Anyone knows server where NC are not dissorianted

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SolitarioSoldat, Dec 4, 2012.

1. iGamer1990

as a vanu on mattherson i gotta say the NC have been doing better i always like battling them they always put up a good figh,,they just have there good days and bad days lol
  2. Bloodlet

I play Vanu on Mattherson and the NC there seems competant. I know there are two outfits I've actually been members of before who are NC on Mattherson who are both very organized (Sturmgrenadiers and Ruin)
  3. Deladin

4. Deladin

Never heard of Ruin on Mattherson.

I would also stay away from Stormgrenadiers (SG). My outfit Sunder Military Gaming (SMG) has a lot of the old PS1 SG players and from what I gather SG is more of a zerg outfit now days then one based on tactical or strategic gameplay.
  5. ArenSteele

I play NC on Connery, and while I won't join 666 myself, they give our faction good numbers which can occupy large amounts of enemy forces, allowing the smaller groups I run with to have some pretty fun battles elsewhere on the map.

There are times when we're getting run around and run over all over the place, but other times when we're steamrolling all the continents.

Last night we had a great 40-48 man platoon that auto-filled, but had great leadership and we capped a ton of bases, but then couldn't quite manage to take the crown, so all in all we didn't dominate, but made a ton of exp, and had fun
  6. Bloodlet

Well I haven't experienced SG in PS2, only in PS1 and WW2OL but they were good at what they did there. As for Ruin I played with them in Warhammer Online and they did well there. Apparently they did well in other games after that. http://www.ruinnation.com/
  7. Ryekir

I played on Markov in PS1, and never joined the 666th Devil Dogs there, and there was a lot of sentiment back then as there seems to be here: that it's just a big mindless zerg-fest. But I also knew what they were capable of.

So when I saw them playing in PS2 Tech Test, I started playing with them and it increased my enjoyment of the game by about 1000%, and I quickly learned that what goes on inside of it is very different than what it may look like on the outside. It also depends on the day and time for how cohesive our entire organization is at any given moment (i.e. if it's not a scheduled Operation, we may have platoons spread out doing their own things independent of the others).
  8. Phaze

I play on Mattherson with TAS.

I think they are pretty organized on a macro/high level. They are constantly running squads... almost always a platoon... usually 2 or more during prime hours. Command is always handing out orders to attack and defend various territories and bases.

On the actual battlefield, there isn't much organization. I'm talking about situations where we're facing a dug-in enemy or looking to put up a strong defense, ourselves... Players are generally left to do what they think is best. Tends to work against the zerg - but I can see us quickly overwhelmed when we run up against some of the better TR/VS outfits.

^Isn't necessarily always a bad thing. TAS is a great place for newer players to break into outfit-style combat, without feeling like they are going to get a field execution if they struggle :)
  9. Nytguard

Speaking on behalf of the 666th Armored division, sorry if you found yourself blocked by our column, sorry if you were run over while standing/walking in the middle of the road where our column was moving, sorry if you were shot for standing in front of our fire, sorry if we're too busy pushing the front line to lock the continent, while trusting the many other NC players and outfits to help on other fronts or prevent back hacking, and sorry if you feel that we are nothing but a zerg.

If you EVER get the opportunity to see our constant training sessions, our private forums, our organized TS server, or our structrued and organized comms during Ops, you'll see that we're far from being classified as the standard "zerg". Since launch, the number of new applications and accepted recruits (after interviews) have been a bit overwhelming to a point where we're currently making our way through a "growing pains" part of our outfit.

To address this and the many issues some of you have commented on (yes, we do read and discuss your feedback), we have increased our training covering many tactics, including armor column movements and engagements. So, if you see our column moving through an area, best thing to do, is just pull off the side and let us through first. We often find that non-DD vehicles tend to muck up the column and cause the many bottlenecks you may have noticed. We're working on solutions around this as well.

You may also notice that we do what we can to assist all NC on our server. I personally, have shielded other non-DD tanks or left mine to help repair others.

If you're infantry, get off the road and watch for vehicles, even off the road. It's 10x easier for infantry to stop or evade vehicles than it is for vehicles to avoid infantry. We try where and when we can to avoid running over infantry, but we can't stop a column in motion for the stray infantry wanting to look at the map or type while standing in the road or for the one that runs across. If one of our vehicles stop for that one player, it causes issues for the entire column. We have a strict anti-TK policy, so if you encounter any 666th member deliberately TKing you, PM me a video clip and/or screenshot.

