Just a lil reminder for devs. The majority of people enjoy Underwater fights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, May 2, 2023.

1. JibbaJabba

I really need you to grasp the idea that you may not think for everyone.

I like tridents.
    And I think Interlinks are an absolute blast. Wouldn't mind seeing those on Hossin in place of some construction bases.

That is NOT why people leave Oshur. Nice try.

There are a whole host of reasons why people don't like Oshur.
    The fact you can't spawn anywhere. Dear god.
    Infantry get farmed by vehicles in open fields.
    The seaposts are horrible DUE TO UNDERWATER COMBAT and intrude into most of the lattices you may be interested to stay on.
    Beachhead bases are some of the worst gameplay in the game.

Mirror Bay sucks, yes.
    But you really need to grasp this one too: It's going to suck worse once it's underwater. If you constantly play in underwater fights then you are in an echo chamber with others that think like you. It's a very tiny echo chamber.
  2. AuricStarSand

Interlinks are a blast?

From spawn, defenders run down a empty hallway, to reach a screen wall. Where they have 2 options to turn right or left, usually has attackers posted there. You'll just have some noobs teamates hiding behind a screen wall stalling time, till the base is taken.

Then if you're allowed to turn right & left, A point is only 20 feet away from the screen wall, so that's not exciting. Theirs also stairs leading to a 2nd floor room, a room nobody ever uses. It's just a matter of who zergs A first & fights don't last long for anywhere else of the building besides A. After A gets taken the rest of the facility is usually swept too soon.

The run from the outside sunderer garage to the mini door ramps of the building, isn't amazing either. Isn't enough hiding bushes. & If the enemy guards the outside mini ramp doors, all you're able to do is throw grenades at them & get shot before you enter. That's till the defenders pull vehicles and sweep the field fight in between the sundy garage and building doors. Then the sundy garage gets c4'ed and the fights over. Yawn.

Containment sites have varying fights at different rooms & stairs to offer. More rooms than Interlinks. Containment sites win over Interlinks. However nobody is a fan of containment sites either.

Sage Labs building is better than Interlinks, to a degree, then too similar as well. & esp to similar for the outter fight. Warehouse style with a usable 2nd floor. With windows overlooking stonehenge A yard. Still all the buildings require better entries then just these tiny doors. Roof entries too for LA.

& more trees outside these building suggest, 80 trees more, since the outside fight from door ramps to sundy garage is average. Still prefer varying Moss Ravine style Pommel Gardens bases over bases with a few door entries too easily guarded.

Tridents? Tridents are already small. Now exclude A room, B room, & C rooms, since the most I've ever fought at those rooms were 2 guys, & most of the time only one guy to fight at those rooms. So nobody uses A B & C rooms. So that leaves what? A airpad stalemate, & one hallway leading to a spawn room screen?

Airpad stalemates are already the worst part of biolabs, their just for mana turrets & getting shot trying to enter. & the screen wall of tridents is the same as interlinks, stale. & I've heard other vets talk of the screen wall hallways that tridents & interlinks have. & they've said the screen wall hallways are lame right after Oshur arrived. Many months ago.

These land regions offer 48vs48 fights based off region positioning & outfit resources, not fan favorite base design reasons.

As for underwater 48vs48 fights, I wouldn't know, barely ever got to have them from the start of Oshur. & I doubt anyone ever tried seeing as nobody flies deploy galaxies. Besides 3 platoon leaders per server. 2 out of 3 of those just want purple trident resources, so obviously their gonna skip seaports. Yes, seaposts are out of the way & underwater still requires more features.

Oddly enough when Oshur was first released I remember more 60vs60 tank battles than anything else. Now tank battles don't happen anymore, people are over shooting down bridges and one lane islands.

Buff sunderer swim speed. Reasons for vehicles to swim to the next island, has always been tough to figure.
  3. JibbaJabba

Some people farm there, some people get farmed. You JUST told me which you are.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

Not really, most people log off when Oshur pops up.
  5. Mechwolf

I do like underwater fights, wish they'd implement it on more continents, albeit with less areas that are underwater than Oshur. Esamir's frozen river for instance.

You're definitely trolling the forums however, almost everyone here rages at underwater fights because they're unconventional, and everyone rages at anything that doesn't benefit Heavy class competitive gameplay.

