Fastest way to kill a new game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DigitalKiller, Nov 24, 2012.

1. DigitalKiller

Release it after a year of beta broken, with no idea how to fix it besides blaming the people having the problem. Devs stop trying to cover your own *****, you screwed up the game, and you have no idea how to fix it. If people knew that the game devs were at least trying to fix this problem and not cover it up, then it wouldn't be so bad. But being told that its your own fault for having a game crash every 5 minutes when you know damn well it isn't???

Say bye bye to the planetside fan base that has been loyal for a decade, or take responsibility for your own MAJOR screw up and stop trying to sweep this issue under the rug.
  2. Nocturnal7x

whats broken for you?
  3. DigitalKiller

Same thing as 1000s of other people, the game. It crashes every 5-10 minutes and the ps2 team are acting like nothings wrong. They haven't even acknowledged the problem, even though its been a major problem since the games release.
  4. Darkfire255

A year?, I was able to get in day one of beta (after tech test), and I can tell you it didn't start a year ago. Just looked back through emails, found the beta invitation 7th of August was the first day of beta (I'm in Australia could be different for other people).
    • Up x 1
  5. Nocturnal7x

I see. Post your specs, maybe they will respond, Ive seen devs respond.
  6. Anethma

Why would the game die?
    Planetside 1 is still up and running, and Planetside 2 will be played for years to come.
    If you're having so many problems it's most likely that your computer is **** and needs an upgrade.

I've only had a few random crashes on release day, and it's been running cleanly since.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tesonis

Planetside 2 will be played for years to come, but the question is will people pay for years to come.
    Being a free to play game, it will be financially dependent on roughly 5-10% of the total players who pay. With a player base similar to planetside 1, this game cannot possibly sustain itself.
  8. DigitalKiller

Ya beta was released August 3rd, excuse me for exaggerating the length of the beta. But whether or not the beta was released a month ago, 4 months ago, or a year ago. It doesn't change the fact that they took 9 years to release a new planetside, 4 years to develop it, 4 months for beta, and 1 mistake to ruin it.

"If you're having so many problems it's most likely that your computer is **** and needs an upgrade." lmao dude, I ran PS1 along with everquest at the same time on my computer without any lag. I would sit in bazaar on my trader making plat with everquest, while playing PS1 max graphics in giant battles and 0 lag. Somehow i really doubt that my computer is the problem here.
  9. Dankshasta

Planetside 2 set an entire new precedent for FPS this week. It's unique, and none of us have ever been in firefights anything like the ones we've seen in just the chaotic first few days, of one of the biggest game launches in memory. Launch was pretty decent all things considered. Honestly I think people should be looking at the upside pf the FPS woes. It's CPU usage that is the biggest problem. PS2 starts about a million threads on your CPU, an dthen some of them have to wait around for the information other threads have, so they are log jamming waiting on one another. That's not as bad as a real hardware problem. That can be optimised, code can be rewritten, shortcuts can be added.

My suggestion to the OP would be to go play some other game since you think so little of PS2 at the moment. Go play the little 30 man team BF3 maps a few thousand times while they work out the kinks here, man....you'll be back to Aurakis sooner or later ;)
  10. DigitalKiller

There was a game long before this one, a game with massive battles with 100s of soldiers and tanks and planes on each side fighting, with about 15 different gigantic open world battlefields, and underground caverns. What was the name of that game??....OHHHH thats right, it was called PLANETSIDE. DURRRRR
  11. DigitalKiller

And seeing that the first planetside was released a decade ago, This new planetside doesn't impress me at all. Its the exact same as the first planetside, just with better graphics, different bases, and ALOT less worlds to fight on. Oh and instead of all the planes being open to every empire, they cheaped out and made 1 plane for each empire.

Wow, glad i waited 9 years for this to come out.
  12. Hatamoto

But see when it comes to crashing, i think it might have something to do with your computer as well ... wont blame it fully, but people in general do not know how to look after / tweak their systems for stability. I say this because with the rig im on now, well maintained with procedures ive used for years, and i VERY rarely experience crashing with any game. Look over windows services, update windows, update drivers, clean registry, error check disks, defrag registry, defrag HD ... when updating drivers; clean up old driver files and registry entries ... driver cleaner can do it nicely.

Not wanting to sound like a jerk, but I really think some of this crashing can be stopped by doing a little self-servicing on your computer.
  13. Diamond Sword

When exactly has SOE blamed performance on those having issues? :rolleyes:
  14. Veratu SOE

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues and that you feel the dev team isn't involved or acknowledging the issues.

You may want to try this link when you login to the forums each day: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?recent-activity/

Have you opened a ticket with support?
  15. MistaN

Not true. Beta had more players than Planetside 1 ever had and on launch day, Planetside 2 had 3x the amount of players that it had in the beta.

And most ppl didnt play it, Derp
  16. DigitalKiller

I keep my computer very well up to date. I buy new graphics cards every 6 months to keep my computer up to par with the graphics in alot of these games. I am also very tech friendly when it comes to keeping my computer safe and secure, as well as up to date. I don't crash on any other game besides the rare ".exe has stopped working", and when i say rare, i mean every 6-12 months i might get 1 game crash. I also did a full system scan / defrag / registry cleanup / driver update check, along with a planetside 2 validation and reinstall after the first crash on planetside2, yet nothing has changed. I know its not my computer, and seeing that the problem has ranged from vista to xp to windows 8, from 32-bit systems to 64-bit, it seems more likely that its a planetside problem rather then a computer problem
  17. DigitalKiller

For what? For them to tell me its my fault and that i need to re-install planetside then try again? Been there done that.
  18. zgunner

Well of course it did. Planetside 1 launch was barely even known. I didn't hear about PS1 until months after it came out.
  19. Anethma

That remains to be seen.
    The pay if you want model is an interesting choice given that Planetside is a bit of a niche game in comparison to other games in the market.
    I'll happily slip SOE a 20 every few weeks so long as they continue to improve the game, I'm sure a fair chunk of the community feel the same way.
  20. MrBetrayer

I play on my laptop and I've never crashed... Sooo yeah... Just putting that out there..