Jan. 31, 2023 - Love Letter (PTS Update)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by RPG_Wrel, Jan 31, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JibbaJabba

+1 to this.

The back cap mechanic is pro infiltrator for sure. This change may have been designed with the solo infiltrator in mind. **I do not play infiltrator** (I believe the class is unbalanced). But in attempting to nerf an infiltrator behavior we have also nerfed small coordinated squads and given a free buff to mindless unskilled zerg gameplay.

This is a bad, bad change. Please do not change the back cap / forward cap system!
    • Up x 1
  2. AntDX316

Every point that gets captured on a multi-point base should buy default add -1 second on the timer than it showing no seconds such as in Howling Pass Checkpoint, if someone has A but not B and C the timer should be down by 1 second to show a cap exist. The problem is the people on the next base might not know about someone being on the backcap. This can get problematic at times and frustrating.

All bases should drop the timer by 1 second on the map so it shows activity is happening and not and ultra ghost cap where someone is on A by themselves then left while the people on the next base have no idea.

Even if taking 1 point and not having 3-4 makes it say 19:59 or 14:59 on the map with a frozen timer, it's better than nothing.
    • Up x 1
  3. JibbaJabba

I hope any of you that did a glorious B point hold at the crown cherished it.

It will never ever happen again.

The enemy force can now just leave you there and go take the next base without securing their own.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

This is purely a leadership skill issue.

Making the decision to push down a lattice and leave NOBODY to guard the previous base is a gamble. There is a real risk you'll have your forces piled in the wrong place.

Higher skilled leaders will take advantage of this.

This proposed change simply lowers the skill ceiling. Let's dumb leaders do dumb things and get away with it. Skilled leaders get a tool removed.

I really hate this change. Why every patch we have to do something like this that just shows Dev doesn't play their own game. Or aren't very good at it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Raap

I do not disagree.

This is why I specifically mentioned Stalker cloak to be usable underwater, it can only fight with sidearms and melee.
  6. Cosomos

If you want to have the same body HTK, then 0.4->0.5% for every point of damage converted would be the ideal rate.
    I have a damage graphing calculator that has inputs for disruptor: https://www.desmos.com/calculator/zfcsf0tqam
    • h, s, & o are health, shield, & overshield
    • r is the multiplier for damage reduction(double for headshots) | r & b can be used interchangeably
    • P is the the percentage conversion rate of damage to disruption
    • f is for fire damage over time(not sure what state of completion it is in)
    • b is used to calculate the theoretical ratio of damage needed to offset the reduction to the base damage
    • a is the result from the ratio in b's description, and it is the % conversion rate I talked about
    • S is the percentage of energy and shields stripped for each number of hits to kill(HTK)
  7. WaltzingPhantom

Are there any plans to remove scope sway from NSO Scout rifles to bring them in line with other scout rifle? Additionally, can we ever expect NSOs to get a 334 damage, no damage fall-off scout rifle (like the Bishop, Obelisk, Dragoon)?
    • Up x 1
  8. Cosomos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.