Recent Peformance Drop ?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Genetic, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Hashlak

Really? Can we have a link for some proof lol ?? couldnt find any info about this bad *** performance... :( I have been maccking out PS2 since the early days of tech test and have never experienced such ****** fps...!

I havnt played since yesterday and will not bother until they sort out their issues...

I honestly dont think anyone should subscribe to this broken game ! Not until they fix it, then im gonna get 6month subscription :D :D

Until then... F-U SOE !!!!
  2. Snarkyfoo

I've been having recent FPS problems, as well.
    Although yesterday I realized my computer had somehow been swapped to low-power mode, so that accounts for some of it.:rolleyes:
  3. LordMondando

4. TeeBagit

I too have had the performance issues no matter what I do to improve the situation, and yes I read and followed all the "how-to" optimizo-guides to no avail. I have the recommended specs and get miserable performance in return, and that little zip patch the other night made it worse, so you are not alone, lol.

Having said that, I'm pretty confident they will sort out this open beta mess soon enough. I find it helps me to keep in mind that I didn't pay a cent to play this game other than the bandwidth to download and play thus far. On the other hand I also understand the frustration with the folks that have dumped money into buying station cash/subscriptions and can't play the game. It's a pretty sad story for some.

Speaking for myself I will say that my anger and frustration is rooted in selfishness, supported by the fact that I think this is the most awesome shooter game I have ever been immersed in, and I want to play it right fricken now without issue :p

cheers 0/
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

Smed's twitter is linked in column on the right, here on forum main page.

Yes, sure, both methods (quit playing, quit paying) can work. But I prefered the second: it's immediately effective and shows SOE how disappointed I am.
  6. TeknoBug

7. Hashlak

Yea thats good news. Finally they have woken up and realised the meaning of 'future proof' ! Ill be so happy if there is a new DX11 64-bit client :D would make things so much better
  8. B3VAN

Yep, same here. Has anyone noticed that the in-game FPS indicator now switches from CPU to GPU at times?
    Or has it always been that way?
  9. Hashlak

lol it always been like that, the CPU GPU thing jus tells you what is limiting the fps at that moment...
  10. B3VAN

Ahhh, many thanks.

I had been using my GPU utility to monitor FPS until recently.
    So if I see CPU frequently then I should reduce models, LOD, shadows maybe?
  11. TheEvilBlight

I would do shadows and effects first. Models is probably related to loading textures into GPU memory (or into shared memory once you run out of GPU memory).
  12. Hatamoto

hope this patch contains

1. Optimized UI
    2. Optimized vehicle fps
    3. Removal of random fps drops in big fights
    4. Improved culling regarding the insides of bases
  13. Freyar

Any chance to get better framerates while in a firefight works for me. New download? No biggy.. I'll happily wait to download that update.
  14. Gary

My FPS has dropped by a huge margin today. Around 20-30 fps. Defragged, validated game files Virus can has been run just seem to have lost a lot of fps :(
  15. atomo360

Charcater selection bug here, and i can't turn on or off vsync option, it like flickers...
  16. ClusterBomb

Yh mate, I got that too.
  17. ClusterBomb

It's a pitty, but I can't see this game improving. Nearly every patch so far has screwed the game up, they release a patch that makes the game more stable, then release another patch that screws it up.

I have barely played this game in the past week. Then after Last Nights patch, the game got screwed up again. Performance has gone to crap. After I exit the game, it takes half an hour to get my PC back into fast mode.

SoE need to be more open. The game is completely screwed and they think they can fix it. My hope in SoE is gone.
    and they think they can make Everquest 3 with this game engine. If they can't get Planetside 2 working, then how the hell can they get a game working with a game world WAY larger then Planetside 2's.

I feel like they aren't even trying, even though they say they are. If they were trying then they would have made the game as bad and broken as this is.
  18. Hashlak

I fully agree, it is indeed a pity that 50% of the patches screw the game sideways and piss so many players off, leading to many people being put off an leaving.

SOE, You neeeeed to be more OPEN. The devs are so bad a communicating anything. For some reason, if you go on the SOE post tracker tab, you will see sooo many USELESS stupid threads being answered like some idiots asking why the game doesnt work properland they just ignore the really important ones. WTFF
    Everytime a new patch is out, the patch notes come out a week later. and also the patch notes are so basic like they are talking to *******.

