Quick pulling vehicles is coming back?! Construction should get it too!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tharovinn, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Tharovinn

Before I had an interest in the construction system I was familiar with the fact that you could quickly pull vehicles from bases under your control as long as the terminal was not hacked or destroyed.

After I got into construction I found it very odd that I couldn't do this for the bases I've built. I was a little happy that the entire player bases got to experience what this is like when quick pulling was removed entirely for a time and is due to return so they can could experience what I did in a way.

Anyway, here is how I imagine quick pulling vehicles from the map screen would work with construction bases.

The recipe:
    1. A cortium silo with enough cortium stored in it to pull the vehicle you desire.
    2. A vehicle or air terminal in range of the cortium silo
    3. An elysium spawn tube in range of the cortium silo
    After you have the recipe for quick pulling at a construction base the method for pulling should be no different.

To make knowing what you can quick pull without selecting the spawn tube:
    You know those tiny little icons that show what type of terminals are at a developer made base in the list of bases at the map screen to indicate what kind of vehicles are spawnable at that base? Those icons should show up for spawn tubes at construction bases when any vehicle or air terminal is in range of the cortium silo's range of influence.
  2. Scatterblak

I sure hope not. vehicle quick pull and the killcam are the two main ***** whine solutions for people who can't be bothered to develop any situational awareness. Might as well give them wall hack and autoaim as well.
  3. OSruinedPS1

WTF is vehicle quick pulling anyways?
  4. RabidIBM

It was the button on the deploy screen which was beside class selection. It allowed someone to select a vehicle pull from the map screen rather than having to walk up to a vehicle pad and get sniped by the guy 2km behind the front line.

Wrel blamed this feature for vehicle spam and removed it because he doesn't want to acknowledge that his discounts are the reason vehicles are spammable.
  5. RabidIBM

In response to OP though, I agree with the concept of direct vehicle spawn from PMB, with a couple other changes:

Free vehicles are too spammable. Vehicles need to cost nanite regardless of where they are drawn from. This would also fix the issue of the pad locking when the silo drops to 40%.

Once players are paying their own nanite, there's no reason not to let PMBs spawn libs and MBTs.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

this is exactly why i made my thread saying vehicles need cooldowns.
    infinite spammable ESFs and now you wouldn't even need to go to the terminal!
  7. RabidIBM

Yup, and I agree with you on the problem, but not the solution. We don't need cooldown timers, just need ESF to ALWAYS cost 350 nanite. If that were the case then they wouldn't be spammable.
  8. OSruinedPS1

Only playing since beta, how did I not know what quick pulling was? Must have been only in game for a short time when I was away.

Yeah, totally, bring quick pulling back. (dusts off anti-tank mines). Let players spawn vehicles without see'ing whats in front of vehicle spawn. :)