MAX revived as bugged LA with MAX health

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Despia, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Despia

Description:
    Often when playing MAX (doesn't matter if either VS, NC or TR), if dead and being revived, im often (more than 50% of time) switched from MAX to a kind of bugged Light Assault with MAX health pool and fast health regen on place. My visual is also bugged with the Light Assault weapon (can even wield knifes) and MAX model. Only respawn / switch to other class ends this state. I've encountered this bug years before and it was fixed successfully, but since Oshur update, it reappeared.

How to reproduce:
    Cannot say how to reproduce it, it seems to occur absolutely random.

Server:
    Cobalt (EU)
  2. Despia

See https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4zmA1LPEO6c0kupk-yYDXi1b2K7pI35/view to image (VS-Max), somehow neither GDrive nor OneDrive works as image links...
  3. Despia

4. Despia

Update: Still exists and happens, higher chance to appear when region is highly populated (>144 ppl), usually @ Mattersons (Hossin), The Ascent (Amerish), Region around Eisa Tech (Esamir) and center of Indar. Several ppl noticed this bug aswell, looks like a "flying MAX". PS2 was freshly installed, so old client data does not seem to cause this behavior.
  5. Mithril Community Manager

Can you try capturing this bug on video? This will help us see what was happening in the game around the time the bug triggers. Thanks!
  6. typnct

mithril i sent you personally on discord 10 different videos about that so far

10 different times, ignored 10 different times

the glitch works as follows:

1 you die as a max
    2 you press left click in the center of the screen when the information table comes up
    3 you change into a LA
    4 if you get revived - you get all of the max benifits of health and weird movement
    5 no cons - you get all of the abilities of LA

from day 1 of this glitch i was pinging you everywhere i could, also a few more bugs -->
    newton and the rest of NSO ARSENAL:

when using the underbarrel shotguns and you press right button(aim with it) - your animation glitches
    schroddinger - nso hand movement is twitchy and glitchy

non nso bugs:
    the shield generator placement is bugged - the animation plays twice - slowing it down and annoying the user - it should work just like the infiltrator spotting device placement works

chimera bugs:
    the turret twitches seriously when you start moving forward/backwards or when you are stopping(not happening to any other tank in the game) making it impossible to aim - fixate the turret xyz(beside the spin) to the main body

ALL NSO arsenal optics("ACOG"/Optic or whatever you call it there):
    the red dots are huge, and it makes all nso weapons obsolete as it makes it impossible to aim, im mentioning this again<-- EVERY NSO PLAYER IN THE GAME COMPLAINS ABOUT THIS SINCE DAY 1

personal opinion(feel free to skip, im just collecting mine and ~50 other players(all nso) opinions into a short tl;dr)

NSO MEDIC - all of their weapons are obsolete - highest horizontal recoil + worst velocity + worst control + worst bloom per shot + smallest magazines per damage tier + highest bloom per dmg(167/143) + high COF in hipfire + 0.5 = makes all of the NSO weapons useless(medic) to the point that the only real weapons that any nso usually takes are carbines after ASP(no, im not joking, they really are bad at everything - nobody likes them)

-newton - the weapon is just a BB gun now, might as well buff it to 750 rpm

-horrible stats all around, none of the nso players are happy about nothing that nso got - beside 2 weapons:X-75 and the harbriger, the rest are considered useless and a meme in most cases

the auto-burst hybrid = good idea, but the weapons are bad(same problems as ABOVE)

the schroddinger = good idea, implemented in a horrible way - it needs to be 125 dmg and not 120(just do 65 dmg per pellet or 66 if 65 is a problem), could be the nso trait(multiple bullets, add to that the burst and it sounds scary)

CHIMERA:
    the LARION(CHIMERA) - good idea, horrible damage + reload + low velocity(it sounds like it is high, but it doesn't justify the low dmg) = needs either much more velocity or much more damage
    ALL CHIMERA WEAPONS:
    the depression in this tank is horrible, you literally sometimes cannot shoot a tank that is like 1 meter under you 5 meters away, no other tank struggles with that, either add 5/15 degrees depression or lower the tank
    TOP GUN - all bad, no need to explain further

thank you for coming to my ted talk, about ~~~7/10 nso players that i know quit the game already
  7. typnct

a few more bugs while you're here

1. darklight flashlight - not working at close range(different settings = different working ranges)
    mine personally is between 8-12 meters only, 0-8 nothing happens, 12+ nothing happens

2. nso cloak --> highly visible relatively to the normal cloak

3. cloak in general --> pre dx-11 it was quite fine and alright to spot them, not it is jokingly badly horrible, this is being called as LOW SKILL HIGH REWARD
    the only class that i do play with one hand on the mouse and the other looking at messeges and get 19 or more kills easily
  8. typnct

about point 3 in the max glitch --> you don't press the class, you just turn into that class in the moment that you left click on the table
  9. Despia

That escalated quickly.

I've unawarely encountered this bug, without interacting with the UI that way after death. I just click on revive when getting revived by medic and thats it for me (while the death screen is still present or the map is shown for redeploy). Interesting you can force this behavior. Im trying to reproduce this later and let you know here.
    • Up x 1
  10. Despia

I could reproduce this behavior that way typntc described above, but not worked all the time. So it is currently the best way to force this behavior. It seems to be essential to switch class to LA first before a medic tries to revive the MAX. Funny it only works with LA...
    • Up x 1
  11. Despia

Now heres some neat behavior: I actually can be revived after "no revive MAXES" patch, with the same result as mentioned in this title (being revived as a LA with MAX health pool). So preventin MAXes from being revived does not fix this bug at all. And the mini patch before the mentioned update (which switched the default selected class from LA to heavy, i guess) doesnt prevent this bug either.
  12. CuratorsDream

Just had this exact bug happen on Hossin with the TR. Was revived as a MAX with weapons replaced with Light assault gear while having a MAX HP bar. It seemed that Nanite repair system + Regeneration implant also bugged itself into regenerating immediately after damage. I don't have a video of me getting revived itself but I do have a video of the weird interactions. Can also provide more info if needed.