My problem with Oshur is nobody knows how to play aircraft, and Tridents have no inner staircase that you have to go underwater to access, and spirals upwards with a capture point or two that give spawns mid-way through that give spawns to get closer to the top.

And there's no real incentive other than trivial 1 point base caps to be underwater. If they flipped all the 3 point bases to be underwater bases minus the Tridents it'd be better than the Interlinks that they have now, Interlinks are a bad base design, they need more points of egress because even though the top of the spawn point exists, nobody ever accesses it, mostly due to zerg brain.

I thought for sure the Air focus would have been floating bases maybe with small platforms with no spawn room, and giving poly points with good lattices so people actually had large air battles to fight for these bases. I thought the entire time Oshur was coming out, that this was the plan. But instead they gave us incentives to leave our only spawn points undefended while fighting an infantry fight in a shelled location similar to biolabs, but with little areas to actually deploy spawns due to deployment zones.
  6. JibbaJabba

LOL the people that "like" underwater fighting all have qualifications to their claims. It would be better if they did this and this and this and this and this and this.... maybe it sucks guys?
  7. DutifulSoul

Not a fan of the water. But I do know a few players that enjoy. Some do some don't.
  8. Somentine

Underwater fights are literally nerfed normal game play.

Instead of making underwater fights something unique and fun, they slow you down, nerf the **** out of 95% of the weapons in the game, and force you to use LA if you don't want to be at an absolute disadvantage movement wise.

The spawns are trash and dropping down 200m, slowly, is a free kill to anyone not braindead, even with the scuba gear.

The parts that actually have cover underwater are okayish, and might actually have been decent if it wasn't for the above.

Even with the nerfed gameplay, underwater fights MIGHT have been okay if they were all extremely CQC oriented bases, like sunken or broken facilities with lots of cover, corridors, and entries/exits.
    • Up x 1
  9. Mechwolf

You're right about the nerfs and LA being the only viable class in comparison, but everybody having the same disadvantage of moving slow isn't exactly a bad thing.

Players who spam medkits and dance around can't do that underwater, making competitive heavies rage, however in terms of positioning and playing with more awareness, it's great.

Heavy shield, cloakers, and carapace medics would have insane advantages underwater if their entire kit was usable underwater though, but could be a trade for the LA's quickness at a comparative standpoint.

I thought when they released the map, CQC bases with air pockets like the campaign would have came later, and again, when I thought they were "focusing on aircraft" it was something along what I had mentioned earlier and not the Tridents with spawns that can get sniped by camping tanks.
  10. Mechwolf

My only fear now is that because of their lackluster support of the construction overhaul, they're going to close up shop and never update Oshur or console.
  11. Somentine

It's not that everyone is disadvantaged the same (which isn't true, Infil and Heavy get hit the hardest), it's that the disadvantages are all garbage mechanics.

Idk about the rage part, but almost any good player avoids underwater specifically because it reduces skill and is just plain un-fun... unless you can't hit players who are moving under normal circumstances.

Making every gun a ohk would make positioning far more important, it would still be *** gameplay; making players easy targets because they are effectively conc'd + tranq'd doesn't make the game more skillful overall, even if it makes positioning more important, it actually dumbs the game down. Also, not sure if you seriously think normal gameplay isn't already majorly influenced by positioning and awareness. Just because I can out aim the vast, vast majority of players doesn't mean I want them shooting back at me.

Medic's entire kit can be used, pretty sure even the shield bubble, and they are still trash other than for their rez because LAs exist.
  12. JibbaJabba

Had a nice big fat fight on Oshur over the weekend. Deliberately switched over there to get in a good 96v on Excavion recovery (aka mirror bay). Let's see if a water fight can be fun.

Did I have fun? Yes I did. *gasp*. Not sure anyone else did :p

Water just LOWERS the skill ceiling. Arm yourself with an un-nerfed amphibious weapon to avoid the downsides and then just mow everyone. Like seriously just mow them down ... ratatat tat. Nobody can move. They can't even reach cover that's arm distance away.

With the skill ceiling so reduced it just becomes a numbers game. Who has the most numbers?

Would I do it again? If I see a big fat underwater fight AND there isn't another big fat fight on land, then I would give it a try before instantly logging off. Best I got for ya.