50% SC offer after just 2 days ? all who buyed before "gnaar!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kabs1982, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Kabs1982

Still waiting for the answer from you support guys why i couldnt see the offer and what youre gonna do about it for all the steam users with german language.

what if i and thousands of steam users with german language miss any of the future offers cauz this ?
  2. CHEF

The rest of the world does not have black Friday. More countries do not celebrate the christian holiday of Christmas than do. Easy to express my feeling through my credit card, no problem.
    FYI Spent $2,200 on world of tanks in the last 10 months.
  3. Pashgan

Yup - SOE just made me feel stupid for buying alpha squad week before (which gave me "free" weapons which cost ~ 150 certificates or like 1 day of gaming).

Not going to make same mistake again - now I'll wait for x3 discount before buying SC. Christmas?
    • Up x 1
  4. LocknLoadnDie

People are too damn spoiled.

You bought SC for items in game and you probably already used it. It was worth the money. Many people, and I mean MANY PEOPLE, realized that BLACK FRIDAY was close at hand and figured they would have a special deal. They did. People bought more SC then.

They are not duty bound to tell you that they will have another deal in X amount of days or hours. While I can understand the frustration, I have to honestly /headdesk at the people who could not comprehend the idea that they would have a sale on Black Friday, when 99% of the Stores in America, and many companies online, do as well.

News Flash: Cyber Monday is coming. They may do it again then.

Also, I bought some SC before the announcement. Was I mad? No. I made the decision because I really wanted something. I bought more SC after the announcement.
    • Up x 1
  5. Audit

So are you mad that I got triple station cash a few weeks ago? This is a dumb thread.
  6. Mansen

I said no such thing. :rolleyes:

The 2x deal was advertised you have nothing to complain about.
  7. Kabs1982

Mansen u dont get it that i couldnt even see the advertisement in my launcher do you ?

so no, it wasnt advertised to me.

thats the problem to complain about!

i just had the luck that a friend was telling me half an hour before it ended.

in fact its stubborn enough that some guys with same launcher cant see the offer and others can.

or do u think its good that maybe some guys buyed the SC for more money since they couldnt see the offer ?

now i would be appreciate if some of you guys even try to read the full text and not only the half.
  8. Kabs1982

still the fact that not everyone lives in america and know something about black friday...

still i couldnt see the offer in same launcher as my friend just because i have german language activated.....
  9. Mansen

So let us sum this up shall we?

You are mad about the launcher - which you have switched to German - which incidentally falls under PSG control (since they handle all european customers) and that you managed to miss a well advertised offer (It has been all over forums, websites and I don't know what else) because of this?

SOE are no more to blame for this than PSG are. You changed the launcher to the European region - the fact that you chose to stay an american customer while changing your launcher to reflect otherwise is not their responsibility.
  10. DuoMax

Wait until Christmas, there will probably be another triple day..
  11. Kabs1982

nope youre totally wrong.

first off i run the game over steam. the launcher has nothing to do with PSG there.

It cant be that well advertised if not anyone can see the offer. Dont say well just because u could see it and beeing 24h on the forums.

Yes for sure i am still playing with my Beta Account. Why not ? Also as known PSG had much problems with login. Blame me for that ?

So you saying if i made my language on the launcher to german it is my fault since i didnt use magical powers to know there is a offer i couldnt see ?

if i change the launcher beeing started over steam, its the same f.. window. nothing about PSG and such. So how comes my friend can see the offer and i not? that should been nothing to do with PSG. For me this all looks like a problem with communications between SOE and Steam.

Also just if it really would been the fail of PSG, looking on thoose login problems etc. why isnt SOE doing anything to prevent their customers gettin ripped off ?

BTW. i didnt miss the offer since i lucky had a friend told me about it half hour before end. So i am not mad that i missed it. Dont say any crap if you guys cant read the whole thread. But i would be if i miss anything good in future. And i think there´s alot of other guys that would be too.

Thats for sure is a point where i can give my feedback wich isnt really good to that behaivor of all this muddled things.
  12. efx00

Gnarr! That is all.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mansen

I can support this entirely.
  14. Kabs1982

hahahahaha you two mates are the best of all. No more arguments, then just trying to rage me. sooo cute :)
  15. TerroDragon23

In beta time before release there were a day were you got 3x Station cash.
  16. Shardath

GERMAN USERS, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/you-could-have-made-so-much-money-today.51455/

TL;DR:
    If you have a german IP (doesn't matter if SOE-account or Pro7-account) you couldn't buy SC on black friday in the first place.
    This offer was America-only, but noone cared about informing non-americans about this.
    It's Pro7s fault because they forced a lot of players to use an SOE-account since their game-clients didn't work.

Funfact: Pro7 is a TV-channel-company, not a game-company. So to me it is not that surprising that they make a lot of mistakes with games - it's just not what the company was made for.
  17. Mansen

1. The offer was only available to accounts on the SOE system (which means the American continents) - this also includes anyone who has played the beta or have purchased Alpha Squad as they are by default SOE accounts. Whichever MOD gave the "Your IP address is from germany etc.." is obviously talking out of his backside. I know of an entire european outfit who are European SOE customers who have not had a single issue.

2. Only people who have registered European accounts post launch or who have moved their accounts away from SOE to PSG are considered "non-american" - or rather they are considered European. Either way this was an SOE only deal. PSG is completely in charge of any deals for the European clientele.

3. Pro7 is a Television company - AND have recently moved onto the market of game hosting and administration. Yes the launch was rather problematic - but I can think of similar critical issues in just about every MMO launch since ever.
  18. Shardath

@Mansen
    Well, it's your word against the costumer-support. Then again you are right, there are people who live in germany that could purchase SC for the black-friday-prices. I am beginning to think the mods don't know more then we do. But if you check out my thread you will certainly understand where my "WRONG WRONG WRONG" conclusions come from. I have to play detective here.
  19. Kabs1982

Well so here we come to the facts:

- beta account users was able to buy SC for the discount (as me)

- still couldnt see the offer when running the launcher over steam with german language (as me)

- users with PSG account couldnt buy with discount (fail)

- SOE generelly isnt in charge of european offers (fail)

- SOE generally doesnt even want non US people to have the same discount (fail)

=

- same discounts for every account around the world (way to go)

- everyone around the world with whatever launcher and language can see all the special offers (even better)

I mean come on, were all playing the same Game. Why shouldnt we all have the same requirements?

Didnt saw any game wich does it like that.

its just sad. And as for that its really a point to complain about after beeing confused.

Not as for US acc. and englisch language users.

2 sides. one messy, one not. thats a bad fact too.
  20. Shardath

>- users with PSG account couldnt buy with discount (fail)

Like Madsen said: WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. Some could, some can note, these who can not are told noone from PSG can. Thats where the true mystery lies. :eek: