Why i regret Aplha Squad.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Elixx, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Elixx

First of all. I got a really good computer and i get good fps. Problem is extensive rubberbandning. 20 sec chat deley. I cant swap continents. Squads dont show up correctly. I get game crashes all the time. Que shows wrong info.

Alpha Squad was not worht it. The station cash and what you really get for them is crap imo. I dont like the fixed weapons it gave me, i dont like the goofy camos. The are meh etc. I actually bought it becase i toght it would give me certs for cash. My bad, but it was not worth it imo. The prices are to high. I dont feel like spending more cash for cash, unless the stuff to buy is actually interesting.
  2. G1n

you should have researched it first before giving strangers your money, I didn't buy it and therefore have no regrets. Have a good day sir.
    • Up x 5
  3. QuantumMechanic

And the rubberbanding and warping was a consistent problem all throughout beta. It's no surprise that it's still here, and worse (due to server loads). I don't think the servers have ever gone 48 hours without a restart. Ever. Probably more like 36 hours.

Anyway, this is one of the biggest issues (still) in my book.
  4. Jac70

Well I enjoyed the beta, I got a good 20 - 30 hours play so I don't regret Alpha Squad. I looked at it like buying a regular game and have got about the right amount of play out of it.

In it's current state though I can't imagine sticking around for much longer. Performance and lag make the game unplayable, having to queue for 10-15 minutes just to play is a PITA. I'll see how things shape up over the next week or so.
  5. efx00

I find that the dev's used their time constructively during the gap where beta lapsed. My frames and warping issues have improved, significantly. I hope you found this post to be constructive and positive and not spam.
  6. Morat

on the other hand, you have to log out and back in to buy a weapon and that can take 20 minutes with the server queues. OK, I could go premium but I've already got Alpha Squad and this game is NOT worth both in its current form.
  7. Anethma

I'm yet to experience any technical problems.
    I see no rubber banding, I have 0 delay playing from NZ and I'm yet to crash.
    I run the game at max on a Nvidia 580 with 12g of ram and 8 cores and my fps floats between 90-100.
  8. DeltaGun

I like it, but I think it would've been much better if Alpha Squad was given premium membership for the first month.
  9. GoldmanSachs

It's also the last problem they'll ever fix. Most likely never. Crappy engine full of utterly irrelevant fluff that's only meant to stimulate people to buy new hardware.
  10. F U P S

Yes, of course, the old argument to justify the malevolence of others.
    "It's YOUR FAULT you didn't research enough. Yet, it's OK for others to neglect moral fundamentals"
    Humbug, this is an argument used by the unsapient.

Although, your personal taste does not correlate with any significant moral ground (atleast not in this case).
    I agree, you should have researched a little bit more, and if anything see if you can get a refund, if that's a possibility.
  11. G1n

this argument is used by someone with more life IQ than the OP.
  12. St0mpy

i bought AS to reserve my name because someone else in beta already took it, and i got it, im happy

the 4k and virtual tat was a bonus, the free xp is nice too, i just wish I could buy a queue pass without all the membership gubbins with it
  13. G1n

well about the camo, maybe they tried really hard not to make it p2win so quick?
  14. Mansen

Which is obviously not an intended feature - Alpha Squad was a time limited offer (you can't get it anymore). Will it be worth it to you once the game runs to your liking? Yes? Keep it. No? Open a support ticket now and get out while you can...
  15. Morat

Will alpha squad have been worth it when they fix the bugs? Probably, yes. Sadly I bought alpha squad weeks before release, which was stupid because I was hoping at the time it would be _months_ before release. I don't think anyone can argue that this game was finished on launch. We're still playing beta, but without any more character wipes.
  16. Mansen

I strongly disagree - I haven't had a single game breaking bug so far playing on Woodman since the game launched. Sure I've had issues with installing the game, logging in during peak hours and store issues - but nothing that makes me want to stop playing or make me complain that _____ bug was the fault I died.
  17. wolfva

Riiiight. Your rebuttal would only work if 1) there was malevolence on the behalf of SOE and 2) the OP didn't get everything that was advertized with AS. He did get it. That he doesn't like what he gets is on him. When you make a purchase, it is inclement upon YOU to ensure that what you are getting is what was promised. If you want more then what you were promised, you should probably not buy it.

OP, you got 4000SC with that 40 bucks. Dunno why you thought you'd get certs; they never said anything about certs. Unless you're mixing SC with certs, which I think is the case. If you don't think it was worth the money, why did you buy it? They told us up front what we were getting.
  18. Roobarb

Here's a solution OP...

Use some of those lovely smedbucks to buy some alternative armour camo, and a couple of the cool guns you want.

Job done.
  19. Daish

the Australian server had no rubberbanding or issues at all untill around 5am

Daish thinks players from other parts of the world are joining the wrong servers and causing it

needs to be a bigger idiot proof warning about what server they are joining a Ping next to the server name would help
  20. maxkeiser

Agree. Played for around 3hrs straight last night (on Woodman) without a single issue. Sure, I wan't the infantry draw distance increased and some ultra textures but ...