Deleted my TR Char on Miller. Reason? TR is seriously broken.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sikab, Nov 29, 2012.

1. DeadlyShoe

The MCG is indeed, overpoweredly entertaining to use.

The cadre of NC players whining about infantry weapons spam thread after thread and invade other threads. It is kind of annoying.

I believe Raniks point was that these are recognizable weaknesses for TR (among others) but noone is covering the forums in complaints about them. Unlike aforementioned cadre.
  2. Fox234

I actually love when people go play TR after playing VS or NC, double if I'm on Mumble or TS3 with them. Its always the sound of awe and wonder. No one has ever been disappointed.
  3. Ranik

Literally every single thread about Prowler / Mossie problems is drowned out with NC / VS mindlessly spouting "but you can kill infantry slightly better" . Happily ignoring the reality of tank combat and zeroing in on one miniscule fact seems to suit them well.

In this case with infantry weapons the TTK difference is almost non existent. It's somebody basically childishly complaining about a tiny difference in one aspect of the game. While others do everything in their power to minimize the glaring weaknesses that empire has in other areas.

"So what if you have the weakest tank and ESF? You are also not supposed to have even a slightly better infantry weapon than me"
    • Up x 1
  4. LordTankT9

There are no quitting in the TR! Get back and kick they're butts! Whatever the odds.
  5. Curze

wait till the TR nerf then come back to tell us that again, hehe
    TR will lose a sizeable part of its population in a lot of servers overnight when they arent easymode anymore
  6. Ohayashi

I read up on the proper lore a few days after making my first character (and picking TR for aesthetics and martial zeal), and while the Auraxis TR contingent are a bunch of Orwellian pricks - the proper Republic on Earth was the greatest thing that ever happened to humanity. The TR is humanity. I fight for humanity.
  7. Promethieus

Those numbers are off entire clips I believe. And considering you use far less to kill someone. I believe those numbers don't tell the true story. VS and TR are fairly balanced out. It wouldn't be practical to nerf TR and buff NC.
  8. xtoph

Lol you didnt have a TR char, nice try though...
    • Up x 2
  9. RockHarder

NC is fine. I play both and have an easier time killing on NC; but then I burst fire, dont sprint everywhere and actually use sights instead of shooting from the hip.

But hey, what do I know? Everyone needs to listen to the crying babies, right?
    • Up x 2
  10. Xonal

Well first of all this is the typical 'I've used them and I feel...' anecdotal tripe that the actual numbers don't agree with. Secondly even how you describe you play, whilst making NC guns more more usable, is still going to favour TR/VS weapons over NC.
    • Up x 1
  11. anaverageguy

No, it does more damage per hit. I prefer the NC LMG by far over the TR one that I used for most of beta.
  12. anaverageguy

How do you have data if you're not with SOE? They're the ones with the actual combat data since they don't share. Game stats are just that. Actual results are different.
  13. Ujelly Trollicus

Typical TR response. NC need to learn how to burst and complaining about it makes them "cod f@gs", while TR are able to full auto at insane ranges with little to no adverse affects? You say no cod guns have recoil, and ps2 is realistic, but in this game TR weapons ARE cod weapons, they have almost no recoil, in fact some of them actually have a recoil value of ZERO.
  14. Duskguy

...im sorry, but everyone complains about the infantry..... as a tanker i have to complain. turn NC and VS tanks into big tinder boxes that shoot 2 pillow rounds at enemies and then complain again...oh wait, you wouldnt be able to, because it would be equal.

i want my tank fixed. been saying this since beta. we get slightly faster reloads??? seriously? it takes more hits to kill and the barrels are BOTH off center. we go slightly faster? tank rounds move infinitely faster than a tank. our ability plants us to the ground..... VS can speed into or away from an engagement, NC throw on a shield and take no damage while blowing away the competition.

so when our "heavy" tanks are praised for their infantry killing, we need infantry to effectively combat tanks? those same infantry who you are going to nerf because they kill you a bit faster?

basically post nerf we will be seeing infantry equalized so we are dying more like 1:1 rather than 1:1.5 while our tanks are still dying 2:1....

again, as a vehicle user and not a big fan of infantry, i dont care, ill just heal or repair anyway, but fix our god damned tanks!
    • Up x 1
  15. franchised

i know bro, i have watched this all develop and seen all the arguments throughout the beta. but this guy still needs to calm down, his rage has reached new heights and has reached a new lvl of "butt frustration"
  16. Lowerydro

Played TR mainly.

MBT sucks for anything but farming moron infantry that can't figure how to pick up a rocket launcher. Our Max requires sustained AI fire with chain guns, our "pounders" are a pound of pure crap, and the bursters are the same everyone else gets.

So that leaves guns.... After playing TR a lot I wanted to try out the other factions.... NC is insanely easy to kill people in short/medium range because of the damage per bullet, and at long range you just have to learn how to fire in short bursts. VS are the pure easymode faction, I don't even have to try with their guns... just point and shoot and 90% of your shots will hit what you aim at.

NC get MBT's with massive guns, VS get the LAWL tanks that can avoid ever being hit by a rocket.

Considering the entire game is now coming down to spamming vehicles and pounding a location into bits and locking down the spawn room before a few troops take the building, it is now changing so the game has much less to do with standing still and being shot.
  17. Elbryan

VS Orion > TR Carv

VS vehicles > TR vehicles

When everyone whined about TR being OP, it had the biggest population.

Now the whining about TR has pretty much stopped and people are taking notice of VS superior vehicles and easy to use guns.

And surprise surprise. VS population has gone through the roof (on Miller).
  18. Talizzar

I think this is a, I play X faction and get pawned so I am going to write another Nerf Faction X post for a bunch of anecdotal reasons.

Thanks!
  19. TheShotgun

NC = challenge and having challenge makes every kill just that much better.
    • Up x 1
  20. Curze

uh?
    Orion is basically a Carv with half the clip size and less RoF

TR is the easymode side for brain damaged morons