We're really pleased with both the TR and VS outfits on the server, as they are constantly challenging us to improve our combined arms engagements, tactics, and training. We've also been working with other NC outfits during our Ops, which has been amazing as it allows our forces to focus on one front, while coordinating with others on other fronts, lending support where and when we can. We're not looking to run/direct/control other NC outfits, but rather just coordinate continent locks with them.
    • Up x 1
  10. ArenSteele

I for one am more than pleased to have the DD's on my team, even if I'm not in the outfit ;)
    • Up x 2
  11. Shotgun Murphy

Come to Connery and bring anti air. I never really see anything from TR but Mozzy's and grunts. They're pretty boring to fight against. The Vanu are good for a scrap but with the TR it's just "meh"
  12. Stolen_Insanity

13. SolLeks

My outfit is on Connery, of coarse the zerg is not that organized but we do have the 666zerg (no offense, it just seems kinda like a zergfit). We usually run at least half a platoon on peak, sometimes randomly inviting randoms to make our numbers swell (had 1.5 platoons running once).

just join a good outfit and you will be set.
  14. -lOldboyl-

Avoid EU Ceres, NC kinda sucks on that one.
  15. Merdur

For all those that think the 666 does nothing but zerg sorry to hear that.

On op nights it may seem like that because we easily run 4 hammer platoons<hammer is our grunt force>, close to a platoon of armor and air and about 2 squads of shadow<snipers/recon>. Ontop of that we have our RRT which is the ones that backcap and prevent push's.

I believe this last saturday we had close to 150 players online at the same time. On off nights we can muster about half this if not more on some nights.

now while we have all these platoons that does not mean they are all in the same area, 1 hammer may be backed up by armor while another is off defending a bio lab and the other 2 are pushing a tech plant with air support. While that's going on shadow and RRT/Stitch are running around cutting off influence or pull your troops away from the main battles to give relief.

If this sounds like a zerg i challenge you to join up and play with us on an op night and see how non zerg we actually are.
    • Up x 1
  16. iller

This. ___I'm not in the 666th, but I'm in a Paratrooper outfit that sometimes gives them them support__

I'm not usually the "Guild" type myself, and I've always had issues with being "led around like a god **** pony" ...but I joined an outfit for the hell of it on Connery and yesterday in Amerish, facing a population of 45% TR, versus 15% NC at the start of it .... there was a Pow-Wow between all of the Outfit chiefs in whatever private Channel they get to unlock. And -- long story short -- that disparity quickly changed to a 30 / 40 with all of us taking back half the map which gave way to all the Pubbers eventually filtering in too until it was a 25% / 50% split between TR / NC and we darn near re-conquered a whole continent that we ALREADY owned.

It doesn't change the fact that NC's ideal demographic (free-spirit / LroyJenkins / n00b type people with discipline issues) is the ABSOLUTE LAST kinds of people who are qualified to be using NC weapons which ironically (as in the Dictionary definition of, not the Alannis Morissette tragedy definition) are only most effective in the hands of very disciplined players with a penchant for Restraint. So if it looks like there's a Balance issue there ... there is, but it's a Logistics issue, not a Spreadsheet/Math issue.
  17. SpoontheMoose

What are you talking about? I play on Jaeger and the NC always hold Amerish the TR Indar and the VS Esamir. The three empires also have pretty balanced pops too. My outfit almost always fights on Indar because well we hate the TR and love a good fight, we had a 30 man platoon last night and for 30mins we capped half the map with something like 20% less pop the TR sure they caught up with us at the Mao tech plant all the way in the north but we still held out for a long time and gave them hell.
  18. Ixal

Woodman has a good (and/or large) night shift. Daytimes they get pushed back seriously, but they can still hold.
  19. TheShotgun

Genduin all the way
  20. Sebyos

Why are you complaining about Jaeger ? I am there and I see we are not perfect, but the server isn't flat out dominated all the time. We also do pretty good in long fights except biolabs offense sadly where people are simply too noob to know what the are doing.