Can´t log in Char screen play button

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Collin, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Farnache

I have not membership but i have alpha squad , the game has crashed and now when i clic on play with my char , he doesn't work :s .
  2. Datrucane

Still not fixed??? I play some other stuff and come back expecting a fix and it's still broken. You know it's great that you are looking into it but time to bring out that compensation talk instead...
  3. Collin

as i see it now atm People start to log off the Servers and can´t log back in. This is the worst bug I have ever exerinced in this game!
  4. PsyStorm

Ok I just tried something and it semi-worked. I had 3 characters on Miller server. My main character and 2 new characters I haven't played yet. I deleted the 3rd character and restarted the client and was able to log into the 2nd character. I then deleted that character which left only my main character and tried to log into the main character. This didn't work so I created a new character and once again was able to log in. This leads me to believe that it has something to do with items I have bought. My main character has a few new items and he is not able to log in at all on this server.

Not sure if this helps but it's some new information and insight. I am logging on to Kathara now to build her up :)

Edit:
    Forgot to mention the play button. Each time I open the game I only get once chance with the play button. If i select my main character it locks up and I have to reboot again to create or delete a character. Hope this helps and gl.
  5. Rippy

Created another char on Miller and it works just fine so I think it must be server side.

It looks like something is bugging the characters/preventing them from resetting on crash/log off or the server is still thinking they are active for some reason. I had this issue even before the 40MB client hotfix.
  6. hf254

I'm having the same problem. Miller. Bought membership and logged out and in again to try and find where my station cash had gone. Received a phone call and got disconnected for inactivity and now can't do anything...
  7. CVTG

I agree with Rippy. I suspected something similar.

In any case, some information that I hope will help:
    - Planetside 2 closed via task manager due to strange graphical and lag issues
    - Playing on the Miller server
    - Member of a squad at the time
    - Light Assault, not in a vehicle
    - Massive lag at the time I killed the process
    - Alpha Squad, no membership.

Hope you guys find out what's going on soon and fix it. Was really looking forward to playing tonight.
  8. TerraShark

Ok here goes.

Server: Miller (subbed + alpha squad)
    Problem: Can't log in on main miller character press play once then nothing, though if I relog come back again and try my other character on different servers goes in just fine.
    What I did before problem: playing fine no crashes, logged out normally to go get some dinner. Come back and can't seems to get back in.
  9. Rapaz

Just wanted to let everyone know we are very actively investigating this issue. Keep the information coming.

Thank you.
  10. G3nesisUK

Server: Miller (EU)
    Faction: VS

Situation: I logged out earlier this afternoon to go to work and now I cannot log in either. If I remember rightly I was in Indar at the time of logging out.
  11. Chauma

No information to keep coming.. It's Miller server and it's a game crash involved, it's hard to pinpoint what type of gamecrash since there are many versions so far but yeah. Reboot miller for what it's worth just as a fun thing
  12. Collin

Very sad; I hope my Char is still there and not gone because i spent some SC already on it. Its kind of bad to Charge People and then just throw them out .

Some Information on this issue would be really nice!
  13. Soliex

Try and validate your game files using the launcher.
  14. Collin

nope ist just my main char which went fubar and i can´t log in with it.
  15. Relo

Also having trouble with the Play button
    Server = Miller
    Area = Amerish
    I have Membership + Alpha squad
    Game frozen while buying new gun in game.
    Used task manager to kill planet side
    Re-launched Client ---> Play button doesn't work
    Cannot create any new characters
    Validated game files with no effect.
    Been trying to login for 3 hours now.
    Can you guys please put this into a higher priority on this support task please guys, the majority of users here have paid for a broken product.
    Thanks
  16. Chauma

Well it's safe to say that this problem wont be solved anytime soon, off to hit the sack..
  17. hf254

Any chance of SC unlocks being made account specific rather than character? Would make this slightly less annoying if I could play on another server. Think paid unlocks should be linked to the account anyway. I did pay for it after all...
  18. Mossman

I have the same issue on Miller but i don't own alpha squad or anything ! I can't remember in what conditions it happened but i can tell you that i'll cry all day long if I have to delete my belover charachter :-(
  19. Veratu SOE

Hey guys, can all of you still having this problem do this for me please. It won't fix all of you, but after reviewing a lot of these log files it's possible some of you have inadvertently corrupted a game file. We've resolved some cases doing this, so please check to be sure.

Load launchpad, on the left hand side is a gear/button. Click that, and check Validate Game Assets. Re-attempt to login after running that and let me know if it resolves your issue.

We're still digging into this one, but give that a shot just to verify your game assets are all in tact.

Thanks
  20. CVTG

Done it twice now, Ver, but it seems all my files are good.

Have you guys tried looking into what Rippy said? I suspect his claim that the server thinks that certain characters are still logged in may have some truth to it.

Thanks for the effort, I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we appreciate it.