NC meant to be target practices?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Xylogenesis

I have witnessed the NC tank blitz from both sides. It's no joke.
  2. AuditMF

I play TR on Waterson and I've noticed no deficiencies on the NC side. You guys actually have quite a few outfits that put up extremely good fights (DVS comes to mind). What times are you playing at?

Lore wise this is how the NC are supposed to be. Just saying.
  3. InsaneLampshade

I have to say I have experienced some odd tactics from NC on Miller since release, for example: all the NC attacking Eisa Tech Plant at one point were just camping our spawn room building outside. They were doing a pretty good job of it, farming kills etc, but they were completely ignoring the two entirely undefended and open rear doors to the main base where the cap point is. Not to mention that we had a sunderer inside the base anyway so the spawn building wasn't where most of us were spawning. :s

...suffice to say we didn't break a sweat defending the facility.
  4. xtoph

You are aware the DVS was nearly on the verge of switching to TR due to weapons being better? They had squads going on TR for the last day of beta testing and making final decisions on whether or not to switch. The reason they didn't switch is because their player base is obviously NC.
  5. BlueSmiley

An honest, kewl, down to auraxis Terran. Wow.
  6. GamerOS

Consortium on Miller almost also switched to TR, or at least a large portion of the members preferred it.
    It's that most of the leadership and veteran members where NC at hart that it didn't happen.

Tough some of us kind of regret the decision because right now we're running around defending and retaking and barely ever on the offensive.
    Lot's of good fights but kind of annoying to never actually be on the proper attack.
  7. Kracken

[IMG]
    Connery is just fine for NC.
    • Up x 1
  8. TerroDragon23

Nc Weapons are not that bad but really hard to use, if you miss some shots in cqc cause of only a bit bad aiming you loose.
  9. Xonal

Because TR have the lowest TTK across the board on weapons with VS being very close behind... then a huge gap and NC weapons. If you're losing 1v1s against NC as TR / VS then you're not doing great as your weapons are giving you a very big advantage. I don't care what you 'feel' is the case based upon you playing... the actual numbers say otherwise.

It's why TR is seen as the faction to play if you're bad at FPS games. You have the best guns in the game and a gigantic population - you can't lose.
  10. Lord Byte

That's my point exactly, I think it's due to the design of the side calling mostly to normal FPS players "because they look cool", and not enough tactical players. It always ends in everyone on NC just farming kills, Vaanu quickly capturing all the side-bases and overwhelming us, and TR seems to have a nice mix. It's ridiculously frustrating to play with people that only care about shooting stuff...
  11. xpsyclosarinx

Ahahaha, I can't not laugh at the people saying it's the result of weapons being unbalanced, bahahahaha. I'm pretty sure that even if the NC had cr4ppy .22 cal SMGs they would still win if they had a numbers advantage.

Numbers mean everything in this game, don't forget that. It's been evident all throughout beta, if you have a 10% advantage of the other factions you'll likely get them close to warpgated and this is regardless of outfit coordination, the public zerg can win this for you. Outfits work well when outnumbered and their work shows.
  12. Kinan Eldari

The thing with the NC isn't the weapons. the GD-7F and the Gauss Compact S carbines on Engi/LA perform just as well as a Trac-5 or the VS equivalent. The Gauss Saw is decent too, as is the EM6, the standard Medic Gauss assault rifle still outperforms every medic gun out there in my opinion and our tank is the toughest in the game. No, the weapons aren't the problem here.

The problem we're having on Miller is pretty much down to our playerbase being really new and all for the "freedom!!!" idea that the NC faction stands for. But when the fight ever so slightly swings into the favour of the enemy, I see all these kids bail from the fight almost instantly. *sighs and shakes head* It's why I switched to TR during the beta. That same attitude seems woven into the NC for some reason and I can't get it out.
  13. Garrix

Your personal opinion does not mean that the data in the tables that has been posted over and over again is invalid. I see you in every one of these threads saying 'If i think they are fine, then they must be fine, even though I play the opposing faction that is currently dominating the entire game.' I invite you to play the NC for a while. Pick any server. Play the NC for a week. Keep the same attitude. Awaiting your snotty reply about how NC are fine and everyone who thinks otherwise is bad, and your refusal to do what I asked even for an hour.
  14. Bobajol

They're losing because they have lower numbers (at least on Miller). Check the numbers through the continent teleporter terminal, not the map and oh surprise : NC have low pop. Although it's true I see far less Galaxy and tanks platoon drop than in beta.

As for the weapons they've been nerfed maybe a little too much but they're decent.
  15. xpsyclosarinx

@Zonal
    I have no problems playing NC and have more trouble fighting Vanu than I do TR because of the stupid accuracy the VS have, any good player just burns through headshots as VS ( I know, I've played VS to BR10).

@Everyone else.
    But yeah, like I had a laugh about above, you can't say your empire is losing based on 1v1 stats everyone..
    This is a game where people are going to scream about balance being the issue, fact is we spent the whole beta getting things rebalanced. I haven't seen too many threads about AA maxes, Skyguards, Rocketpods but I'm actually seeing threads about how X factions infantry guns suck? Ahahaha, you kids are funny. No, they don't suck, NC has weaker ones over all yeah, they do but most of the time in combat not everyone is going to be on 100% HP, it's usually between 50% and 80%, this more than levels the playing field, not to mention that a TTL dual like you people keep talking about only ever exists in this "perfect vacuum" world you're talking about. At no point will someone be firing at the exact same time as another person and 80% of the time one player will have the drop on the other.

TL;DR, NC isn't UP and no faction is inherently OP. It's a numbers game people, if you don't have numbers pull your people close and drive through a flank, it works more often than you'd think.
  16. xpsyclosarinx

FYI you can select "view continent population" in the map screen on the top right :)
  17. Bobajol

Exactly, it's all about numbers and the numbers on the log-in screen and the map aren't true. I'll say it again, check the numbers through the continent terminal in the warpgate, NC have like 35% on one continent and like 10% on the 2 others when TR have at least 40% on 2 continents.

No, not the right numbers. It's bugged just like in beta.
  18. Wombat

Hell yea, come to Connery, we'll show you what it means to be NC.
  19. BobbyBones

Yeah, Connery is the NC's playground. I've never once lost an engagement I didn't feel like I should have won. "Balance" is more than just stats in a spreadsheet and lines on a graph.
  20. Goden

Your "Target practice" faction pretty much owns Connery.

Can we please stop with this "my faction is useless!" rubbish? It's getting so old.
    • Up x 1