Friendly fire in a tank is ********

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ByteMeh, Nov 25, 2012.

1. ByteMeh

If a idiot gets infront of my shell its my fualt.. Sony you have brains use them stop using the brain power of a ******. I can understand certain situations where you should get weapons lock if its intensional but friendly fire and weapons lock if someone runs infront of you and dies or they cross your shells path when you fire..

Also on another note:

If you are the first Sunderer in the area and deploy and allowing people to spawn along with resuppling your friendly vechicles when the shield to the base comes down there should be a grace period for the persons sunderer thats been there the hole time to advance and redeploy and not get ninja'ed by a noob exp wore.
  2. Roobarb

Check your fire. People will run in front of you all the time, it isn't intentional, but it happens. Deal with it. Weapons lock was a lot worse in closed beta, you should be thankful it's this lenient.

On your other note:

I have no idea what you're saying. Surely you, as a Sunderer driver, should be aware of what's going on around you the whole time. Again, deal with it.

In other words, fight harder, cry less.
    • Up x 1
  3. Davelantor

So far i been a ruthless driver ... my outfit knows, if someone is standing on the middle of the road and he is directly on our path ... I will not stop or even divert a single degree from my path and will yell "HONK HONK mother *****" on proxy chat
    People should have learned this **** in elementary school, if it is going to take a few road kills to remind them of this. So be it.
    So far i never got weapons lock from road killing
    • Up x 1
  4. Garrix

Ehm... I can understand someone running in front of your tank and dying, but 'getting in front of your shell'? Are you serious? That's just bad shooting mate, nothing to do with 'some idiot.' I'd look closer to home.
  5. Freyar

I've had morons walk in front of my active tank. I've had morons walk in front of my half-empty magazine on my carbine as I'm holding the trigger. People are stupid, and they will stay that way for a long time.
  6. psioniq

This made me laugh - who's the xp *snip* again?

Lets stop the advance completely, so you can get your wheels to the new location and get that creamy xp yourself..
  7. Saiidin

I constantly warn people in [p] that if they run in front of me when I am scoped and firing, I WILL blow their heads off and it's their own damn fault.

I have yet to be weapon locked because most of them don't know how to shut off voice and get the message :) I didn't even get weapon locked in beta...though I did actively avoid spawning tanks at crowded terminals back then...
  8. KlyptoK

I've had a few times where people jump off the wall next to me or just jump up for no reason and be right in front of my tank barrel after I've already clicked..
  9. Zapon

LOL

If they can hear you- wonder what their reaction is(well, they're probably killd too fast to do much , sadly)

OH, and Horns are a good idea to add
  10. wolfva

You can't fix human stupidity. Why people keep insisting on SOE doing the impossible I dunno.
  11. Vellsi

Well, you see, in beta I was very worried about weapon lock. Now that the game has launched I drove over plenty of people, shot them, threw granades they ran into them for no reason, landed on them (gently) or tested MAX melee damage on their head and yet I have not gotten weapon locked a single time. As such I'm fully fine with friendly fire.

The only issue I have is griefing by enemies who create new chars to harass me after I ganked them repeatedly. Then again I can at least flame them properly, which makes up for that. :3
  12. Xandax

Friendly fire is fun. It should not be lessened.
    • Up x 1
  13. Lowerydro

You will start to get used to it. As infantry you run wherever you want and don't really think of what is around you.

You have to learn that when you get in a tank you have to watch the mini map, use "T" to get an outside view, and stop for anyone that might cut in front of you.

In beta I hated it because it was about rushing from one place to another but then you learn to slow down a little. That infantry you ran over might be the guy that kills the heavy with the rocket that was going to shoot you....
  14. ElementalFiend

Been playing since beta started. I have a ton of time in all three tanks. I've never been weapon locked.

Check your fire.
  15. Dcrd

It's quite casual for me to sitting there sniping , like, you know, you run on a hill - see some good targets and stand, strafe a little, for a moment to aim and shoot. And some idiot rides over me on his tank. Another case - crown fight on Indar, I try to hack a front turret, so I can use it and kill plenty of tanks which ride directly infront of me, so I can hit their backs with ease. Then it's either no tanks for defenders, or they'll have to attack their own turret. But instead of letting me do this some ****** shoots me with his tank.

I often see near the same crown those funny situations where people are standing behind a rock near a bridge hiding from enemy fire, sometimes taking a peek and trying to hit someone, when suddenly a wild magrider appears and crashes into this crowd killing 10 people at the very least, because HE NEED TO HIDE THERE FROM THE TURRET FIRE.

And I see dozens of such situations each day. And that's why I want vehicles to need to be certed in, and have triple the cooldown and cost at the very least. 99% of tank drivers shouldn't be allowed to use tanks, as they're free exp for an enemy and nothing but harm for their allies.
  16. Rune

This is why we need greater grief gain.
  17. FieserMoep

I like those selfish tankers that say "I am a driver, I have to save my tank...yalla yalla" though I wonder what makes saving your tank more valuable than saving the live of the infantry you just crushed? Hell, next time a tank is in my way I place 2 C4s on his rear armor. Why? Because I give a **** about awareness and he was just in my way, thats why.

Hell, I even placed my self a sundy to resupply, placed 2 C4s on the Road in front of a Base to kill all Tanks that crushed Infantry though they could have avoided that by waiting for 5 seconds or takin a little turn around.
  18. JeanLannes

I am almost always in a MBT or Lightning giving my outfit armor support...and I have on occasion hit friendlies (both by driving and from shots) and I have never had my weapons locked.

I can get that it is frustrating when people stupidly walk in front of you or into your field of fire but that's the game. I think when it comes to friendly fire it is really an all or nothing deal - we either have it or we don't. And in my opinion I don't want to see it removed, it adds a great element of realism, it makes me check my fire in case I would hit friendlies.

In short: I sympathise with the OP but disagree, friendly fire should stay as it is. :)
  19. VKhaun

If you hit someone, it is your fault. The end.

We need grief points cranked up, because every night there are more threads like this with people blaming every single kind of team attack on 'those idiots'. If you are getting weaponslocked, you shouldn't be using whatever it is you're using that's getting you grief. Simple as that. Friendly fire is specifically put into games to affect decision making. Blaming other people just means you're a prime candidate for a system to enforce those decisions.
  20. Smudge202

I've run over a few people with various vehicles by accident. If infantry run out in front, I do try to stop/avoid (can't always be helped).

If infantry swarm the thing I'm firing at, I stop firing at it. Love seeing people on this thread getting god-complex in their tanks.

I know it's only a game, but consider RL. No matter how advantageous you think it is for you to fire at a target instead of the guys on the ground doing it, if they get in the way, tough. Move on or attempt to provide support for them. Firing at it anyway and getting mad over friendly fire... <3 it.