Why you should use the Striker

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ShadowYoyo, Mar 30, 2023.

1. ShadowYoyo

The Striker is the best AA Rocket launcher in the whole game. You can one clip enemy fighters with such speed, amazing.
    Yeah you got it, joky. Its sad what they did to the TR specific launcher, absolutly disgusting. YOu cant do a **** with this piece of crab.
    Maybe consider to buff the striker instead nerfing it all day. I mean, nobody nerfs the Pheonix or Lancer.
  2. oOHansOo

Both Lancer and Phoenix where nerfed heavily in the past.
    The Lancers projectile velocity was reduced from near hitscan to what it is now, and the Phoenix took a hard hit to range, turnspeed and reload time.
  3. ShadowYoyo

I tested all three, both nc and vs dont have any impact and they feel the same like before
  4. waystin2

Yeah. Certed out the Lancer. Tried it for a while and put it back in the closet. There are better options. The Phoenix is fun but requires some serious vulnerability to use. Not too familiar with the TR specific launcher. Will have to take a look in the VR Training sometime.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

Maybe you just shot down all bad pilots, and only best ones flying around.
  6. karlooo

IMO the Light Assault's Rocket Rifle, is much better than the Striker at air deterrence.

Light Assault is a very easy class to use, the Rocket rifle synergizes with their style, and the weapon is as well simple to use, the time it takes to pull out the gun is twice as fast as compared to pulling out a rocket launcher for Heavy Assault.

Oh speaking of heavy assaults, this is completely off topic but the Heavy Assault is basically a shock troop.
    The grenade launcher Thumper is essential for this class but I do not understand why the devs made it a primary slot rather than placing it in the tool slot. The tool slot is the one that only contains rocket launchers, I'll share a screenshot for fun.
    They don't necessarily need a rocket launcher at all times, I would say majority does not even use the weapon most of the time. If the grenade launcher was in the tool slot that'd make the class fairly effective at breaching from the start, without having to gain level 100 ASP. The ASP skill that allows HA to equip heavy weapon in secondary slot, basically you usually place a Thumper there, it's not overpowered, the weapon could use some slight nerf possibly to magazine size, but it's what the class should have been known for, from its start.
    Ironically with that combination it's more effective than the MAX unit at breaching lol.

A much cooler ASP would be allowing HA to equip a carbine in primary slot. That would be the ultimate storm trooper. LMG is a silly weapon to give this class.
    [IMG]
  7. karlooo

Actually you know what'd be funny. What if there was this sellout, where the LMG for heavy assault will get exchanged with Carbine. You can get back the LMG as primary weapon via ASP, so it'll get removed as the primary gun for HA but if you already unlocked the weapon with daybreak cash you keep the specific LMG you bought without having to get access to LMGs via ASP? That would be a fun and unique, one time sellout. Like you get to keep your favorite gun you bought and therefore do not need to invest a point in ASP to unlock the LMGs. As if you got an extra ASP skillpoint.

From my perspective the LMG is a silly weapon for the HA. The Carbine would be much more suitable for the Heavy Assault playstyle. .... oh But actually I forgot that I mainly play TR, VS and NC have very powerful LMGs. I guess it'd have to be a TR only sellout lol. TR Storm troopers! That'd be pretty unique.
  8. karlooo

I am pretty sure that nobody from TR would miss their LMGs.
  9. RabidIBM

Striker is ok, but not amazing. Pheonix and Lancer are memes.

However, if something is coming right for you the deci is better than the striker if you aim well, and if the target isn't flying right at you then you will probably land more damage with a lock on.

Most of the rage the striker ever induces comes down to people assuming that they thing they don't have access to is OP.