VS Infantry Weapons Need A Nerf Bad

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DockHoliday, Nov 25, 2012.

1. DockHoliday

I know the phrase "Things seem greener on the other side of the fence." usually ring true about complaining about the enemy faction weapons, but I play TR currently as my main faction and I'd have to say the VS weapons are way too overpowered as the game currently stands. To be fair I went over and tried the NC, VS Infantry weapons to see if I was imagining things. The VS Pulsar, Orion and the Solstice are too accurate and the rate of fire is still a bit to quick. It was crazy playing VS as I mowed through 4-5 NC / TR Infantry at a time on 1-2 magazines with various VS classes. The highest killstreak I had in an active infantry battle was 10 kills - 1 death and I am definitely not good at killing people in a gun fight. NC Infantry weapons seem pretty balanced at the moment compared to TR weapons. I hope a weapon balance will be rolled out soon because at this rate logging in and seeing VS population at a 50% constant to the rest of NC / TR pop at 34% roughly is disheartening. Knowing how people flock to whats most powerful makes sense as to why everyone is playing VS these days. Devs if your reading this, Please balance the Infantry Weapons soon.
  2. NostalgiaForInfinity

3. Prideful

Yes VS weps have high RoF and accuracy, but bear in mind the damage drop off is pretty much in front of your feet. If anything is overpowered it's th T9 Carv TR heavies get, it's TTK is WAAAAAAAY to quick thank god i havent ran into it much lately.
  4. NostalgiaForInfinity

Well, I felt a lot more accurate with TR default heavy than with the VS default heavy rifle. And I survived a lot more of my close-quarter encounters than with VS. So, I dunno...
  5. MasterIQ2

as I stated in the other post OMG OPINIONS RUN!!!~!!.

o_O I fully endorse ppl trying all 3 factions before they drop that 150000SC they bought on black friday... or those ppl who missed the sale and spent 50 bucks on 50SC 2 hours before the sale hit. *ducks for cover*
  6. Phyr

I had the opposite experience. Started out on VS, tried out TR and mowed people down. If everyone thinks the other side is stronger then it must be balanced.
  7. VKhaun

Don't go there, or you lose your whole argument.
    The data says very clearly that the TTK difference is measured in the tens of miliseconds. Human reaction time is 200-250 miliseconds. There is no disadvantage in the carbines, assault rifles, or shotguns. The data is just so close you could never notice it. The only place there's a tangible imbalance is in the LMG's and of course the jackhammer.

NC weapons need to be bursted. People think this makes them weaker because they're 'not shooting' for a sec and losing rate of fire, but the weapon itself has accuracy separate from the iron sights being on target. If you burst your TTK actually gets faster because you are hitting the target more reliably.
  8. Fox234

TR complaining about the VS. Theres something new. Its like Goliath b*tching about David.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kairus

I can't believe it, a TR complaining that another faction has OP weapons.
    • Up x 1
  10. phoboss

This thread made me lol. If anything need nerfing, its TR weapons...
    • Up x 1
  11. MasterIQ2

But #s are #s and used in perfectly controlled situations. And my post is not invalid almost all of the ppl crying 1 way or the other are based on opinions.

Thing is no situation is every 100% controlled by the #s even if you give them the perfect setup a person who is "bad" at the style of gun will still perform worse.

Also there ARE tons of ppl on all sides doing Just fine because again skill is often>#s. But please don't think im just trolling #s matter but they are never the full story.

Edit: For my amazing almost 4 am Engrish!
  12. Rune

OP is trolling
  13. VKhaun

lol you can't have it both ways. If you want to say everyone else is giving opinions and somehow you're posting facts that SoE needs to nerf things, you need to have a reason. Your statement has to be based on something.

No one said a situation is controlled by numbers. People are saying one team has an advantage over the other because of numbers on the guns, and I'm saying that's not true. The numbers aren't giving any advantage in the carbine, assault rifle, or shotgun weapons. The worst NC carbine fired on full auto where it misses a ton, TTK is 400ms slower than the fastest TTK carbine in the game. Again, using it badly and firing full auto.

400ms. Human reaction time is only 200-250ms. That's you're margin to blame the gun. You would have to fire at eachother at the EXACT SAME TIME and both aim PERFECTLY to claim his gun won by a margin within human reaction time, and he would have less than a third of his HP left. That is never going to happen. I can count on one hand how many times that's happened since I bought into beta.

LMG's and the Jackhammer obviously need work, but calling an entire faction underpowered is fantasy. The only thing holding back the NC population is the stigma among the player base that they're underpowered.
  14. MasterIQ2

im not the OP... nor was I in the other thread lol. I never said nerf anyone! That would make me a meanie!

15. Daiyousei

I play all three factions. They are situational.

I play VS to be able to fire full auto from long range (on a heavily upgraded weapon) and get kills
    I play TR to be able to fire full auto at short range and kill faster
    I play NC to fire in bursts at any range and kill faster.

The different races suit different play styles. I'm adaptable. I like VS the most because of the mag and scythe. I like NC second most because of their carbines and sniper rifles. I like TR last because of their carv and the skep gun.
  16. Spude

Okay, i have been playing on all three factions and i can say all the factions are balanced.
    You can kill ppl with every single faction.

Sometimes you fight versus better players and that feels like your guns are ( UP) or sometimes there are some derps and u kill tons of em and then u think the guns are ( OP ).

ALL ARE BALANCED
  17. GTGD

Listen to VKhaun, he's spouting truth all over this topic. The VS finally have weapons that are competitive. Many VS players have been loyal for years despite the butt-pounding nerfs they had dealt with. In order to stay competitive, these VS trained with those crap weapons and developed strategies to put them in a more advantageous position to overcome their handicap. Now these VS were finally given competitive weaponry (minus the lasher...yuck), and it is like the weights were taken off the bat.
  18. Jourmand1r

Everyone should be burst firing with all weapons.