Remove Kill cam after BR 15

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kevin, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Kevin

(Couldnt find a thread about this in the forum or the search wasn't giving me anything. Gonna kick a horse here if I have to)
    Anyways.
    Remove the kill cam after you make BR15. It's supposed to help new players understand what and who kills them and how. As for veteran players, it's simply a handicap against other players who make an effort to be stealthy or work proper angles that they flanked into.

Admit it, you all did it. "Stalker on the point, sitting there, right there. No, your left. Your other left!"

By time you make BR15 and you need the noob cam afterwards? Nah naw noooo. It's a cheesy gimmick to have in a MMOFPS War simulator. Keep the kill cam for the new recruits.
    • Up x 1
  2. Somentine

Kill cam is a bad mechanic, but it mostly affects other bad mechanics anyway. In most situations, the player being followed by killcam is already spotted, moving away, or in a doorway fight. The only real playstyle this hits is stalker Infils specifically, and they are one of the most braindead styles in the game, so no real loss.
    • Up x 2
  3. Zen_Master

I love watching flying Maxes on kill cam.
    • Up x 2
  4. Demigan

If your stealth is broken by the killcam then you arent doing it right. Good stealth relies on movement, not on sitting still in the same spot for hours on end.

While I would agree to alterations to how the killcam works I see no point in removing it entirely. For example after BR15 only spotted enemies are visualized this way. Otherwise the killcam will just look in the direction without showing their exact position with a wire frame.
    • Up x 2
  5. Piska

I agree that killcam should be removed, or at least show only direction from where you get shot (similar to killcam in battlefield 1942), BUT only when infiltrator cloak will be removed, or nerfed to the ground.
  6. JibbaJabba

So...

Give the killcam only to people who have recently spun up a new character.

Those people would be:
    1. First time noobs.
    2. Veterans spinning up an alt.
    3. Hackers with a fresh hardware ID.

Are you sure what you're asking for is a good idea?

My vote: leave it alone. If the kill cam is giving you away, change your playstyle. Why you aren't using it to bait veterans is beyond me.
  7. ShellsFromSky

I used to play infiltrating behind enemy lines and causing mess and chaos. I hid in bushes or even under the Sunders or tanks, sometimes i would stay in the enemy tower attacking defenders or even offenders (sometimes it was Vanu to help the TR vs. NC), but with the kill cam this is no longer possible. Having a rifle in the bush 15 meters from the enemy for more than 60 seconds is no longer possible. I played like that on PS4 before Coming to PC. Since the kill cam made this impossible, I started playing with tanks attacking infantry with Hesh or even being long-range sniper with the AP or that new weapon. The kill cam was the main reason to playing less and less, before i was playing more than 4 hours a day, sometimes it too more than 30 minutes to get a good position, today should be 4 hours a week or even per month and as NSO. Now with SteamDeck and gyro, maybe I'll play more, but it's not so much fun to play with tanks, maybe I'll try the Liberator or just keeping playing 90s games.

Kill cam killed one playstile, it did bring another one? I don't know a person who would give up playing and changed his position because of the implementation of the kill cam, but I know some who stopped because of it. PS: Noobs keps dying like flies even with the kill cam bc has nothing to do with noobs or kill cam, die several times is Planetside gameplay.
  8. TripSin

I don't think it should be removed. Like Somentine alluded to, it only really affects snipers or infils. Sniping and infil are my most played classes and I still think kill cam should stay in place. Sniping and infil are already strong enough as is. You should have pressure to change positions.
  9. shoguncawwill

let it be an option to turn it off . as a lot of the time i use it to review location of if i was inside as i was killed. with out this layer of macnaic working ther would be no way to report people abusing the game.
  10. ShellsFromSky

Why the game need to babysit the players forcing players to change position, change vehicles, etc? People dont have skills to track enemys, just take a lightning and drop shells. The guys who are sniped just need "to change positions". We can use this argument to babysit all classes.

«- sniper vs sniper from their base behind enemy lines.