Can't aim & shoot w/ controller

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ShoutHouse, Nov 20, 2012.

1. ShoutHouse

I have the xbox controller mapped and everything works except when I attempt to aim I am not simultaneously able to shoot.
    Is this a known issue?
  2. shadowmantis

umm.. yes.... this game is designed for mouse and keyboard and has ZERO native controller support....

why would you want to hinder yourself anyway and play with a controller.....
    • Up x 1
  3. Kaysin

Same issue with mine, figured out that its probably the way it was mapped in the game. Axis - with Axis + at the same time cancels eachother out instead of complimenting eachother. I found that if you mapped say right stick to shoot when pressed, it worked. Too much trouble though, I only use it for vehicles, when you're on the ground i find that the precision of a mouse and keyboard is necessary in this game.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tullerion

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  5. ShoutHouse

Well that is unfortunate. I'm glad to know that this is just a known issue instead of it being only me. Now I don't have to troubleshoot. Until the controller support is added I don't know that I'll be too interested though, which is kind of a bummer.
  6. FeelinOrgasmik

I am having the exact same problem its making the game very hard because the guns scatter a lot, I messaged PS2 and they sent me here..........how very helpful they are, also I have key binded the weapon mode and change gun it will only work once then it will not work again till I die, which is averaged every 20 seconds -,-, will there be some type of support or update to fix these issues?
  7. Bronboa

I'm also having this problem and I find very difficult to take the game seriously if the best advice the community can offer is "OHMYGERD, WHY AIN'T YOU USING MOUSE AND KEYBOARD." Its incredibly unhelpful and you are only going to turn people away from the game if you don't acknowledge their issues.
  8. Imperialus

Maybe because the game really, really isn't set up for a controller...

I mean think about it. You've got 4 or 5 different voice channels alone, up to 3 weapons, 3 utility slots, a class ability, no native aim assist, a good chance that any aim assist you add using 3rd party software will get picked up as an aimbot, plus the need to use a keyboard to communicate without a mic.

Face it, PS2 is not a console port. It was not designed with a controller in mind.
    • Up x 2
  9. TehGuy

I just can't post anything constructive to this.

I can't man.. This is a PC game, designed for the mouse and keyboard. Only thing I can think of that a controller/joystick/what-have-you can be used for is flying.

I mean... ಠ__ಠ
    • Up x 2
  10. Halfbackrugger

i have the same problem. i couldnt find a perfect solution, but by switching Aim from left trigger to left bumper i am able to aim and fire. just a minor adjustment but shouldnt make using a controller too unfamiliar.
  11. St0mpy

i use a controller in my left hand (instead of a kb) and a mouse in the right

call me a mutant but it works for me, best of both worlds imo
    • Up x 1
  12. RobotNinja

What's a controller? :/
  13. RobotNinja

Alright, how about "IT'S NOT NATIVELY SUPPORTED" so don't expect it to work 100%, for some constructive feedback?
  14. Seabottom

If you really wanna play with a controller, download Xpadder and reassing the controller to keyboard buttons. Then go in-game and assign those keys to the right commands. Simple as that.
  15. Darjk

I'm scratching my head as to why you would choose to use a controller. A joystick, maybe, for aircraft but everything else? Doesn't make sense. If you want to use a controller than I don't think anyone will stop you, free kills for us.
    • Up x 3
  16. RankWinner

Even if controllers were supported and all of the buttons worked then I still seriously doubt that you would be able to actually shoot -well, hit- anything. All console games have aim-assist because it is next to impossible to accurately aim with a controller, have fun trying to aim in PS2 without aim assist.
    • Up x 2
  17. Seabottom

This
    • Up x 1
  18. Bronboa

First off, I understand that controllers are not natively supported in this game, but considering that they made it possible to map buttons for a controller yet it conflicts with itself, then it really looks bad on them, its like releasing a translator that only works for half of a language.
    Secondly, I don't think this complaint of precision aiming applies to everyone. Its been awhile since I've played on a console, but I've never had a problem aiming without aim-assist, and i'm not really worried when a fps comes without aim-assist, training wheels will only take you so far.
    Lastly, my main concern here is that this issue is acknowledged and that some sort of fix or method be implemented, as it would be with any given problem. If you decide to post in a thread discussing an issue and you say "It's pointless, use this is instead," then you're not exactly being helpful (BTW thank you Halfbackrugger for mentioning the trigger/bumper switch).
  19. daxmorlo

Lmao i love the people who say "its a pc game controllers are not made for pc games" im sorry but did anyone ever hear of a joystick,what about before consoles, or how about the fact that controllers are a staple of the gaming industry.
    First thing that comes to mind when thinking of a game or console, is a controller. mouse and keyboard are in no way superior to controllers. in fps yes maybe you can aim with the mouse better but the buttons are closer and fit in the hands easier on a keyboard it forces you to sit up and play which is not a game breaker but i would like to chill out when playing a game not be hunched over a desk,try a racing game, flying game,adventure game,Fallout or skyrim.

come on i mean dedicated pc games release controller support no problem all the time. the fact is the game was rushed and it was forgotten about i bet they will patch it eventually but many things need to be fixed before this.
    For anyone that NEEDS a fix download Xpadder or similar software. worked like a charm just not as accurate or presice as native support...plus the game is made by sony the ps3 controller has zero support on pc so i bet they didnt want to advertise 360 controller support
  20. MXXVI

The mutants with the controllers do have a point, fellow mouse-wielders: you aren't being terribly constructive.

I, for one, hope that more people use controllers to play this game in the months ahead!

Let the certs flow, I say.
    • Up x 2