PS 2 is a huge disappointment so far because ......

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cimota, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Cimota

OK where to start ?

This game seems to have been rushed to launch and in my opinion is nowhere near ready to be launched,sorry devs but you just didn't listen to us veterans of Planetside,yet again.

The only thing that was listened to was the AMS appeal and only that was half way to what we actually wanted.

My dislikes:

The washed out uniforms and Tank colours,the wishy washy terminal holographs,the lack of a main gunner on the MBT's.The massive crosshair on the AA gun.

The base designs are really bad, no Army in the world would build bases like these.

The white name tags on players instead of green or red for enemy, the masses of floating triangles, the UI,the Voice macro's are so basic compared to PS that they border on being a joke,PS2 has supposedly a much better game engine to PS so why if PS could have great voice Macro's do we get these mediocre ones in PS2 ?

The minimap needs a zoom in function as once again it just isn't clearly defined.Whomever worked on the Minimap needs to log into PS and check it out,then they will instantly realise what I mean.

It would be nice to know from which direction one is being shot at from too.

Oh and finally Amerish in PS was a truly beautiful continent, what on earth happened to it in PS2 ? the lush flora ,even the hills were covered in Green in PS and now ???

In it's present form PS2 will never last 9 years !

Please Devs ! just for once, how about listening to your players ?
    • Up x 27
  2. Overrwatcher

TL;DR The game isn't Planetside 1, therefore it sucks.
    • Up x 26
  3. UberBonisseur

Stop.

These absurd threads really hurt the credibility of people making accurate and constructive remarks
    You make people who try to change the current state of things look like idiots.
    • Up x 26
  4. Skizerz

Agreed, doesn't matter if they made the PERFECT game people would still complain just because it's not Planetside 1.
    • Up x 16
  5. overcorpse

Or the fact that most of the air is running around with rocket pods right off the bat,totally destroying any semblance of balance.Cant believe i spent good money on this.
  6. Cluzore

Bad base design is actually something people have been complaining about for a long time.
    Also the screen gets easily cluttered up on bigger battles.
    • Up x 3
  7. Dimachaerus

This game sucks because...

I'm stuck at work and with my crappy D/L speed (couldn't start the download before work) I won't be able to play until late tomorrow. :(

Oh, and, OP, go play Tribes: Ascend if you want crazy voice macros and super bright colors on your maps.
    • Up x 2
  8. ShadWulf

Your major complaints are about graphics for terminals? Zoom function on the minimap?

Yeah...worst game ever. o_O
    • Up x 11
  9. Chinchy

lol well I think they did a fine job with the game, everything seems to be going quite well.
    • Up x 2
  10. SBSAlbertino

Base design is so bad I can't be bothered to download the game.
    • Up x 2
  11. Overrwatcher

[VGTW] [VGTG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Badmethod

Most of what is stated seems to be what the OP 'wants' rather than what the game might need. Then I saw it was from a PS1 vet and that pretty much explained everything...
    • Up x 4
  13. Skizerz

Can't tell if sarcasm or not. If it is sarcasm, that's damn funny.
  14. SBSAlbertino

Not being sarcastic at all, do you think the base design is good?
  15. Vastly

Let me know when the army gives a **** about gameplay.
  16. Dimachaerus

[VGTG] + [VGS] (done before the first ends)
    • Up x 1
  17. zanthal

Does this mean you won't be playing? ...yawn...
  18. Crator

I'll agree with some bad base design choices currently. They defiantly need to tweak some of that stuff. Fortunately, Malorn seems to be fixing some of it! (So I made a couple outposts...) Let's see what happens.
  19. Ryloxx

Agree with these two points for sure. The bases are horribly designed, instead of walls protecting the base the only real defense is hiding behind the shield in the spawn room. Even with the servers packed, I have yet to see someone defend the walls of a base for more than 5 minutes before they get zerged down. Was hoping they were actually going to change it a little more like they promised. I see no big differences in how the flow of combat works in base capture.

The open field battles are amazing however, can't say I'm disappointed there. I do wish some would last longer.

I stopped playing after I realized they yet again failed to do any basic thing to make the game enjoyable for the masses. Maybe some people don't mind the blobs of floating bullsh*t all over their screen, but I do. I don't think it's too much to ask to have an option to disable it short of literally turning off the entire GUI. I have gone so far to put tape on my monitor and play that way, but even that is only entertaining for so long without a few basic things like your health bar, ammo count etc. Don't get me wrong, I didn't stop because I'm throwing a fit they didn't make it how I wanted, I literally just cannot enjoy playing the game like this.

I don't want to look at fu*king triangles any more, I don't want to open that horrible map interface every time I want to make a waypoint visible, I don't want enemies obscured by the blob of text floating in front of me in large battles. I'm playing this on 1080 as well, I can't even imagine the horror in a lower resolution.

---

I was in beta for months, I even bought Alpha Squad later on just hoping. The fact is huge amounts of things were NEVER tested in beta. Possibly in their little closed circle at SOE they did, but not publicly. Even the most basic weapons and tools in the game were getting complete overhauls that were never given a chance to see how they would function in the real battles. It was rushed, it was sloppy... and I really hope this ship doesn't sink. But hey it is F2P, so stopping in for 20 minutes here and there isn't going to kill me.
    • Up x 1
  20. Cimota

Well I have to laugh at some of the replies,no need to get personal Naykon.
    As for UberBonisseur are your constructive and accurate comments contained in your sig ?

There are far more things wrong than just the graphics and the Minimap but tbh I can't be bothered to list them all.

As for going to play Tribes:Ascend, don't need to do that, as soon as PS is made F2P something that was supposed to be happening soon, I will be back playing that until PS2 improves, maybe in a year or so.
    • Up x 1