TR MAX Cycler Hit Detection Bug (video)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Drakortha, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Serval

I've had this happen on AA Phalanx turrets as well, I see the flak explosions all over an aircraft flying right at me but it takes no damage and I see no hitmarkers and then on the return run I can hit it just fine (probably because the weapon has started and finished cooling.)
  2. hostilechild

Had this with the sniper rifle last nigh. Shoot a guy in the head, bullet trail right through, shoot again same thing, so i chest shot, 2 more right through his body. Reload, next 2 shots in body kill him. Lucky for me he wasn't looking my way. Happened more than once, and only in large fights. So figure that had something to do with it.
  3. Stigma

I think that is a separate issue. I believe that the deathcam just isn't updated fast enough on its data and thus often shows health-status as it was a short while ago (like half a second or something) because I have had many very close fights where I have gotten clena hits and hit detection but still barely lost the duel and the deathcam shows me way too much health compared to what I know he must have had (i have a decent feel for how many hits he took).

This issue seems very different given that the hit-markers just don't show at all.

-Stigma
  4. Dubious

Thats what happens when they care more about graphics than gameplay
  5. djswitchuk

I've had the same problems with my FA1 shotgun doesn't register hits till i've reloaded if i make it to reloading then it will register ???
    • Up x 1
  6. Drakortha

7. sneakbyte

Same thing as VS MAX the bullets don't register
  8. GTGD

I experienced a lot of these issues that were this bad 2 nights ago on Waterson, and a couple times since. Very frustrating. Even when not that blatant, it seems like many of my shots won't register in the middle of ones registering. I'll shoot 15 to 20 at close range, it looks like they're all hitting but the guy doesn't go down, and I can't tell how many individual bullets are hitting because the hit marker stays up a bit and TR weapons shoot very fast.
  9. Mazzar

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! i thought it was a hacker or something!

2 meters away from me, walking around me, crosshairs firmly on him, constantly shooting, and i dont get a scratch on him, and i get taken down.
  10. Kesh

I've had this happen to me every couple days. The first time this happened, I was chasing after a guy to knife him and he didn't slow down, so I decided to just unload into him from about 15 feet away, running away in a straight line. After I unloaded a full LMG magazine into him, he turned around and killed me.

I didn't know what the hell happened. I thought it was lag. But then it happened multiple times.

I don't know what causes it, but when it happens, I'll find some friendly stationary target to shoot to test it. It takes about 5-7 shots for one to register. It seems only about 10-20% of the bullets register. A simple reload doesn't fix it for me.

This is quite frustrating.
  11. Drakortha

12. Sgt shadow

YES! I play max ALL the time and this has happened countless times during the time its been there. mate, i can give you some tips to start it registering again if you can do it before you die because it takes ages and they're just spitting lead into you.
    Ok, imagine a triangle on each of your cyclers (i use 2 mercies) 2 of the corners of the triangle are on your cyclers and the tip of the triangle goes forward kind of like that classical star wars text, everything inside the triangle is your blank spot it won't register there so you need to walk backwards away from them and as soon as there outside that triangle they'll get teared up. its kind of like the crossing point of the 2 guns it's semi-realistic but it shouldn't be there hope this helps :)

But yes this needs desperate attention.
  13. jordanfoy

this is on every gun in the game from what i've seen. I play NC mostly but I have noticed this with every gun at some point.
  14. GTGD

It's probably more noticeable as TR because of how many bullets they shoot ;)
  15. Arkanakaz

This bug is making the TR Cycler MAX so hard to play as - please respond that this issue is recognized SOE.
  16. Bubblewrap2

:p

Anyway, I wonder if this is related in any way to the Heavy Assault RPG bug where immediately after spawning the first shot at an enemy (until auto reload) does no damage?

Can those in MAXes with this issue say if this happens on the first attempted kill after spawning one or if it can happen any time?
  17. Arkanakaz

Anyway, I wonder if this is related in any way to the Heavy Assault RPG bug where immediately after spawning the first shot at an enemy (until auto reload) does no damage?

Can those in MAXes with this issue say if this happens on the first attempted kill after spawning one or if it can happen any time?[/quote]

It can happen at any time. Also I use double "Mercy" TR anti-infantry guns and I get both of the guns doing no damage at the same time - even after I reload.
  18. BadLlama

This happens with the NC scattmax as well, .
  19. Krizzen

Holy shnikies son. That tells the whole story right there. This thread should be bumped into oblivion.

The real question is what else is affected, or more importantly, WHAT ISN'T AFFECTED?
  20. BadLlama

It happens a lot when there is an elevation difference between me and the target. As soon as we are on even ground you can start hitting again.