Possible Infiltrator Hacker?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRick Shot, Nov 28, 2012.

1. TRick Shot

I've search around but not seen much other mention of this, so wanted to make sure before calling foul. I do not normally play Infiltrator, so apologies if I'm just being ignorant.

I was on EU Woodman last night and thought I had a good grasp on my station. I thought I was alone. *BANG!*

I jumped out my skin (thank you Turtle Beach). It came from right in front of me. It was a guy on my faction, fully cloaked, firing his bolt-action rifle without de-cloaking. I started recording and followed him. I didn't think we could fire whilst cloaked?

Anyhow I followed him for a good couple of minutes. His cloak never comes down either. It seems to have an incredibly long duration.

Has anyone else seen this? Is it simply he's fully certed into something? If not and he's hacking, I'll get the video footage re-encoded and uploaded tonight, and posted here. (I ran out of time last night.) Hackers are scum. I didn't want to name and shame if he was simply playing fair, but it seems a bit OP if it is legit.
  2. Artifex78

Looks like he's exploiting a bug, not necessarily "hacking". Report it so the devs can look into it.
  3. zizeff

No its not legit you cant fire whilst cloaked nor is it infinite
  4. TRick Shot

OK. Thanks for confirming. I'll get the footage up tonight and get it reported. I'll adjust the OP.
  5. Compass

I came across a similar problem. I was walking around and noticed a shimmer on a tree branch. I thought it was a prone cloaked infiltrator. Then I ran that through my head and checked again.

It was a dead Infiltrator, still cloaked. Do infiltrator bodies normally stay cloaked if you kill them as well?
  6. Copasetic

I've noticed a few infiltrators who were able to fire their weapon while cloaked, I think it's a bug. Maybe the visual effect didn't get turned off properly or something.
  7. Artifex78

Bug or glitch. Dunno if it's intended, you would have to ask the devs :)
  8. TRick Shot

OK for some reason I am no longer able to edit my original post. I've uploaded the video. I'll put it in the OP when SOE allow me to edit it! Found on EU Woodman on 27th November at 20:15 GMT.

9. FA_Q2

I would lean more to bug than a hack. I have noticed other times when abilities are 'sticky.'
  10. Cikk

Bump, OP has definitely stumbled upon an exploit - and provided strong evidence for it.

Nice job backing up your claim. Hack, exploit, bug, glitch, whatever - it needs fixed.
  11. dirtYbird

Interesting bug.
  12. Angelicrage

Ran up against 2 cloakers who were doing this while trying to hold a point. Was annoying...I had to keep moving because if I stopped for a sec or two I would get head shot inside the tower room thingy. They stayed cloaked the entire time and would only un cloak to try and flip the point if they killed me. They were able to stay in the room with me for minutes 100% cloaked waiting for me to stop moving to head shot. If they used their pistols it would expose them enough for me to kill them...again 100% cloaked while they did that as well.
  13. kempinukas

Same thing happened 2 me :(
    Permanently invisible Infiltrator, but I got a drop on him eventually :)
  14. Xaragoth

Might just be that the texture used for cloaking bugged out and he didn't revert to his usual textures.
  15. Naburimannu

Grenades are your friend?
  16. Mansen

Looks like the old "Cloaked MAX" bug to me. Sometimes during the beta the cloak effect would stick around even after class changes and such.