You guys nailed it at Arsenal update then fizzled

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneShadowWarrior, May 6, 2023.

1. OneShadowWarrior

You guys at Rogue Planet finally nailed it at the Arsenal Update. People were coming back, until you sacrificed server performance. It goes to show how popular infantry fights and the concept of combined arms can be.

However, this years roadmap had me scratching my head. In a once robust outfit with KOJ on Connery. I had squadmates logging in regularly. We finally saw Wrel gleaming instances of brilliance only to be shattered by server performance issues, over abundant nerfs, unfinished developments and for the coupe de grace. Developments people don’t care about. Now when I login, it’s ghosttown. The salty veterans who have been loyal to this game are more bitter and salty and off to Fortnite land and I wanna barf.

Construction bases could finish Planetside as the nail in the coffin as populations begins to diminish. It was a failed project from the beginning, it still is. Esamir is truly Shattered, don’t know why it was touched in the first place. Oshur is a unfinished map with to many odd fits and not bringing any big battles except at Mirror Bay. When are they going to learn? Destructible bases don’t work against zergs. Construction bases add nothing to the big battles, all fights are centralized around the big bases. Not construction zones, never will be.
    • Up x 1
  2. AuricStarSand

I hope some wealthy fan sponsors them. They'd be able to improve everything, even Oshur, if ps2 wasn't underrated for all these years. PS2 is still better than Valorant. & the other fps games don't impress me. & I find ps2 better than all the fantasy mmo's too, & I'm usually a fantasy main.

Suppose they have the option to work toward the next flavor ps2 update trailer.
    After the construction roadmap gets a little more fine tune.

Tho ye since they have limited funds for now, they should probably just work with what they know works for sure & enough testing sandbox possibilities with unsure results. I still applaud them for trying to build a water map & trying to rework silos. However not everything favors longterm investment, similar to how outfitwars is fleeting.

1) Adding more items if the servers won't tank. (Aresonal update 3.0?)
    2) Figuring out which base designs infantry enjoy the most and re imagining those base designs for remixed regions.
    3) Adding Shattered Warpgate jungle fights (When players enjoyed those)
    4) Returning the rock bridge (When players poll yes)
    5) New land vehicle types (Jeeps, Trucks, Hummers)
    6) Other mentions infantry want.
  3. RiP0k

Construction should serve as a reinforcement of the position of the allies. Is it bad to have in the game? The problem is that DEVs don't see this bonus objective, and they try to make an infantry combat zone out of the building, which is stupid.
  4. Demigan

The only thing they nailed with the arsenal update was the subject. People wanted that combined arms and cooperation they promised. What they found instead was the arsenal update doubling down on promoting zergs and avoiding combat when taking bases, adding a bunch of gated content that would mostly be in the hands of the leadership rather than the actual players who earn them the resources.

The shortness of the population increase shows what I’ve been saying all along: we need to build the teamplay and combined arms system from the ground up rather than start at the top of the leadership. In the simplest way if two people meet they should have the tools to cooperate, those tools should be mutually beneficial and they should be rewarding beyond just an XP boost. Directives, resources and an expansion of your own capabilities should be part of it.

Unfortunately the people that remain seem to think that a squad/platoon/outfit leader screaming simple orders due to the limits of a voice channel with several people in it and everyone obeying is the pinnacle of teamwork and cooperation.
  5. OneShadowWarrior

Construction bases are like beating a dead horse. There are so many more productive things they could be doing. Even a sound grade overhaul would be something. Christ even offering soundtracks from the original PS for station cash would be something. Even maps with core combat caverns, assault buggies, bases with generators that can be filled with nanites or drained, vehicle loadout changes at ammo bays, a more efficient HUD you can increase in size or rearrange instead of one being stuck in lower left hand corner, better night scopes, thermal optics, how about adding some command binoculars or finishing the drops pod with functional uses, exploring combat engineering with flak turrets, emp grenades that actually jammed vehicles, hacking vehicles for cloakers, how about slots we can add to existing armors and add some functional to them, etc etc etc.
  6. Somentine

You're thinking of escalation.

Arsenal was the infantry weapons and NWA removal.
  7. Demigan

My bad