Planetside 2 = Dead On Arrival

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, Nov 21, 2012.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I have more than 3+ decades of gaming experience, starting in 1978 at age 10 with my the first game I ever saw being Space Invaders and the original Planetside in it's base model was the mark of true genius, regardless of it's shortcomings.

Planetside stood out amongst other FPS shooters rather than the Call Of Duty Series, Battlefield and countless others and had it's own trademark. It was nobel.

I don't speak for the Veteran community of the original Planetside as a whole, but I wanted to voice my opinion.

Planetside 2 is a horrible mistake and Dead On Arrival.... Good Gaming Graphics and 3 Empires is all you kept from the original Planetside.

Upon release you the Developers did not listen to the experience of the Veteran Community in spite of our rants. Yet a prime example is Black Ops 2, they made already what? $500+ Million in revenue???? At charging the average geek $60-70 a shot?

We did not ask for Planetside to be re-invented with a Class System, Horrible Gunplay Mechanics, Shoddy Base Designs, Server Instabilites and a game that has been substituted with quantity instead of quality.

I spent what 5000 in Station Cash I had in reserve built up over the course of years since I had been with SOE and I am unimpressed even at release.

I can tell you this much, I won't spend a dime towards this game, grind the Certification System out and use the freeness of it. I am in serious doubt at how you will get into the gamers wallets by making a game to easy to everyone without sincerely putting a price and making the game seem somewhat of some value.

I feel the damage is already done.

-Nuff Said
  2. Oolius

Thanks for posting.
    • Up x 1
  3. efx00

soe was going to re-release planetside one with updated graphics, but decided to make a different game for the modern marketplace. I respectfully disagree with your analysis of the playability of planetside 2, except for your comment on the gunplay, which is terrible. I'm not sure there was ever a SMG built that fired in a cone rather than a straight line.
  4. Karnehan

Sorry to see you go. I'm already having a blast on this game and I think it's great. Already creating fun memories, just like PS1.
  5. Root

6. efx00

your post will be deleted for not being constructive. watch.
  7. SpcFarlen

LoL makes millions off boosters and skins. PS2 has boosters and skins (camos/armor). I think they got this.
  8. Spectral Haze

How? You didn't actually say anything.
  9. DeltaOne

Oh, look, it's this thread.

What does this have to do with anything?

The original PS1 has not aged well at all. It had terrible gunplay.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mr.moo

agreed
  11. Gearlock

I respectfully disagree with PS1 being terrible gun play. PS1 was the first game I ever played that included reticle expansion while firing, which was worse or better based on moving or not. I remember the day I rolled VS for a change of pace and their standard assault rifle was tight, fast, and accurate. I had HOURS of fun with just that gun and how grossly satisfying and accurate it felt when firing.

Again, Just a respectful disagreement. For it's time it was bananas if you ask me.

Vehicle gun play... yeah that's another story.
  12. Phasics

PS2 is fun

I am having fun

....that is all
    • Up x 1
  13. Spectral Haze

Inb4: Fun is a buzzword, or (my favorite) you're not really having fun you just think you are.
  14. Phasics

I live in denial , and I'm okay with that ...or am I....I tend to leave the details of such thing to other people
  15. HadesR

Seem's to be doing ok though doesn't it ?

All because it doesn't appeal to you , doesn't mean that it doesn't appeal to a broader greater market ...

And what if they had listened and done everything the Vet's said ?

You THINK it would have made the game better .. but you have no proof and its all just an opinion without fact's to back it up.
  16. Badmethod

Well I am having a blast and I have just as many gaming years as you do... Guess that means you don't speak for me. Good luck in CoD!
  17. Badmethod

Lol at iPhone double quotes! Seriously OP, why not give this game some time?
  18. Karnehan

I lol'd.
  19. LocknLoadnDie

Your gaming experience has no bearing on the quality of this game or how others feel about it.

The developers changed PlanetSide. They had a vision and its very respectable that they held to it. They did an AMAZING job listening to the beta tester community and changed things that needed to be changed.

The game is fine. I have been playing it for two days and its leaps and bounds better then it was in Beta. I am having just as much fun with it as I did with the Original Planet Side, which I began playing in 2003.

The game is fine. Please, if you don't like it then leave, It's free to play. Go have fun with Black Ops 2, I expect they will have a new COD out for you in a few months to waste more money on.