Extended Mag, same number of total bullets...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by munsosl, Dec 2, 2012.

1. munsosl

So I bought an extended mag for my Nighthawk and noticed an annoying bug/error. The initial magazine size of the Nighthawk is 6 shells, the total number of shells you respawn with is always six times as much as the magazine size, one mag and five full reloads. When I buy the extended mag, which increases the magazine size by 4 shells, but the total number of shells I have doesn't increase so I end up with a final mag that will never be full. I think the number of total shells should increase to scale with the extended mag increase. So initially I started with 36 shells and with the extended mag still only have 36 shells... I don't think the Terran Republic is so stingy that they only give a certain amount of individual shells to its soldiers...
  2. Bubblewrap2

Fair point.

It sounds like they used the same code as for vehicle weapons. But there you have a separate ammo count cert tree available too.

Also, unlike vehicles, a tiny bit more ammo does not make as much difference and you only get one level of magazine extension.

So, yeah, I doubt its intentional.
  3. munsosl

I would have to disagree, 24 more shells would make an enormous difference when using the Nighthawk.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ashur

That definitely shouldn't be like that, you should never end up on half a clip if you're going through them normally.
  5. Garrix

I think it's intended, just a side effect of the odd number of shotgun shells. One of the main drawbacks of shotguns is if you 'spray' with them you go out of ammo stupidly quickly, throwing more ammo into them by default wouldn't be a good plan (that's what the ammo bandolier cert is for, 4 or 5 extra clips [the real question is, if you have extended clips, does that increase the amount of ammo that armor cert gives you?]).
  6. Trysaeder

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I asked this question in another forum earlier and got a tentative 'no'.
  7. Littleman

It's an extended magazine. No one promised more ammo to go with it. That's what the ammo belt is for.

It would be interesting if extended mags worked in conjunction with ammo belts though to keep the 5 reloads ratio. If only I could give my cycler extended mags, mmhmm.
  8. munsosl

To me it wasn't promised it just makes sense that it increases your ammo... I'd rather have my faster shield regen or nanoweave than cert into additional ammo because I don't like having an odd amount of shells in my last magazine.
  9. ed_anger

nowhere does it say increasing the mag size will give you more shells. sorry.