Manual Vehicle Pull is potentially a good mechanic BUT...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Evil.Iguana, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Evil.Iguana

You need to make sure that the Vterm is within a short walk (say <20 sec) from the spawn and that the map always tells you where it is. Most bases are decent, but there quite a few, esp on Oshur, where the Vterm is on the other side of the hex, and the only way to know where is by memory. Fix this please.
  2. Demigan

They are often also on the most exposed and least defensible edges of the base, making it far too easy for attackers to shut them down. Just arriving is often enough to make pulling vehicles from that base worthless.
    • Up x 1
  3. RabidIBM

Getting rid of it was a way to address how bugged it was. Features don't have bugs if they don't exist. That said, you shouldn't pull vehicles from the base which is already under attack, you should pull them from one base back.
  4. JibbaJabba

It's a complete chore.

Nothing is gained from this new system. There is no tactics or strategy added. You could always blow up a vehicle terminal and then contest the players trying to use it. This gameplay hasn't changed.

Now we just have a chore to spawn stuff. Air in particular. And some bases like Amp stations have always had utterly stupid air terminals. This new change simply exposes a whole bunch of design flaws.

Revert the vehicle terminal change.
    • Up x 2
  5. Touchmaballs

You should at least be able to quick pull from bases that have no enemies or very few. Trying to attack defend a bastion you lose plenty of time walking unhacking, destroying terminals. The infil hacking is so annoying. I think the hack on terminals and turrets shouldn't be permanent at bases way behind enemy lines, should last about 5 to 10 min.
  6. Shadowpikachu

Quick pull should be enabled at 0% pop or something, it's abit cheesy sometimes and i dont really like the flow of even more tanks per minute.
    • Up x 1
  7. OneShadowWarrior

Thank god they got vehicleside a little under control.

I am seeing more firefights now. It’s a start!

Just like the original Planetside, some effort is required to pull a vehicle. Amazing!
  8. BengalTiger

Agreed. Some bases (amp stations) are not quite vehicle operator friendly.

Also agreed if there's 100% friendlies and no enemies that the auto-spawn-in-vehicle should return. If only for bases that do not border enemy territory.
  9. Grandizer

Agree totally...a chore.
    For the out of the way terminals, it's a great spot for cloakers, harassers and pilots to camp and gank. Already been seeing it when you have enemies not wanting to engage in any real battles but just sit and try to get kills from standing at the term, or having to run 50 yards to get there. I've been sniped enough times at an outdoor term, standing while selecting my loadout number. Maybe you can say it's part of the game now.

I don't personally see what was fixed by removing map vehicle spawn. So many other things that need fixing, like the 10 year old sound bug.
  10. OSruinedPS1

If this were a real military, the person who designed these bases would be executed for treason.