Guys, have a look at this: http://forum.wmdportal.com/

Make a free account and check it out. Its a community assisted racing game (best racing sim ever) that is still in development. Have a look at their patch/build notes and see how open and detailed they are. Every single mineute issue is adressed if not fixed. Thats what we need. Openess. Planetside 2 forums is ******* JOKE

heres an example if you guys arent bothered to see for yourselves:

Build 363+362+361 (w/c 3/12/12, Manager+) Week 49

Build 363 (5/12/12, Senior Manager)

Online:
    * Added priority calculations to recipients of vehicle update packets in race. This should pripritize packets sent to players physically close to the sender's when outgoing bandwidth is not enough to send everything through direct channels
    * Disconnected player participants will only be removed once from the race
    * Fixed sorting of peers when deciding which messages to send directly and which via rebroadcaster, based on recipient priorities (the game now sets priorities based on vehicle distances, and the sorting code was not handling this correctly)
    * HUD: added position readout for MP races

Render:
    * Added in RenderContexts and hooks for shader techniques setting up the correct render contexts
    * Changed basic_translucent shader to make the alpha pre-multiplication happen after all the extra layers (envmap, specular, fog) so that we don't get a strange over-application of effect in the far distance when the mipped down alpha is kicking in. This fixes an issue with fog on distant fences looking over-bright

Input:
    * Reworked and re-enabled steering lock spring
    * Added setting of active wheel range (soft-stop) for Logitech wheels
    * Disconnection handling updates
    * Implemented force operation merging
    * Added more device-specific default wheel range values
    * Ensure force effects are released on game exit

Weather:
    * Change to Access levels for edit data
    * Adding in project settings to exclude WeatherStringEnum.cpp from all PS3 build configurations

TweakIt:
    * Updates for enum context menu display to allow lots of items to display in a friendly way

Physics:
    * Updated cleanup of participant manager to reset spawn location info used during change of race mode
    * Updated to use new STM lib. Removed duplicate linkage of the lib from GamePhysics to fix link time missing PDB warnings in Release and Gold. Warnings still exist in Debug due to problems with the fex lib itself

Tracks:
    * Heudsen: tweaked texture map
    * Emirates Raceway: Removing not needed track logos

Vehicles:
    * BMW Z4 GT3: quick collision detection point tweak

Build 362 (4/12/12, Manager+)

Weather:
    * Adding in project settings to exclude WeatherStringEnum.cpp from all PS3 build configurations
    * Change for ps3 compile to use unitly cpp
    * New Setup so texture files names are now kept in String Lists

Common:
    * Updated cleanup of participant manager to reset spawn location info used during change of race mode

Base:
    * Code so Live Edit Components do not need to keep a copy of their infomation strings

Tracks:
    * Eifelwald: Fixed (removed) Logo on Curved Tribune

Build 361 (3/12/12, Senior Manager)

Physics:
    * Converted all STM DLLs to a single LIB (fexCathedralUber)
    * Added multi-rg file loading support

Online:
    * Work around for partial attribute sets: The admin will always request all attributes to be changed, even when the intention is to change a subset

Tracks:
    * Heusden: Tweaked texture map
    * Milan Short: Add final pit area buildings (add missing lodB's)
    * Milan Short: Updated occluders and remove treewalls behind pitbuildings (back parts pitbuildings are now visible from road)
    * Milan GP: Add final pit area buildings (add missing lodB's)
    * Milan GP: Updated occluders and remove treewalls behind pitbuildings (back parts pitbuildings are now visible from road) [P4Utils.PerforceEdit v1.0.0.0]
    * Milan: New textures and new textures for the ad banners

Please read the following before reporting bugs in the game.

All STM feedback & bugs to be reported in Link to STM (-seta) Status Overview and Known Issues List

MultiPlayer feedback & bugs to be reported in Multiplayer Test Feedback (Full-Member+)

Note: Should the game crash to desktop during a MP session with an 'assertion dialog box' please take a screenshot of this box and post it along with your crash logs.

Link to MultiPlayer Known Issues & Non Implemented Features List

Link to Multiplayer Behaviour Guide For Everyone
  19. AudieSmurfy

Performance tanked after the last ~50 MB update. Went from getting 40+ FPS in megabattles, to having it dip down to about 25-30 FPS. Also getting the character select bug mentioned above.
  20. Roklut

Yeah my character selection screen has half animation and half black/white smoke. The game has been a bit laggy too and that is on top of the slideshow framerate in intense battles. I guess I will be taking a break until some patches roll through.