[Suggestion] Add "special trait" to every Directive Reward Gun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by netBattler, Jan 18, 2023.

1. netBattler

The Vanu directive guns, all of them, if I'm not mistaken, have the heat mechanic.

The NC's directive weapons keep getting debuffed. The Godsaw got its minimum damage reduced. The Gauss Prime just today got its muzzle velocity and minimum damage range reduced. Why? So lame.

If you're gonna keep debuffing the NC's directive weapons, at least give them a cool gimmick across the board like the Vanu.

IDEA: Give all NC directive guns an armor piercing mode.

And maybe give the TR directive weapons a gimmick too, like Hyper-Velocity Ammunition where the muzzle velocity bonus is 25% instead of 10% like with the regular HVA.

People like to say that Vanu gets all the love from the devs, and that's honestly what it feels like to me at the moment.
  2. Liewec123

honestly i am not a fan of the armor piercing,
    against targets which you can damage with small arms (like harassers and ESFs) it kills slower than just normal gauss saw damage,
    and against targets that are immune to small arms the damage is so laughably low
    that you are simply poking them until they kill you.

i'd rather have an underbarrel shotguns on NC directive weapons, like brawler has.
    imagine how versatile Godsaw would be with an underbarrel shotgun?!
    • Up x 2
  3. TheSunlikeOne

I'd rather have integrated sabot ammo on NC directive weapons. AP rounds that GODSAW has deal too little damage.
  4. LodeTria

Didn't they remove the built in HVA from the gaussprime, a useless attachment? It now gets its max damage pushed out 2 meters.
    It's a buff if anything lol.
  5. Liewec123

Gauss Prime is a mid/long range weapon,
    With the removal of built-in HVA values It has lost a large chunk of velocity and min damage range is now 90m instead of 110m
    All it gains is 2m max damage range.
    It's a nerf. ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. brutes359

Wow,wow,wow. Hold up. Did you just say they nerfed the godsaws minimum damage? Despite being (for all intents and purposes) a gauss saw with a smaller magazine and a low value gimmick ability? Wrel, you piece of garbage, after all the years of people begging for reworks to the directive weapons and nerf to the vanus epic-tier unlimited ammo Betelgeuse and you decide to nerf the already rare and arguably niche godsaw, which is a weapon platform almost exclusively build for medium to long range combat, to have shorter ranger?! Are you guys seriously that short-sighted and biased against the NC.

Alright, let me be clear on this. it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to make NC directive guns good.

Step 1. Keep the armor piercing capabilities of the NC guns against vehicles and apply them to more of the NCs directive lineup. I only say this because AP ammo has allowed me to scare many liberator pilots off who mistake the godsaw for a G30 walker, and so it has a practical use for AP ammo.
    Step 2. Increase the AP ammos damage to non-armored vehicles such as Harassers, ESFs, and MAX suits. This will give the directive guns a legitimate purpose, and their relative rarity will ensure they dont become OP against said systems.
    Step 3. STOP NERFING EVERTHING NC. Seriously, it isnt bad enough MAX suits are a shell of their formal potential, or that nearly 80% of the population base is no LA and infiltrators, they had to make YET ANOTHER nerf to HA? What, were the DMR spammers complaining? The LA pigeon roof campers whining that HAs were able to retaliate? For pete sake, the devs need to stop thinking the nerf hammer is the universal solution to everything. Why not try BUFFING something for a change that isnt vanu?
    There, Fixed.
    • Up x 1
  7. Liewec123

oh don't worry, he nerfed gauss saw too.
    both godsaw and gauss saw dropped a whole min damage tier.

it was NCs rewarded for winning the crappy little "outfit war" tournament.
    yes you heard it right, the worst performing faction in the actual game got nerfed because NC won some crappy 1v1 tournament.
    and it gets better, it wasn't even NC who really won,
    the best players in the world were all forming temporary outfits on NC.
    so because the best players in the world from each faction beat average players in a 1v1 tournament NC were nerfed on live.
    BALANCE!
    [IMG]
    meanwhile Beteldouche vastly outperforms every other LMG in the game, but hey, gotta nerf those NC LMGs...
    • Up x 1
  8. Campagne

Times like this remind me why I stopped playing this game. :p

The primary class' primary weapon for long-range engagements got nerf'd, again. Why? It's not a hugely significant niche, I doubt it was really swaying the overall battle even if it helped in a few real engagements. Were other LMGs and the LMGs of other factions nerf'd in this regard as well, or just the NC's most iconic LMG in the one real area it can even perform well at?

