Dying in 1 second is no fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Xaragoth, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Xaragoth

I already got Nanoweave 3. It's still pretty terrible. Gotta get those command reinforcement certpoints before I buy NW4 though.

Funny, I tried NC earlier and I have a far easier time killing people with the high damage guns, compared to the high ROF guns used by the TR. Vanu on the other hand ... aside from sniping, their guns are useless.
  2. Metalsheep

I don't understand the "Get Nanoweave" arguement. I was in the tech test and through Beta. We tested Nanoweave.

Nanoweave 1 essentially does nothing. It doesnt increase your HP enough to take any additional fire.
    Nanoweave 2 allows you to take 1 additional bullet before death.
    Nanoweave 3-5 Does NOT allow you to take any additional fire. While the HP increase may seem significant. It is not enough to take any additional bullets.

So really, only level 2 Nanoweave accomplishes anything, and even then its only 1 bullet difference. When taking fire from a gun that spits out 10+ rounds a second, that additional bullet doesnt mean jack.

I think the TTK really is too fast, especially for an MMO setting. I think the TTK should be increased by a second or so (maybe a little more on MAX suits). It would make a massive improvement IMO.
    • Up x 2
  3. Wasdie

The only time I find myself getting killed that quickly is when I've got multiple people shooting at me or I'm at point blank range.
  4. Zagareth

Yes it is... depends on which side of the gun you are :p
  5. Crator

Thanks for the tip! I will now only be upgrading this to lvl 2 when I get a chance...
  6. Rhapsody

all depends on who your fighting, and who your playing as.

Fighting against TR = they can kill you in less than 1 second.

Fighting against VS = they an kill you in 'almost' 1 second, but maybe slightly over.

Fighting against NC = you have time to not only react, but also turn around and fire back.

Fighting as TR = you can kill everyone in less than 1 second, Only VS will give you issues if you see each other at the same time.

Fighting as VS = You can kill everyone fairly quickly, and dont have to worry about any bullet drop. Though its a close thing when fighting against TR as they are just as accurate, but have a 'slight' fire-rate advantage.

Fighting as NC = Takes you 2-3 seconds (or an entire clip) to kill someone, Generaly they will have time to react and start firering back at you, and in most cases kill you even if you started shooting first. Oh, and even at range, your accuracy is shot, so your best bet is somehow getting the 'drop' on the enimy, or mass-rushing and being the 1 guy out of 20 to actually get to the target to kill him.
  7. Sharmanti

I hate when I shoot 10 bullets into someone and he still lives...

Nah, if I am being careful, minding the surroundings and in the end spots you first. Then you deserve to die instantly.

I also hate ambushing more than 3 people, because I can usually not kill more than 3 in one mag. So frustrating to see 4 soldiers who have no clue I am behind them and not be able to kill them all because it's like killing ******* master chief. Shield, hp, more hp, jumping around, die ffs, dead. Shooting someone in the head is very nice tho. That will kill them in less than a second usually

Really... Cry cry cry.
    I played alot of NC before I chose TR (mostly because the NC colors and armor are just... not working). Anyways.

I almost changed back, because the NC weapons were so damn good at killing things. Freaking overpower, at least in close quarters. On my NC character 3+ kdr, on my TR 3- kdr.
  8. Ripper

please, no thanks, i dont want more hps. i like being squishy. its much more exciting. this is gun vs gun not sword and shield. try and get the drop on the guy Xaragoth. if youre the first to fire and hit, his screen will be shaking so his aim will be affected. then drag your mouse up and turn that fire into a headshot and down he goes.
  9. Sikab

don't be so thankful :)

first: his theorycraft is bad
    second: HP is not only against bullet DMG.

don't be so blind and accept everything cause some1 said "i tested it".

Don't even listen to me. Eventually you'll get to a point where you will get lvl5 Nano armor. you'll see the difference then.
  10. Crator

Meh, you're probably right. Still, not that big of a deal to me right now really. I suppose it probably varies depending on what weapon is used against you anyways.

Has it changed any since beta btw? Haven't kept up with it really.
  11. Arsinek

something killed me, nerf it.
  12. Liquid23

if you are dying in 1 second you should learn to not bob when you should weave or zig when you should zag
  13. 12987

14. Metalsheep

Its not theory, its fact. Dozens of people tested the crap out of Nanoweave. Thats the results. Level 5 nanoweave wont even save you from a grenade. Maybe itll help if you get barely clipped by a grenade. But it barely effects your time till death at all. Level 2 is the only significant level of Nanoweave.
  15. Crator

What if I zag at the right time but the 5 teammates behind me weren't aware? This game has so many players in it. Sometimes it can feel like insta-death all the time to some I think. I'm careful so I don't really have this issue too much. And I've played PS1 since 2003 so kind of used to it. Even in PS1 it was bad and it had higher TTK.
  16. Sikab

in Beta higher ranks of Nano was buged, thats why the "tester" didn't see any difference. that bug has been fixed way before release.
    • Up x 1
  17. Linedan

TR, mostly an engineer running with BRIT. I swap between the TRAC-5 S (the select-fire version) and the battle rifle. I actually have better luck playing pseudo-sniper with the battle rifle and a 3.4x sight because I'm hopeless at CQB regardless of what I'm wearing or what class I am. Just tonight I was playing HA, ran around the side of a building following an NC, and let fly, got lots of hit markers...he turned around and gacked me with what I think is the NC base carbine (AS19?) in nothing flat. And as usual I forgot to hit the shield overcharge. Light armor infantry with carbine > heavy assault trooper with LMG, apparently. (Well, when I'm the heavy assault trooper with the LMG, that's actually a true statement.)

And yes, I know TR automatic weapons are supposed to be a spray-and-prayers wet dream but I can't hit the broad side of a Galaxy with them, either. I've lost count of the times I've raked a guy with the TRAC-5 and let the muzzle climb walk hits what looks like all over him--I'm talking from the hip at 15m or less--and not gotten a single marker. I think the first rail cert I'll get for the carbine is a laser sight, that's supposed to help, right?
  18. Cedj

TTK is not the problem here. It's more than reasonably long, in a real combat scenario. (not standing still with a barrel in your bottom)

The real enemy is: CLIENT SIDE HIT DETECTION.

On your screen you die in a split second by what feels like 3 bullets, enemy fired 3 bursts at you.

The fact AAA shooters are still using this in soon to be 2013 makes me want to pull out my hair.

I despised BF3 for this, but I have a little more tolerance for this game, mostly because vehicle combat is much better.
    But if they lie they ***** off like DICE did, promising to fix it and ending up not doing a damn thing about it, I'll just find another game where I can kill people, preferably one they can fight back in.
  19. Cyanide

Solution: Equip the T-9 Carv.