Emerald over 400ms

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grandizer, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Grandizer

So the last post that was moved for the latency is now locked...so I thought I would kindly bring it to someone's attention.

Right now on Amerish, over 400ms server latency with spikes over 600. Can't even play correctly.
    • Up x 2
  2. Mithril Community Manager

Thank you for your report. We're investigating this matter.
  3. Ikarius77

3 days on a row... spikes from 200 to 500ms on latency, Emerald is unplayable right now.

Fix it, ASAP.
    • Up x 1
  4. JibbaJabba

Problem has been continuous for two weeks now!

So this is bad. Worst I've seen in a couple years. It's isolated to Amerish. It's bad enough that I would highly advise taking Amerish out of rotation. I know that is drastic but people are dropping out of the game when that continent comes up.

Symptoms:
    Highly delayed hitreg. Nearly every 1:1 infantry engagement ends with both players dying.
    Grenades go off the next day.
    It's exacerbated by large fights. But happens in every fight, even 1-12.
    Unconfirmed: Seems to get worse during course of continent life.

Edit:
    Actual text chat is slow & delayed!
    Beacons take 20 seconds.

It's bad. Borderline unplayable, not an exaggeration. Close this continent please.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ashido

This is still continuing. Amerish's performance is absolutely garbage, if it happens to be the prime time alert beacons are consistently 20+ seconds and orbitals can take up to a minute to land. This has been incredibly consistent from only Amerish, fix or take it out of the rotation until you deploy something that might fix it.
    • Up x 2
  6. XcachoX

Server lag still a problem , 500 ms of server latency
    • Up x 1
  7. JibbaJabba

Please close the continent.

As it stands if Amerish comes up, I log out. If a different continent, I'll keep playing.

We're losing players here.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eaglebird

I've encountered considerable latency on Esamir as well. I encountered the delated orbital strike yesterday, spending one and thinking "okay maybe I shouldn't drop another". One strike was 34s delayed, the other was 1m13s.
    • Up x 1
  9. JibbaJabba

It's 11:54am on a Sunday. I sat down to play for a bit. Amerish is the only continent open. Logged out.

This continent needs to come out of rotation until it's fixed. The utter lack of communication on this very major issue is disheartening.
    • Up x 1
  10. lemurwrangler

nuff said /mooo