To everyone using station cash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phasics, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Phasics

Just some friendly advice

if you are buying the current "best" weapons in game be aware that if a balance patch comes through in a months time and your "best" weapons get nerfed you will NOT be getting a station cash refund.

so do yourself a favor and go easy on the purchases unless your buying everything ;)
    • Up x 1
  2. Fuse

Agreed. Pretty shocked to see posts like, "I'm trying to burn through all my Alpha Squad cash." Why!? You know it doesn't go bad, right? haha
  3. Hael

In response to this topic, which is clearly in response to MY topic, I'm already thoroughly well versed with the "default" guns through my time in beta. However, certain weapons like the skyguard or rocket pods offer a distinct change in gameplay for their associated vehicles, and other weapons like the anti-vehicle rocket launcher are just straight up upgrades to the default weapon.

It's not about "getting the most OP weapon as soon as possible" but instead about getting the ugprades that make certain strategies possible. A lightning without a skyguard is just a crappy tank.
  4. Phasics

It's just friendly advice mate, take it or leave it but don't say your weren't warned a month from now ;)
  5. Ssidistik

If you buy a game for 50$ and spend 15$ a month playing it. Our burn threw 40$ in station cash.

EVERY GAME HAS Nerfs
    . Who got ripped off. Not me spending my station cash.
  6. Hael

If I can get a solid month of use out of my favorite weapons before they're nerfed, I'd say that is money well spent. Wouldn't you? It's not like SC gains interest or anything, and if I hold on to it for a month, what does it get me? I can buy the next "to-be-nerfed" weapon, but per your advice that would be a waste too. That leaves me with decals and camo to purchase, which is the biggest waste of all
  7. Phasics

you didn't ask about your favorite weapons you asked about "must have" weapons
  8. Hael

Yes, and then listed weapons that drastically changed the play style of the vehicle/class once purchased. A lightning without a skyguard is a crappy tank. A reaver without rocket pods is a target for AA. A HA without the faster-firing AG rockets is stunted. I call them "must have" because they clearly unlock the true potential of a particular vehicle or class, not because they're "the most powerful."
  9. Kommissar Klose

Phasics, we get it, you're trying to set yourself up for an "I told you so" moment, while at the same time being snide about poking at the idea of if PS2 is P2W or not, show a distaste and disrespect for those willing to buy into a F2P game, and ultimately hinting at how SOE is the big bad evil corporation.

Whatever. Its worth 7.50 to me to blow you up with rocket pods, if only for a day.
    • Up x 1
  10. kellendarkside

"It's not about "getting the most OP weapon as soon as possible" but instead about getting the ugprades that make certain strategies possible"

This.
  11. Fuse

I apologize. I think the quote I used was from your post, but I really didn't mean it to be directed exclusively at you. It appears the OP may have, so I'm withdrawing my support.
  12. Wobberjockey

i spent a fair bit of station cash on beable to go double burster, double comet, and double quasar, not because they were best, but because they allow me to perform very specific roles as MAX

that and i got the scout rifle and a bolt action rifle for my infiltrator. not because they are 'op', but because i spend most of my time picking off people on turrets, and one hit kills are nice for that
  13. Ssidistik

Wasn't even 7.50 if you bought SC on triple cash day. Yet another slap in the OP's face.
  14. Rentago

i only bought myself the accessories i wanted, and then unlocked some max weapons for both hands, then gave my magrider the passenger gun i wanted it to have, and then gave the ATV a gun.

honestly not getting any class specific weapons or anything outside of that.
  15. Raquel

I regret buying lots of stuff but oh well, who cares :eek:
  16. Vreki

So, if we hold our purchases for half a year, are we guaranteed that they wont be nerfed shortly after the purchase?
    Or if we work around the clock to earn the certs to unlock the "best" weapons, will they be more nerf-proof than those bought with SC?

The Sword of Nerf is always hanging over our heads, it doesn't matter when or how we acquire our stuff.
  17. Anethma

I bought the M77-B, best $3 I ever spent.
    The starting rifle for TR infiltrators is fu**ing trash, I could have could a 700SC rifle but why?
    I only wanted to put myself on the same level of equipment as NC and I got exactly that for pocket change.
    I had the SC left over from DCUO as well, so I hadn't even planned this, just seemed like a good idea and it was.
  18. KorJax

I don't really understand the agenda the OP has against this game

Most of the weapon unlocks change/augment a certain playstyle, so there's not really much "uber" gear you just buy... I'm wondering what weapons the OP has in mind that I would buy just because its super good with no downsides? The only thing that comes to mind is rocketpods, but even if they were nerfed they would still be hella useful, seeing as it outright adds extra firepower to your ESF.

As such you can't really waste anything, especailly since you can trial weapons.. because theres not a single gun I know of in the store that is an "upgrade" from a default gun, most of them are just different and change roles. I guess if the shotgun got nerfed to uselessness that would be bad since shottys are only good in close range, but I can't think of anything else, and shotty's aren't really that OP. There are tradeoffs with almost all the weapons in teh store. Get a bolt action 1-hit-kill sniper? Well, that's nice, but you have to rechamber after every shot making your TTK impossibly long unless you land a headshot (not to mention, totally useless in close quarters while the default vanu sniper is not), plus really low ammo in comparison.
  19. Phasics

You'll have a hard time hitting my scythe with those but sure I'll look for you in-game.

as for the advice its called free will people can do what they like
  20. Phasics

.... your saying because its ..cheaper..then ...sorry what are you saying ?