ugly gamma

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Blackoth, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Blackoth

why did the gamma get boosted to the moon in between the end of beta and launch? its just ugly to have all the pretty graphics get a whitewash fuzz. i have my gamma the lowest it can go and i do not remember it being this ugly in beta
  2. Freyar

Unfortunately it seems you can't put a negative value in UserOptions.ini either.
  3. dynxl3

On the contrary. Mine is currently set to -0.300000.
  4. Freyar

Setting mine to -0.5000000 only pushed the gamma up.
  5. dynxl3

I just checked to make sure and it is set at

I know it works, I experimented from -0.5 to +0.5. I'm not sure what's going on with your setup, but this does in fact work for me.
  6. freki

For me it works too, have mine set to -0.45000. Makes the game look way more lively and helps to alleviate this washed out look you have with higher gamma.
  7. SGTTEMPEST

Yeah, the white wash from the sun and moon is god awful. Poor decision from the art derpartment. It also doesn`t help that the area giving off the light is a pin point spot in the centre and when you walk through trees it`s like they are trying to induce seizures. My vision has never been washed out like that in RL in the moonlight, sun and never really experienced the constant flickering from this damn moon. I just can`t imagine how a conversation went like ``Let`s make the game look great, but only if they tweak the ini to get to ultra and then! we can wash out all of our hard work with ridiculous gamma``
  8. Blackoth

i did the options.ini and it helped minorly, still looks bad. all this good works on the game cant show itself anymore

please look into this SOE!!!!