review new construction system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by littleshan1, Apr 28, 2023.

1. littleshan1

I tried out the new construction system, I destroyed 14 other players' bases today and they arevenge me , here are my thoughts

1 : there is no modular AI, so both factions naturally throw A2G at each other for revenge without being opposed.

2 : the lampposts and wall lights can see the Infiltrator , very interesting , still haven't seen the effect of the radar , is it broken ?

3 : created All in one style , but accidentally killed all creativity ,

can't equip Skyshield at all,you can only mount the Skyshield module on large buildings, huge constructions have it all , ESF and Vehicle landing , one more is smaller building with only the Emquiment infantry Terminal inside but it's still very big,

have two Building can set up Skyshield module also cannot equip Skyshield on other buildings ,

Benefits : All in one , big house

Cons: can no longer build bases in locations with little land or in the mountains, because Skyshield can only be equipped on large buildings, and we cannot build large buildings in little land , high hill

4 : no longer lost cortinum but the cost of using Flai and IPC is huge, I don't know, 4k cortinum is used in 10 minutes , I'm not saying this is good or bad in real game , I review

5 : it is not possible to repair or remove the spare secondary silo for Squar , can't even attach the repair module to it, it doesn't have a slot

6 : it takes too long to build a base, I initially thought that removing all the modules would help me build faster, but it turns out that i have to equip the module in every building , there are even buildings where multiple modules can be installed, but it still takes longer than before

7 : there is no AI anti infantry turnet and Spire Pain , so in the battles , neither me nor them succeed in defending the base alone ,

and note 99% of bases are built by solo players . Zergit and teams play for fun will never be the backbone of bases

it will always be the solo player

8 : AA turnets are completely useless

9 : unable to fully defend the base , because the Skyshields can only equip in large structures ,

large buildings are too big and even if you build around them, they are still open and damaged by Flail cannons

buildings are too big and meaningless , it can be a good shield , but skyshield cannot cover them all , even though you can build 2 skyshields in two big buildings ,

but it is absolutely impossible to build in places where there is a shortage of land

10 : I feel it lacks protection than the old system
    • Up x 3
  2. RiP0k

11- Skywall does no damage to aircraft.
    12- Overload of one module lasts 1 min.
    13- While Silo is vulnerable it makes building a waste of time
    • Up x 1
  3. OneShadowWarrior

The bases looked cramped. A zerg will wipe them out. The Rebirthing Center for instance, way to narrow to easy to camp as a chokepoint.

They are also way to predictable in designs that provide little to no cover from vehicles overhead or lobbing shells in. So far the present designs look like a campers dream.

No one wants to sit around building bases all day and most of the time when I see constructed bases I just go to other locations where the fights are and don't waste my time.

The reality of it is, people want big fights like at the Crown, Nasons or Ascent, the stats show that. People want to slug it out in mass and have a good time. Sorry Rogue I hate to be blunt, but your wasting resources when you could be doing so many other mini projects to improve performance, quality of life improvements, customizations and streamlining. Even the Sunderer which has been overdue for an overhaul would be something.
  4. 23rd enigma

• Up x 2
  5. AuricStarSand

I haven't tried the new system. Yet why is OP saying the creativity has less to offer? Wasn't evolving the silo system suppose to enhance creativity?

Have more options to work with?
  6. OSruinedPS1

Pretty much what I expected.

No vision.