Hit detection with bolt rifles.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Malael, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Malael

I'm noticing a trend of shots being landed, enemy body recoil animation takes place yet no damage is done.

I almost uninstalled a few mins ago after this happened: Cornered a infiltrator, 3m range, hit him in the head with a bolt rifle, his head flys back and I think 'yea, he is dead'. But, no, I immediately swap to my pistol and he downs me instantly with his pistol.

Sigh...... No chance am I going to spend a cent on this game until stuff like this is taken care of.
  2. Helwyr

Yes that's happened to me a few times, and others have said the same. I'm not certain it's just the Bolt Actions or rather that it's much more obvious when it happens with slow single shot weapons like that.
  3. Raidashi

i'm starting to notice this trend too. Rather my bullet will PASS THROUGH their head, and they take no damage. Perhaps its a bug? lag?
  4. iEatGlue

I too have experienced this. I see the animation but never see my bullet trail. I always assumed it was because I was too close to or clipping my cover. That is, until I had it happen at point blank range.
  5. xViper

This isn't a sniper only thing it has happened to me with almost every type of weapon and the Devs know about it.
  6. Moxin

I could not play at all today....player were rubber banding all over. Its strange, some player expirience similar issues and some not on the same server.

Video about it:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v40951406CdkFhKge
  7. paraspam

This happens when players are standing close to base turrets. There may be more ways this happens but that's the 1 I've experienced.
  8. Sworaven

Nice to know it's not just me. Always kinda shrugged it off and blamed it on lag.
  9. Herbfiend

yeah def noticed it def irritating. If your at a range that doesn't have drop yet aim for there jaw instead of there eyes or above for some reason you only get to hit from there neck to eyes for some character models to be able to hit them in the head and have it register.
  10. Raidashi

i was just playin on my NC infiltrator. At least 6 times i missed good shots because of something weird. Couple times the bullet sailed straight through their forhead, and nothing. One time a guy was juking around, when he stopped to take aim, i took the advantage and got the shot off. Right before the round hit his avatar suddenly flicked into a crouch position and back, then crouched again sending the round clear over him. No animation just sudden jerks.

Another time i got the round off and another guys avatar just outright vanished miliseconds before it connected, then re-appeared 2-3 seconds later in the EXACT SAME POSITION. I go to line up another shot but his avatar flickers out again. What the ****?
  11. Talizzar

This is a perfect description of lag hacking.
  12. Xaragoth

It's not just bolt actions. I sometimes unload my entire Nighthawk magazine into people and they take 0 damage :/