Bug: Insta repair

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Smeh, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Smeh

I see it start happing many times about few last days. It insta repair fully destroyed turrets, some engeener can fix tanks for 0.1 second from low hp to full - I see this few times when I was as targets spotter. And so on.
  2. Allthra

But i like this bug thats been around since beta started
    • Up x 4
  3. Duckforceone

yeah i get that quite often these days too
  4. Vortok

Yeah, it's pretty annoying on both sides of the fence. Not quite sure what triggers it. Pretty annoying when you get a generator overloaded and destroyed and the engineer just love taps it and it's fully repaired. Or just depriving you of exp in general.

I thought maybe it may've been related to not being in the area when the generator was destroyed or something, but don't think it's that consistent. Also had some wonkiness happen when I repaired near an ammo tower. I know it's supposed to repair vehicles but I'd jump out, start to repair and my tank would get a massive chunk of health (but not insta 100%). Was pretty strange.
  5. sladuog

Somebody mentioned that it refills vehicle ammo too. Not sure about this.
  6. Bubblewrap2

I actually thought the generator instant repair is intended since it consistently happens, though I am not sure under what conditions. It is incredibly useful when after a long hard fight, one almost dead Engie finally breaks into a heavily defended shield gen room, switches out their weapon, touches the gen and breaths their last breath as it starts to glow again! Unless he is accompanied by friends right behind him, the defenders can easily overload the shield gen again (for more XP too).

However, there is a completely separate insta-repair bug for vehicles and turrets that has existed since time immemorial! They seem to have greatly reduced how often it happens compared to beta though. As usual, it is totally random, vehicle-specific and no way to control when and how often it happens, afaik.
  7. Pashgan

I thought it's a feature.
  8. Riftmaster

I've had this happen on occasion when I repaired a turret, but I just thought that some other engineer had repaired it almost the whole way and my short burst of repair finished it. The circle icon indicating health level also made me think that, because it'd be about 85-95% full when I started repairing.

Are you sure it's a bug?
  9. supahitecjetfyta

its a bug, i see them blow and they still insta fix and sometimes theyre on fire and insta fix.
    feel totally ripped off when it happens since the repair XP is pretty much all you get when youre on repair duty.
    • Up x 1
  10. KlyptoK

It does not.

I hate it when I'm red and I insta repair my tank, and the tank still behaves like I'm on fire all slow like and continuously taking damage.

Although I will say the insta repair has made for some hilarious turn-arrounds in tank vs tank battles. Its really dumb.
  11. Jaggedmallard26

Seems to only happen to me on my own tank or on terminals when I'm a fair bit away from the enemy. I started to think it was a feature.
  12. ThePackage

It happens most of the time when the vehicle is very low on health, and you start to repair it.
  13. NDroid

Yeah, this old bug keeps happening from time to time. Exp loss aside, it can also lead to nearly immortal tanks and sunderers, turrets immediately springing back to life, and generators reactivating on the spot- all of which can really affect gameplay in those situations. Amusing as it is when it happens to you and allows your tank survive just about anything, I would really like to see this fixed soon.
  14. Esoterick

You can instantly repair liberators if one of the gunners gets out before it has landed and starts repairing off a pad. Doesn't always work though.
  15. Drevar

When I experienced this on a turret a couple of times I thought it might have just been a display bug on my side, ie turret appears still destroyed on my client but it has really already been repaired. I just "missed" the packet that had its updated status and using the repair gun forces an update giving the impression of an instant repair.

Thats what I thought, anyway. Seems from others' experience that it is an actual instant repair.
  16. evansra

iv had this happen to me a few times with turrets and iv also seen people exploiting it with tanks...
  17. Riftmaster

Ok, really starting to think it is a bug now.

I notice it seems to happen alot when my team just captured a base and I'm going to repair turrets - once it happened like 3 times in a row on 3 different turrets - aim repair gun, click, instant turret repair, no XP.
  18. SmileyBomb

This is actually a plausible answer to the turrets - but I believe the issue occurs too often in other scenarios to merely be packet loss.

Thank you all for not screaming "HAXZORZ!!11!!!@". Perhaps it is because we are all fellow engis. :D
  19. Phaze

I think this happens when the 'destroyed' turret is one that was previously hacked (then destroyed), before the base flipped.
  20. SmileyBomb

But again, this notion neglects the situations that occur with tanks and aircraft. Perhaps there are two different things going on - one with turrets and another with the vehicles?