Suggestion - nerf turret hacking.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Smeh, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Smeh

I dont mind of such ability. But c`mon! hacking all turrets by 1 inf??? Hacking when someone inside turret and throw it away and instakilling whithout ANY NOTICE it so idiotic!
    So I want to fix this for 1 hacked turret on 1 infiltrator in same time. And not allowing hacking when it turret already occuped.
    • Up x 2
  2. Marinealver

/sign

I would say remove it or mak hacking where it is disabled. Atleast it is not liek those viruses where the auto turrets turn on its own.

Also there needs to be a way to remove or use hack turrets and equipment. I guess destroying it and then repairing it could work.
  3. Allthra

make a beeping sound... done
  4. Helwyr

No.

In fact we can hopefully look forward to Vehicle Hacking in the not too distant future. It's something PS1 had and the Devs have mentioned recently as one of the things they're looking to add to the Infiltrator.

All it takes is one Infiltrator to Hack back the Turrets, perhaps even you could manage to do this?

As to you getting no notice, perhaps if you wake up and don't fall asleep in your Turret you'd have a good chance of killing the Infiltrator that hacked you out. If you want a safe place to park your character go to the Sanctuary or the log in screen. If you're not just a bad player I'm sure you'll be more prepared next time it happens.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dcrd

As it is now infiltrator has the worst weapons ingame (I can snipe just as well with a shotgun on a LA), ****** cloak which does nothing but helps you against blind idiots, no reliable CQC weapons, and you want to take hacking away. No. Copulate you.

Infact we should get a vehicle hacking - sunderer hacking for example.

As for killing "wihithout ANY NOTICE" - pay attention. As soon as you're out of the turret - left click. And he's dead.
    • Up x 3
  6. Urnefar

Hacking turrets with someone inside is an ok mechanic I think, but it should be a disable allowing the controller to look around and exit at his own leisure, rather than the sudden exit and knife to the face we have now.
  7. Smeh

How? you cant hear him, becouse it very lowd when you shoot. And why you think about sleeping? Or you need exit every 2 second to checked hacking or not? It radicilious! Hacking system need conter methods. Or it just be OP. As air.
  8. Smeh

W H A T????? Infiltrator weapon worst? You mad? Oneshoot killing it nor worst. Try take LA or Engeneer weapons and try killing by it and you change your mind.
  9. Smeh

beeping not really fix when you fire. Better some visual information (as example effect of loosing signal)
  10. Stromberg

rofl ... somebody said: with time there's a topic about every single thing being overpowered. countered ofc about the same thing being underpowered in the next topic. it might be true after all.

hacking overpowered? seriously?
  11. Aghar30

for those of you saying hacking needs a direct counter, it has one, its called paying attention. If you realized that its not a bug you are automagically pushed out of your turret youd know to find the infil (easy) and shoot him (easier). I have had it happen to me, and i just blow the infil away and swap to infil myself, rehack the turret and keep on shooting, stop being stupid.
  12. Timeraider

i stopped reading after 2 words..
  13. Dcrd

"Oneshot killing" is either on stationary targets or very unreliable. I can't afford to use it constantly for moving targets as it will require me to have more practice and a better latency, also I can 2-shot kill with other rifles which is just as good, plus I can do the same with numerous guns for other classes. So you must play infiltrator first to tell me what's worst and what is not. And by the way, I do play a LA and a HA.
  14. m44v

You can kill the infiltrator when he throws you out, it happened to me a couple of times, so get over it. An LA would C4 the **** out of your turret, does that need to be nerfed too?
  15. BrB Stove Exploded

Yes lets nerf a game mechanic because you are to lazy to travel to a terminal, switch to infiltator, then run back and re-hack them?

Is this a joke?
    • Up x 1
  16. Benton!

coughtrollthreadcough

In all seriousness, hacking is UP right now.
    • Up x 2
  17. Raidashi

18. ISKNausicaa

This a troll?

People seem to forget that the turrets in question is usually found in a busy base or tower and is usually under fire from friendly vehicles, even then if they manage to hack the thing theres no guarantee that the occupant will simply roll over and die without a fight.
  19. SGTTEMPEST

lol wut

[IMG]

If you get hacked in a base with the rest of your troops around, good on the infiltrator. It's not hard to stop. Just throw some feathers at the infil and they will die.
  20. StockpowerXD

... Well you're doin' it wrong!
    I pulled my rebel and hacked an occupied AA-turret. I shot the guy in the head, but he instantly shot at me as he teleported out of the hacked turret und killed me before I could even land a second heady...

Players that are prepared will kill the infiltrator that is trying to kill them instead!

But yeah... I somewhat agree with your point... An Infiltrator running around and just hacking all your turrets just because is pretty annoying...
    But those Infiltrators are dumb anyway....

A truly clever and handsome Infiltrator (like my humble self) would just hack a few well positioned AV-turrets and use them to quickly dispatch of the other nearby turrets for multiple hundreds of XP! (A gate-AV-turret can kill up to 2 AI 2-3 AA and 1-2 other AV-turrets)
    When he is done with the entrances, which offer humongous amounts of free XP just ready for the taking he will hack some other AV-turrets and kill of 2-4 AV and AA turrets just to make sure their XP-rewards aren't wasted.

This also is a good team effort for preparing an offense, because destroying the towers is a more permanent solution than hacking them, gives you more XP (25 vs 100!!!) and you can only use one at a time anyway. By the time your teammates will take those hacked turrets you pretty much own the base anyway and your engineers can farm some XP fixing the turrets afterwards.
    (And there will be plenty AA turrets left that the AVs can't reach. If your team needs 'em you can hack them)

But since the Infiltrator is truly clever and handsome he will consider hacking both entrance AV-turrets to deal with vehicles passing by and with sunderers and tanks zergs that try to take back the base. In case one gets destroyed or the target is in a bad angle you still have the other one and if you have a mate to help you out then... the reinforcements won't know what the hell hit 'em XD

But yeah back to the topic...

I agree that Infiltrators should have a limited amount of simultaneous turret-hacks active that should be limited by proximity or number.

A) Infiltrators can hack a turret, but as soon as they walk a certain distance away from the turret, it'll fall back into enemy hands.
    This way you could still hack towers for your team, while being over all less "annoying".
    Occupied hacked turrets should stay hacked until a minute has passed after your ally leaves.

B) You can only have a set amount of turrets hacked at the same time (3-5?) and hacking new turrets will make the older hacked ones fall back into the enemies hands. If a turret is occupied, the unhack will try to skip that turret and unhack the next unoccupied turret instead.
    This "Limit" should be somewhat high, because you should still be able of being a team-player and having only 1 or 2 obviously makes hacking a "lone wolf-thing", which is bad.

Also the 25XP-incentive is just bad and hacking turrets just to destroy neighbouring ones is just that much more efficient (and doesn't stop giving you [lousy] 25XP after a few times).

If you successfully hack a turret and use it to do something useful or to destroy stuff, then that in itself is reward enough and promotes strategical hacking instead of... being a wiener and making people clean up after you!

If an ally uses a hacked turret to do something useful or destroys stuff, then you should gain a percentage of what he gains using the turret, because you enabled him the possibility.

You should get XP for unhacking (normally) friendly turrets though... (in my biased opinion unhacking should kill the occupant if it's your turret)
    The reward should be like 75ish and the likeliness of this being exploited is rather low, because exploiter B doesn't gain XP and exploitation is easy to recognize and punish (by removing the reward for a long duration).

PS: Again, 1 turret at a time is a BAD BAD idea. This is a teamgame and we shouldn't take away someones ability to help the team. 1 is an absolute no-no-no!