designed quite specifically to get headshots.
  11. Jaggedmallard26

I was being sarcastic? That was implied and Medal of Honor failed miserably.
  12. Jestunhi

No, it does not say where the hit is.

But you insisting it means that "a hit in the foot can kill" is no different from him assuming it means "a hit in the head will kill".

The fact is the link provided did not state where the one hit would need to be aimed to get a kill.
  13. Niv

well the good news he should add headshot in that info he post, dmg from chest hit with no nanowave cert leave u with just 20% hp left.
  14. MobileAssaultDuck

A sniper rifle bullet of sufficient caliber in the leg would likely be fatal.

Look up "Femoral Artery"

It's one of the primary striking points in sword fighting as well.
  15. Dubious

Planetside1 sniper only 1-shot infiltrators (cloakers), cause they have no amor
    any other infantry is 2-shot
  16. 80Bit

The stats show it does one bar damage more than LA80, and the description also states it does more damage. Not enough for a body shot one hit though.
  17. Gavyne

Infils needed a boost, I don't get the complaint from the OP. At least try them out before complaining for crying out loud.
  18. Revanmug

At what distance? That's kind of important because it could mean nanoweave won't stop HS kill at longer distance as it currently does.
  19. hostilechild

I am guessing it is to mitigate lvl 5 nanoweave. The LA80 won't kill a HA with resist shield up or full nanoweave with a head shot anymore. This new one i guess will ? but probably not both resist shield and full nanoweave?
  20. Incarnadine

Has no one tested it or something? Just go out and aim for body shots and see if it does 1hit or not, easy to find out. If it doesn't, I don't get wtf the point is, bullet speed was fine for sniper rifles. If it does, I don't get wtf their thinking adding that in, 1hit ko should be ONLY for bolt actions to the head
  21. Moxin

I cant imagine they will release sniper rifles which instant kill someone when you hit the big toe, that would be stupid. I could imagine that the heart/chest area can be deadly aswell, that would actually more realistic.

What the game needs is a ZEROING feature for the sniper rifles, so we can adjust our aim and distance to make sure we can actually hit the head. Not just in a range where you can guess it from expirience or feeling which is often not that far.

Zeroing of the scopes is missing.