Sniping... What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Cl1mh4224rd, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Cl1mh4224rd

Is it normal for the various sniper rifles to have an absolutely ridiculous amount of sway? How are you supposed to line up a shot when your cross hair is meandering around the screen? Is there some way to cut that down? What am I missing?

:(
  2. Infinity24k

Uhm... try the shift button, bro :) You could have asked this ingame, I guess someone would have known the answer either :)
    Anyway good luck
  3. Morpholine

Left shift = hold breath (when scoped, as an infiltrator) for a short time, steadying your aim.
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

Yeah, I just read about this in another thread. I see now that it's in the Keybinding menu as "Sprint/Hold Breath". Man...

Thanks, both of you.
  5. SGTTEMPEST

Side note, I would really like to see the two functions removed from the same button. That way I could have Caps lock as toggle sprint and use shift for holding my breath.
  6. Tnsr

Delay between holding breath and steady crosshair is ******* too long for real sniping.
  7. Worthless

or you could get used to it, the crosshairs always never have a discontinuous velocity. Its become second nature to me to compensate for the motion. Strafe to line up the horizontal a little and use the mouse to focus primarily on the vertical for the headshot. Or throw all your concentration to line up the horizontal as best you can to go for the easy body shots. Hitting a running target is just down to a bit of luck between lag and how much they like to run in a straight line. Dunno if it is something to be proud of but I'm rocking a 43% accuracy according to the ingame tracker