150 certs for scout rifle attachments, really?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Geandily, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Geandily

With how extremely situational these things are... why does it cost me 150 certs to get a silencer on the stupid thing? Come on SOE :(
  2. Stadulator

You can make 150 certs in two days. What's the problem?
  3. Geandily

10 hours of playtime for 1 attachment on a gun that I barely ever use? Seems like it should be 30-50 like it is on all other guns. This is on top of the already 1000 cert cost haha
  4. KorJax

10 hours? Really?

I just made about 60-70 certs in two hours of playtime, not including passive certs you get. And I could def do better if I played particularly good instead of just doing a lot of running about and support. That's about 3-4 hours of playing without any boosts or anything.

I do think 150 is a bit much for the scilencer but lets be honest here, I'm pretty sure that's a very very good attachment to have for scout rifles, more so than any other gun. I'm pretty sure actually that other guns don't have scilencers cost as much because of that, but I could be wrong.
  5. Geandily

played 2 hours today, earned 50 certs from 70 kills. 3.0 K/D ratio with subscription and alpha squad boost. so I guess that's 6 hours of playtime if you can get a 3.0 K/D ratio haha
  6. Sworaven

Where do you get the idea that K/D ratio is even slighty important on this subject?
  7. Rec0n412

Because you get 250+ exp per kill?

That, and his ratio of kill to deaths was 3.0, which means that in order to get a similar performance he would either need the same KD-ratio over the same period of time, or more time with a lesser KD-ratio?
  8. Wampa

K/d ratio has absolutely nothing to do with your xp/hour

Kills/hour is what has something to do with your xp/hour. It doesn't matter how many times you die. Also, the only time you get 250xp per kill is if you're headshotting someone that's on a vengeance streak. And that's WITH boosts.
  9. Sworaven

OH GOD WHY

Wampa to the rescue!
  10. Raidashi

This is exactly what is wrong with today's player base...
  11. Rec0n412

Because the main source of exp is tied to kills.

I don't see what's wrong here. You've got players who want to unlock the good stuff(and as has been often repeated on these forums, this is supposed to be one of the "main" ways of adding longevity to the game), and th emost effective way of unlocking the good stuff is to kill as efficiently and quickly as possible.
  12. Talizzar

Death has nothing to do with experience other than you have to get back to the battle.

Everyone feels the need to rush to the end where there is nothing else to do. People have leveled way too fast IMHO. Good stuff should take time to get.
  13. Sworaven

Yes, but it has nothing to do with KD ratio and that's why it's completely irrelevant.
  14. Rec0n412

It has everything to do with KD ratio, because your a KD ratio is an indicator of success in gaining exp. It is also a great indicator of the performance needed to gain a certain amount of experience over a set period of time.

As was said previously, Geandily had a KD of 3.0 over a two hour period. So, he would need to have the same KD over a two hour period in order to gain the same amount of experience.
  15. TetrisIsUnrealistic

Recon you are incorrect. If I kill 3 things in an hour and die 3 times my KDR is 1:1, but then I spend the rest of that time repairing, hacking or healing my XP still goes up. Then you have the other obvious one: death isn't an issue in PS2 (there is no XP loss). So if I kill 80 people and die 10 times, and my mate kills 80 people and dies 70 times in the same time I did, we are still getting the same XP (assuming we are killing the same way and we both have/dont have boosts of course).

A good KDR isn't a bad thing to have but it has nothing to do with Exp at all.
  16. TheEvilBlight

What's more important than the deaths is the kills (until deaths start to penalize our kill xp). Three kills and one death is still 3:1, but you're not getting much.

Someone who gets 20:10 will have a 2:1 KD but hopefully should have more xp in the bag.