Share your Experience with Diferent Sniper Rifles .

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Sotos, Nov 21, 2012.

1. PanzerGoddess

been using the KSAR atm, great rifle, nice little touch with the 4x ch scope. Great stopping power and excellent bullet speed and accuracy for med/long distance. Used the 77B during beta and loved it but this the ksar seems to be working great, however if it had a higher X scope be nice, would not mind up to 8x
  2. Pashgan

I've tried V10 and XM98 + bolt action NC rifle (don't recall the name) in beta - my latest V10 feels a bit more precise than others. Or it's just me become better sniper over time (I didn't play FPS for like 10 years)
  3. Rebur

I'm only experienced with the NC Snipers for now but with the the Bolt is fine starter weapon. I would recommend a upgrade to the LA80 when you get the opportunity though for less drop on bullets. I need to get back to the other factions and try theirs out. Last time I went Vanu was during earlier beta and I was effected by a weird bug where instead of the bullet dropping the bullet rose in the air and I said no I don't want a part of that lol.
  4. Inu

I believe the ghost has the advantage of quickest time between shots as a bolt action. Could be wrong. Think it's supposed to make up for limited scopes.
  5. Timeraider

NC -> LA80 with a 12 zoom scope. Its amazing, the distance you can shoot from is so incredibly massive, the bulletdrop is hardly any trouble once you get used to it and even shooting moving people feels like a breeze :p (well.. when moving it wont always be a headshot, but the reload should be quick enough to get another bullet before he gets behind something)
    It almost feels as if you could shoot someone out of rendering range, it feels like a sniper :p
  6. KingCrimson

Anyone know the difference between the M77-B and SR-7 bolt action sniper rifles for the TR?

I can't see a difference between them except the m77 is 100certs the SR-7 is 1000 and the m77 reloads quicker..

Also really curious as to how the TSAR works (bolt action, long range, but uses short range scopes).
  7. Pyros

As far as the datamined info was concerned, there is only 3 stats that differ between these. I actually checked it out before launch to figure out which to buy. Do note that all 3 are bolt action and all the factions have exactly the same rifles(in stats) when it comes to these, but there migth be other differences(don't know if they kept the old VS damage drop thing or not, I didn't really notice it during beta but I didn't snipe much).

The TSAR has a projectile speed of 500, a chamber rearm time of 1350(time between shots) and a reload time of 2600
    The M77 has a projectile speed of 550, a chamber rearm time of 1500 and a reload time of 3500
    The SR-7 has a projectile speed of 600, a chamber rearm time of 1250 and a reload time of 3750

For long range sniping the SR-7 is basically superior in all aspects. The M77 is apparently inferior in everything both in medium and long range so there might be hidden stuff that wasn't shown in the data. The TSAR is closer to the scout rifles, it reloads a lot faster but with a lower projectile speed it's less useful at long range.

For VS names, the TSAR is the Ghost, the M77 is the XM98 and the SR-7 is the V10. I haven't checked the NC stuff in details since I didn't plan on playing NC, but the starting rifle is the equivalent of the M77(the middle speed one).
  8. Vanon

I played eng/LA most of beta. The NC automatic's recoil is usually terribad, so i started using a shotgun with a 3.4x and slug ammo, which turns it into a 3-4 shot kill as long as you can aim. That being said, i decided to pick up the shadow in hopes it would be similar for the inf. It's scary how superior it is. I picked up the 3.4x red dot, and quite regularly i'll invis, slip past the enemy, and destealth behind a group, and shoot them in the back. It's scary how effective it is. At range, i can simply point and shoot, and it's almost always a 3 hit kill. This is by far the best gun i've found.

I've also tried the l80, which i don't like. I hate that its not a one hit kill, unless its a head shot, and until i unlock the 12x it's not so great. I do like the semi auto snipers. I get alot of hit markers snipeing but without the semi auto, they usually get behind cover fast enough, or i miss the follow up shot.

The standard NC gun i'm not a fan of either.
  9. Thanatar

since my friends swapped from nc to tr lately, i appreciate this information very much. thank you.
  10. Ymaros

Where did you get these informations? I would be happy to check the NC one, since for example, there is no difference in the description, betwin the standard bolt action NC, and the LA80. So we knwo there is less bullet drop and more bullet speed travel, but we don't know what is not good with this LA80 thing.
  11. Galneon

LA80 simply has slower chamber and reload time I believe. I don't believe the damage is different from the Bolt Driver.
  12. zijin_cheng

Wow that's amazing. Can anyone else vouch for that?
  13. ThElement078

How is the NC Impetus?
  14. Pyros

All bolt action do the same dmg, which is 1hit for headshot or 2hits for bodyshot, I posted the various stats that differ between them already. The M77 is the best option in terms of price but the SR7 has better stats(it is very expensive though).

As for people asking where I found the stats, they were from the datamined info post on reddit that was posted in the last few days of beta. Search for The definitive damage and TTK of all weapons or something like that.
  15. anaverageguy

No they don't.. do they? Either they don't, or there IS damage degradation over range unlike what someone earlier posted. Or both. During beta and after launch, I've found that getting hit on the body with a bolt action (and I know it's a bolt action because it said so when I died) was not the same for Vanu and NC.
    Vanu always hit more lightly so that if I regenerated shields, I could take another bolt action shot to the body without dying outright. Never, even after launch, have I been unable to survive two bolt action shots after regenerating shields. NC's bolt action, however, does so much damage through the shield that even if I regenerate shields, the next shot is a guaranteed kill. There was a time during beta when I was hit by an NC sniper rifle and had more than half hp left, but it was a gun name I did not recognize, not the bolt driver. I think it was the semi-auto.
    Who cares what the stats say.. it's the actual damage output that matters.
  16. littlesquaredot

i got a nyx with a 4x scope on it and its pretty nice compared to the stock gun.
  17. Rune

Ah good to see another Nyx'er just got a 4x scope for it myself after using the 6x and reflex for a while. cant wait to try it out. And yeah, Nyx makes you prepared for any situation wo having to switch weapons.
  18. Ymaros

Yesterday I tried a NC bolt action sniper, wich started with a x2 scope... :D

I'm not sure about it, but I guess it somekind of very CQC weapon? Two shot in the chest and byebye? actually it was pretty easy to aim within the first 20 meters, I will try again another time, to see how powerfull could be this weapon instead of a SMG.
  19. littlesquaredot

ive been using it with a 2x scope now and a bolt action with 6x, waiting for a laser sight and maybe something for the recoil, if u can only buy one gun, this is probably the best
  20. mindtruckin

The M-77B has a lot less bullet drop than any other sniper I've tried. It barely drops at all even at huge ranges.