TR sinper rifles M77-B & SR-7

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Solowingpixy233, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Solowingpixy233

Is there any other difference between these two rifles except reload speed?
  2. xpsyclosarinx

I think the one has a higher muzzle velocity.
  3. WILD9

SR-7 Has a higher muzzle velocity (less bullet travel time/drop to target) and rechambers rounds faster but has a slower reload speed. Both will one hit kill with a headshot but the SR-7 is the better rifle out of the 2, I think it costs more though.
  4. zijin_cheng

Doesn't the SR-7 cost like 500certs while the M77B cost only about 100?
    Also does the M77B come with a scope?
  5. Vepo

I'm in love with my SR-7. The amount of long range headshots I get ... well it makes me scream like a little girl over vent/teamspeak/skype!

I'm just trying to figure out if I should stay with my 8x scope or go higher.
  6. Cer0

Definitely go with the 12x... It makes bullet drop much easier to manage and helps a bit with the one glaring issue that Infs have... render range. I can sit on the land bridge at the Crown on Indar and snipe down into that valley for days.
    • Up x 1
  7. Vepo

Thanks for the information Cer0 :)
  8. Xandax

I tried the x12 - I didn't like it. Looses too much view IMO. I'm currently using the x10 and it does quite well in both long and medium range.... of course I suck pretty bad so each kill is a win for me - but with the x12 - any enemy movement meant I was over adjusting the rifle movement.
    I've also not noticed much difference in managing bullet drop with x10 and x12.

So x10 for me from now on on the 7.
  9. SketchyGalore

I've been wondering this exact same thing, so I did a trial of each gun and made a youtube video out of each of them performing well:

M77-B:
    SR-7:

My conclusion is that they're VERY similar. So similar that if you didn't splurge on Black Friday station cash sales (guilty) I wouldn't bother spending the extra 900 cert points on the SR-7. However, after going back and forth between the two videos over and over... and over, I can notice a shorter time between shot and contact for the SR-7 and a slightly slower bolt-pull between shots. It also has a slightly deeper firing sound... if you're that picky. Bolt-actions aren't really supposed to be about rapid firing, so if the two guns were the same cost, I'd go with the SR-7.

Personally, I think I might go ahead and buy the SR-7 and use it like crazy to justify the cost... give it a nickname or something.

Edit: One more thing I just noticed playing the videos side-by-side: SR-7 has an awesome TR decal on the back!
    • Up x 1
  10. JimmYPT

11. Sev the Samurai

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I couldn't possibly recommend the SR-7 enough. Even with the new RAMS out, I'm still going to stick with the SR-7. The RAMS still needs 2+ body shots on infantry, same as the SR-7. The damage increase is minimal, and both will still kill with 1 headshot on anything but a Max (Excluding momentarily shielded Heavy's). The SR-7 is just riddled with awe inspiring badassery. It's so badass, it's worthy of custom decaling.
  12. Caspartine

The main reason to go for the RAMS is the bullet velocity increase. It may seem minimal, but:
    I played with M77-B since launch, it's actually a weapon, where you can be proud of yourself to HS someone @300m, becasue the bullet drop and thus the need to compensate for it is quite noticable. The SR-7 is much more simple to shoot, and now with RAMS, there is a 100m/s increase compared to M77-B. Where with M77 I had to compensate 1,5 mil-dots, RAMS is a direct HS while aiming at the forehead. If there really will be a fix, or increase, in the infantry render distance, as Smed anounced it in the "State of the game" thread, the high velocity rifles will become even more powerfull, cause M77-B @500m is roughly 4-5 mil-dots compensation and almost a whole second till the bullet hits the target.
  13. Manetheren

That just need you need more skill with the M77B :) I'm totally satisfied with it, and what can SR-7 do that M77B can't? Nothing.
  14. sladuog

Great post, that'll be helpful for others considering these weapons.
  15. Syphers

Im about to buy one I'll probably pick the RAMS to use the silencer in my lonewolf missions
  16. Mustarde

Here's an excerpt from my weapons guide:

I think the SR-7 is a slightly better version of the M77B, without the reloading downsides of the rams.50. I use it extensively with pleasure