The AP mode is less than useless, except for farming surface-to-air damage ribbons against libs and galaxies. If the NC's directive weapons were to be given a new trait, it'd be nice if it was as useful as the heat mechanic. Be better than a flat worse version of the base anyway.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spykitty358

I definitely think the idea of Sabot ammo or some kind of armor piercing fire mode for NC directive weapons sounds like a nice touch (As long as the AP ammo isn't meh at best)

But my opinions on the Directive weapons, note the only one i have is the Gauss Prime but i have tested the other ones in the test server/heard other's opinions on them.

The Moonshot has the ability to hit 2 people in one single shot. However i hate how the minimum damage is 450 where as the Bighorn is 500, Meaning the Bighorn will always 1 shot kill with a headshot at any range. I always felt like the 450 minimum damage was because of it's ability to shoot through 2 people but honestly what are the odds you actually land a double headshot at that range. I just think it's stupid to have the moonshot deal 50 damage less then the TR's Bighorn when they can both perform similar but yet NC's gets a downgrade in comparision? Because of it's ability to shoot through 2 people when the odds of that happening are very low? That's why i feel like that ability to pierce through 2 people should be the NC's passive Directive ability. Because using Sabot rounds on weapons like the DMR and Vanquisher while i was grinding for the Gauss Prime was very effective at fighting in chokepoints with the ability to damage 2 people at a time... maybe my fellow NC in the process.

The only Directive Weapon i have is the Gauss Prime (working on Godsaw now) and that's because i always loved AR's and their play style. I got the Gauss Prime because i live for it's accuracy at range. I also enjoy having under barrel cure launcher on my Engineer as well as being able to have a laser sight on top of the built in forward grip. Throwing on HVA on the 675m/s to make it 742m/s making it the highest muzzle velocity of any AR's in the game is noticeable for me in particular as i do not need to lead my shots nearly as much. And there's even been a few moments where I've killed an enemy at a distance because my shot hit them before it hit me. But these are usually situational moments that might not make much of a difference. But i love the Gauss Prime regardless of it's usefulness. But in all honesty i don't really feel like they need to change the Gauss Prime because as it performs it is fine for what it is. However i would love to have more to add like maybe AP ammo or full set of all the under barrel launchers (Smoke, Grenade and shotgun) or perhaps the ability to toggle from burst fire or full auto fire. Again i don't have many ideas for the Gauss Prime since i already love how it performs.

The Godsaw is a good weapon regardless because of it being the same as the Gauss Saw with AP and less mag but faster reload. Which is useful for me who has a bad habit of reloading a lot.

The Fortuna i already know is a good weapon, only reason why i didn't get it is because it's lower velocity encourages close quarters fighting. Which is what a Carbine is meant for so it's the most suited weapon for light assaults and i might get it one day for when i do play Light Assault. but my style has always been versatile, can engage from any range type of fighting which is what i can do with the Gauss Prime.

i can't say much about the other weapons since i hadn't really been able to notice a difference with them except for the brawler having under barrel shotgun like the Fortuna. So i can't form any real opinions on them.

but to conclude I think the Moonshots ability to pierce through 2 targets should be applied to all the NC directive weapons. If VS can have a cooling system and never need to reload then perhaps NC can have something unique like that.
  10. T.A.94

I'd love to see a few NSO weapons having access to the newtons "scope" as an unlockable alternative, especially Galilei, Maxwell, Schroedinger and perhaps Dirac.