How to balance NC infantry?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Xae

NC have the best Carbines.
  2. TheShotgun

I do what I have too to get paid. Don't care about the war don't care about "freedom" I care about money and getting off this
    god forsaken planet. Simple.
  3. dr_Fell

It has to do only this, that energetic VS weapons have no bullet drop and have damage degradation. And that's all I said.
  4. Hashi

the starter one really sucks. the AX-C11 on the other hand is a beast
  5. TheShotgun

I miss that music...
  6. Xae

7. TheShotgun

this sounds awesome man why does ps2 not have this music
  8. Antivide

Which only proves his point. Mercenary is on par with the other two in close combat, loses significantly at medium and long range, much like the Gauss SAW.

The store variants on the other hand are excellent. The problem is with the vanilla weapons, which are inferior to their other faction counterparts. Which really sucks because in order for NC to have an equal footing with the other two empires they need to purchase weapons.

So yeah, basically this. My opinion in summation and what I'd like to see NC weapons buffed to. Lower recoil, increase accuracy.
    Boom yadda yadda.
  9. Ganen

I think balance wise the weapon designs fit what they intended, problem is "learn to burst your weapon" is only effective in very situational cases at best, mainly due to how fast movement is, and other factors such as jumpjetting and stuff.
    in this game a weapon that can sustain accuracy/recoil while going full auto with large clips will outperform a burst fire low rate of fire high recoil weapon, in short, sadly, "spray and pray" works VERY well with TK weaponry, while "burst your weapon" only works well for highly skilled players and mostly only in certain conditions.

one thing that I experience in fps games (mainly battlefield) is just how strong the burst fire mode weapons are for this case, as they allow much faster fire rates while maintaining decent weapon control, so I guess what I'm saying is, if we are changing things like weapon stats per factions or infantry movement speed and such, I think its a good idea to give burst fire mode to NC weaponry.
  10. kill

"Learn to burst" is still dumb.

Play the game. Try "bursting" someone to death when they're shooting you with a no recoil/cof high rof weapon. It doesn't work.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gumbo

The NC on Woodman dont have any problems with their guns.

Maybe they are just better than the other NC.
  12. Xae

That is the exact opposite of what the data shows. The Merc is worse at point blank but better in short/mid/long range.
  13. kill

No one is saying that the NC weapons are completely worthless. They aren't. Some of them are almost as good as their TR/VS equivalents. If you're a good player you can overcome unbalancing elements of a game. If you're up against an equally skilled players you're going to lose, however. NC vehicles are generally fine.

Do people really think in the terms of "lol an NC killed me yesterday therefore NC weapons cannot be worse than TR/VS weaps" and/or "lol some organized NC outfits took over a continent yesterday so surely their weapons cannot be worse than TR/VS".
  14. Phrygen

CoF needs to be tightened, accuracy is the issue, especially at range.
  15. Hashi

You've been playing since october, I wouldn't be talking like I know this game if I hadn't been reading the patchnotes from november... You're an idiot plain and simple. Want to know something? During the early beta the TR/VS were whining every day. About what? "Our warp gates suck! our guns aren't OP! our tanks don't move like this!" just because you've been here for what... 2 months ? doesn't mean you know **** about what's underpowered and what is. Please... proceed to shut up and calm down.
  16. dr_Fell

Also, just wanted to mention, many ppl here, even playing VS or TR, are confirming that NC weapons DO have worse (bigger) recoil than VS or TR counterparts, but compensated by its somewhat legendary damage. As we can see, there is nothing true in there, as NC weapons have rather slightly lower DPS than its counterparts.
  17. koopakinte

I wonder what the K/D ratios of people who complain about the NC Gauss SAW are. Just wondering if I'm THAT badass cause I think the SAW wrecks shop.
  18. HumsterMKX

The Gauss SAW is really insane during beta, then they kinds overnerfed it. :eek:. Now they are a pale comparison vs the beta pre nerf ones.
  19. Hashi

probably high seeing as they won't use it. I mainly play engineer but would like to play with a more reliable HA gun.
  20. Pax Empyrean

Thank goodness I'm not talking about things that happened before I got here then, huh? I'm talking about the state of weapons right now, and the level of whining right now, and right now, the NC whines like it's a sport and they're aiming for the Olympics.